Does anyone else believe in SIGNS??

Old 10-14-2006, 12:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Does anyone else believe in SIGNS??

Well, I was a basket case little more than 30 min or so ago b/c I couldn't find my car key to bring my stuff to storage.... While searching for my key thoughts would go through my head that made me wonder if I was doing the wrong thing... was this a sign?

Well... I also found stamina pills (which most of you know AH will harass me ALL night even after I've said NO thanks) I found coke bottles..... hidden in cabinets w/101 poured into them....

I found my key! It was on my bed. I had taken it away from the kids and put it on the bed as I came to get back on SR.... I found my key and I hauled BUTT to the storage place.... while unloading one of my porcelain dolls the top came off the box and I tried to put it back on and it wouldn't fit. I opened it all the way and there was a bottle of Wild Turkey hidden in it. Can you believe this??

Also... I went to sign on to my myspace page earlier and evidentally AH hadn't signed off his profile when he was on last and it popped up. It had a message sent to some girl half naked sprawled all out on a chair! WTF???

These are all signs! Get the hell out!!! The key thing ... just my anxiety kicking in. Gonna start stuffing sh*t in the car again guys.. you all have a good evening!!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Agreed, get out. I'm sorry you had to find these things. I know from personal experiance how painful it is......
Old 10-14-2006, 12:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I understand,too.......it is good/bad to "find" these things.

More shall be revealed.....yes!

I have had many of these events, and yes...I believe they are more than coincidence.

hugs to you; you are doing great.
Old 10-14-2006, 12:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Ayers)) You go girl ! ! ! I will be thinking of you ...... I am moving small stuff today, will move the big stuff tomorrow......What a surprise for AH.
Good luck to you..........
Old 10-14-2006, 01:07 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow Lilac... good luck to you too! It has felt sooo good today getting some stuff out. All that is left are mine and the kids clothes, but they are in those plastic storage drawers for at my moms. I never unpacked them from when we moved back here. So my mom will come over tomorrow and I will put them in back of her truck and that should be it!

Yes, I imagine your ah will be surprised. MIne is sending me text messages asking if I want to make out like teens. I simply ignored him..... smile...

looking around for other stuff now.... thinking about going and getting a manicure too...
Old 10-14-2006, 01:34 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I love the title of this thread, "Do you believe in SIGNS?"

It caused me to reflect, and my response was, "Yes, I do. As long as I read them."

I believe that outer events and "co-incidences" happen ALL the time that could give us the info and clues to help us stay on our true inner path, the path we are meant to stay on.

But, we ignore a lot of those messages in our daily busy lives.

So, yes!! I believe in signs all around us. Sometimes the Universe just has to turn up the volume and put them RIGHT in our faces, though.

Sounds like you are getting signals LOUD and CLEAR!!! Over and OUT!!! Good luck with your move~
Old 10-14-2006, 03:58 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

hi,
I think those signs were a real gift... and just make the truth more clear to you. You knew what you needed to do and the 'signs' confirmed it.
hugs,
cmc
Old 10-14-2006, 04:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Yes, I think these are signs that you are doing the right thing for yourself! You are very brave and I wish you all the best!
Old 10-14-2006, 05:56 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

God talks thru them thar signs.

Maybe time to listen?
Old 10-14-2006, 08:18 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Were you thinking that loseing the car keys was an omen, that you should not leave or not leave today? Nope, we always lose the car keys when we are in a hurry, planning to do something diff, lots of things on our mind. Nope! No omen. just the way it is.
Old 10-14-2006, 10:05 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I think the most important sign is the panic you felt when you couldnt' find the keys. If you couldn't leave, if you couldn't find the keys, you realize how much you want to leave.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:07 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

God talks to us through ther people and signs. "Nothing happens in Gods world by mistake."

He was showing you that you are doing the right thing.

Ngaire
Old 10-15-2006, 07:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I can look back with humor at how hard I prayed for God to hear me. I prayed for Him to fix my marriage. It got worse and worse and worse. At my wits end I left feeling like I hadn't been heard and I was a failure. I got suddenly had an epiphany He had been giving me an answer. LEAVE!
Old 10-15-2006, 07:27 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

In Gods eye we are all His creatures, just like a bird with a wound. We don't find a wounded bird and kick it. We put it in a shoe box and feed it worms. We take care of it. If an animal is hit by a car I know he waould want us to stop and get that animal out of the road. He would not want us to leave it there to be hit over and over again. We are Gods creatures and we are all stopping to help you get out of the road. Does loving God mean we are supposed to refuse help and to prove our love for Him, insist on getting run over until we are dead? That doesn't make sense. You found this site. You were looking for a site like this. You are hurting and you don't know how on earth to get yourself out of harms way so you think you have to find a way to resolve your self to it. As you pray and listen to the wisdom here, allow yourself to consider options you haven't. We each consider our words here carefully. You will also find you have words that will help someone else.
Old 10-15-2006, 07:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!
Old 10-15-2006, 10:04 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by mallowcup
I think the most important sign is the panic you felt when you couldnt' find the keys. If you couldn't leave, if you couldn't find the keys, you realize how much you want to leave.
Such a great way to look at it. Amazing how every message can be interpreted.
Old 10-15-2006, 03:37 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I am a true believer in signs. I may actually have posted about this very topic before, LOL.

When AH and I first seperated, there were times that I really felt myself weakening and wondering if I was doing the right thing. It never failed that about this time, a "Sign" would show itself that AH hadn't changed. Whether it was a bill that he'd told me he'd paid that would show up in the mail or the school calling to inform me that he'd gotten our son to school late yet again, or whatever - these things only seemed to come to my attention when I was feeling weak. This sort of thing has continued throughout our seperation - it's just up to me to recognize the sign. I learned this the hard way about a year and a half ago when I allowed myself to be sucked back into the pain when I saw a sign and yet ignored it.

What I've gone through since our seperation has also strengthened my Faith. This was something that I'd pretty much given up on awhile back. But I firmly believe that God helps those that help themselves. I'd heard that saying before, but I was amazed at the blessings that seemed to fall upon me when I needed them the most. Interesting how that sort of thing didn't seem to happen when AH and I were together. Nope, I believe that God was taking care of me and helping me all along the way. I have no doubt in that!

People wonder if there are coincidences in life.
I no longer believe in coincidence.

And what a great post by Mallow - to notice your panic about not being able to find the keys. Perhaps that in itself is your answer.
Old 10-16-2006, 09:44 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

I believe in signs......everday that he is not with me, I wake up with an even bigger smile on my face. Huge sign.