CAN they love us?

Old 10-11-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Maybe that's where some of our the anger comes from in their drunkeness and their sobriety. In drunkeness, it takes everything we've got to have their very least. In their sobriety, we see their least was not their best.

Mallow--I think that you have really hit the nail on the head with that one. I don't think that I ever really thought about it that way, but it makes sense. Thinking about my resentment in that way may help me become willing to have my HP remove it before it becomes a bigger roadblock to my recovery and my relationship with my sober AH than it already is. Thank you!!
Old 10-11-2006, 09:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

My AW's story and love

as her addiction progressed, she said shed stay with me forever, (unsaid but implied; as long as I provide a place to live, a car, funds for her ad her friends drinking)

She'd get all dolled up to go to work at a bar/nightclub to greet a married police officer that looked out for drunks fighting at that bar. The married cop swore to her he was divorced. She even got a copy of his divorce decree. th thing he didnt tell her is that hed long since remarried. anyway my wife made her 'independant free life decision with him egging her on" perfect, Itold her to go live with him as you both love each other. She found out the hard way that his wife would not like her in their bed ver much.

Pride is another stumbling block for addicts, or should I say swallowing pride. She is on her own struggling to make ends meet claiming everything is great.Brke, evicted, fired from a job, just great.

I have serenity and dont have to open the door at 4am cause she is too drunk to find her keys. i am not abusedwhen she is irritable. i am not scratched or punched when she is plastered and trying to get money.

she failed to show up at an intervention. i tried everything possible according to th addiction experts. it is in Gods hands now.

with actie use, she is not the same person I married.