SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Alcoholics (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/)
-   -   Imponderables (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-alcoholics/10494-imponderables.html)

smoke gets in my eyes 03-14-2003 07:25 PM

Imponderables

Well, we're supposed to give up asking "why?" where our drug seeking loved ones are concerned. But I keep running into "whys?" all over my life... like...

WHY do I eat chips with my salsa? The chips are bad for me and I don't give two hoots for them. Gimme a spoon.

And...

WHY is the bottom of the rottiserie chicken container shallow and the top deep? If it were the opposite, the broth wouldn't now be on my skirt.

-_____

Please share life's imponderables here!

Ann 03-14-2003 07:38 PM

LOL - Smoke you crack me up.

Let's see...

Why won't telemarketers give me their home phone number so I can call them back when THEY are eating dinner?

Why does "One Size Fits All" not?

Why is there a "mute" button on my phone? If I wanted mute, I would turn it off.

Why do I hit "snooze" at least 3 times every morning when my alarm goes off, instead of setting it 20 minutes later.

Oh Oh...you've got my head going again :tongue3:

vinnietoo 03-14-2003 07:57 PM

OK..why are there braille keys on the
drive-up cash machines?

Why are there questions?

Blessings,
Vinnie

matters 03-15-2003 12:26 AM

At it again I see and succeeding in making me laugh !!!

Why do we have to Spring ahead and Fall back. Just let us leave those clocks alone. It's the clock in the car that I always forget about.

Anns don't feel bad, I have my alarm clock set 30 mins. fast and I still hit the snooze 3 or more times. If I am really exhausted I keep hitting it until it doesn't come on anymore... oh no!

Why does the toilet paper in public rest rooms always keep tearing? And it is so darn thin!!

Ann 03-15-2003 05:24 AM

LOL Matters, my alarm is set 20 minutes fast too. I like to see what "late" looks like before I get there.

Why do shopping carts all have one wobbly wheel? I mean if one is bad, why not four wobblers? Do they put on three good wheels and one wobbler just to steer us all to Aisle 3?

Gabe 03-15-2003 07:56 AM

Why, oh why

does a can of powdered infant formula say "Add water before feeding"? Are people REALLY that dumb.

lyn_blossom78 03-15-2003 08:23 AM

Why is it I can do laundry all day, have it nearly done, and go in the laundry room at the end of the day only to find my laundry closet is full again?

Why is it I run the dishwasher, and while it is still running, the sink is filling with dishes?

Why is it that I can mop through my entire downstairs, and look back through the house any my little (still not sold) puppies, putting little puddles all over my clean floor? And why is my female again in heat when the puppies are only 9 weeks old?

Why is it after all these years of making clothing that the clothing manufacturers went back to cotton--which fades, wrinkles and shrinks? Wouldn't you think by now clothing could come out of the dryer looking as good as new? Or better yet, walk itself into the laundry room, wash itself, dry itself, and fold itself? teehee

And amen on the alarm clocks! I had mine set an hour ahead at one point, and it still didn't help! I wonder if the shock was good or bad on my heart?

Lyn

faithinbrian 03-15-2003 12:32 PM

OH MY GOSH, YOU MADE ME LAUGH!!!!! I can relate, to all. I have my alarm set ahead , I have 2 alarm clocks!!! hehe, sometimes I feel as though I am in 2 time zones, and I still struggle with getting to work on time, my son says mom why do all the clocks say a diffent time? I tell him you can change the living room one and your room to say the same, but the kitchen and my room need to be the way they are.......
:rolleyes: and all the questions about WHY??? me and a coworker thing about those all the time, can about drive ya silly. :confused:

Hangin' In 03-17-2003 12:21 PM

Why, OH WHY, did God ONLY give me TWO smalls things?

1. Wrists, and

2. Bladder.

Dern!!! HE could have at least put the SMALL bladder on the outside so someone could admire it's petite size! But, OH NO, He had to go and put the THIGHS on the outside!

Geeze, just my luck..............

The Jay Walker 03-17-2003 02:33 PM

if men are supposed to get more distinguished with age.

Why do my summer clothes shrink every winter?

Why do men hit here peak at 18 and women at 40? is this some kind of sick joke?

Gabe 03-17-2003 03:43 PM

Jay

I think the 18 vs. 40 thing is the sickest joke in the history of male/female relations. That is definately imponderable.
Peace,
Gabe

constant 03-17-2003 03:53 PM

Hey, I don't just set my alarm early, I set the time ahead on the whole darn clock!!!! That way when I hit the snooze 2 or 3 times and look at the clock, I think it is later so I'll get up! LOL How crazy that trick yourself out of the bed.

Why I am the only one in my house that knows how to put toilet paper on the holder? .....better yet why am I the only one that realizes when you use the last of it, get out a new roll!!!!

Why do they think the kitchen counter is the trash?

Why is the TV on full blast and we are shouting to hear each other?

Why put an empty box back in the pantry?

I could go on and on!!!!

Alongtimegone 03-17-2003 05:51 PM

Why?

Why do Dr.'s prescribe vitamins for little kids and tranquilizers for moms?

Why is there such a thing as "jumbo shrimp?"

Why is all the great tasting food bad for you?

vinnietoo 03-17-2003 07:22 PM

OK my wife just told that," that is why 40+ women
should have relations with 18 year old guys....
that almost sounds sick" but why???....that's what she said.

Blessings,
Vinnie

kinda like "how stella got her groove back" Smoke...
help here?? Vin

Ann 03-17-2003 07:28 PM

Just imponderable Vinnie LOL. Who, at 40, would WANT an 18 year old guy? It takes guys too long to grow up. Besides, who wants to suck their stomach in 24 hours a day?

Hangin' In 03-17-2003 09:06 PM

Ann,

I've decided 18 or 88, NO man is worth sucking your stomach in for 24 hours. Darn, that is way too much work!!!! lol.