I wanted to share this

Old 10-06-2006, 11:29 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I wanted to share this

It's a little extreme...but I was angry and hurt when I wrote this, at G and my sister (not the one in jail...another one that screwed me over on our cell phone contract), and I was angry at myself for trusting too much that "people actually do what they say they will". G has a alcohol/drug addiction, my sister has an addiction to softball (yes....softball). I've learned that when I deal with any kind of addict...I'm going to burned. So from now on, I only help those who help themselves.

Who is your best friend?

You think you can trust others, but you can't. You think you can depend on others, but you can't. You think others can make you happy, but they can't! You think if you give yourself to someone and vow to make them happy everyday for the rest of your life, they will repay that back to you.

The only person in this world that you can trust, depend on, and count on to be there for you every minute of every day is yourself.

So take really good care of yourself.....you are what matters.
Old 10-07-2006, 02:09 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

I'm really sorry that you got letdown so badly...at one time I was going to have a tattoo saying "Trust Nobody" but I met people who I have come to trust, have hope, of course trust yourself and if you could maybe you can leave a window slightly open in your heart...there is always hope.
Keeping you in my thought.

indie
Old 10-07-2006, 03:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You can't trust the untrustworthy, you can't depend on undependable people, you counted on G's promises because he stood before God and said you could. You can trust people. I would trust you. You could trust me. Nice people exist. It is when we condemn the honest dependable people and expect something from someone who does nothing but let us down, that is a perversion of truth. Don't make the rest of the world carry the burdon of proving they aren't your sister or G. You can trust people, you can't trust G. People didn't let you down. G did.
Old 10-07-2006, 08:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((jess)))

The healthier I get, the more healthy people I attract into my life. There are people I can trust and depend on, it's learning to not let the ones I can't into my life. It's a process.