Just to say hi

Old 03-14-2003, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Just to say hi

Still check in with you guys on a somewhat regular basis, but just no time to say hi. Have had a strange time lately. Lost the good job and am now working 5 part time jobs. Sounds more hectic than it is. Had to move the exa into the basement for a little added money. It has been hard dealing with him back in but anon is the only way I can do it. I read Changes a LOT and meditate a LOT. My niece lost her dad to drinking about a month ago. She just turned 18 and it was VERY hard for her. Everyone else had given up on him but her. I wish he could have seen what it was doing to her. She was supposed to start college the day of his funeral. Now she has put it off til next semester. Of course my oldest is upset that her dad could be next. Spring is finally coming though and Marvin and I have been taking walks. Found a guy I really want to start dating but the ex in the basement makes that a little hard. I know he will use it as an excuse to hit the bottle. Hopefully I can get caught up on bills and get him out again. Well, hang in there everybody and I'll keep reading your posts for encouragement. Thanks for being here.
Old 03-14-2003, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cheryl!

It's so great to see your name on the board! My heart goes out to you and your niece. I hope she is using the resources of alanon to help deal with her grief.

Now... heavens to Betsy! The ex in your substrata. Reminds me of an old movie title "Don't Look in the Basement". How is his battle with the bottle going? I'm sure this really crimps your style.

Please pet Marvin for me!

Hugs,
Smoke
Old 03-14-2003, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Cheryl,
Great to hear from you again!!! You sound good, although life sounds challenging right now. Take good care, spring is coming, thank the Lord.
Love,Rose
Old 03-14-2003, 05:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

****{Cheryl}}}

Sorry for your bad time and hugs to you and your niece.

Miss you and hope you will drop in more often.
Old 03-19-2003, 07:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Hi CherylG,

I've missed you. I'm glad you're okay but sorry things are so tough right now but realizing your situation is just temporary.

Yikes, he's in the basement. Don't sacrifice your wants for the sake of not giving him a reason to hit the bottle, haven't you sacrificed enough? Yeah, I know it's just to keep peace and harmony in the house while he's there.

Good luck to you and know my thoughts are with you!!

Love,
Gal
Old 03-20-2003, 07:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Fantastic Member

My court date commeth!

Hi everyone.......................
Well in the mail today I received the final notice of my divorce court date. No more wating this out. This county only gives you XXXXX number of days. I am stressed~ The A is running out of patience he says...he wants to come back. I don't know what to do....things have gone well and but think we need more time with our consellor. He may say that is ok as long as I drop the case and opt to stay together...............but what I REALLY hate and I admit it is the paper going away...........it gives me a false sense of security. I know that sounds real strange....but I like him there and me here. I just don't think he truly realizes the damage he did....so they all think once they have gone to AA...detox and etc.....that we just should forget? He is being good about it...I hate to fault him...but when he says one thing off the mark...my head starts to spin and I think damn.................I am setting myself up for hell.
Feeling confused for sure
God Bless America, our troups and all of us!
Love Kitty
Old 03-21-2003, 05:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

((((((((Kitty))))))))

I am praying for you that God will give you direction. I understand your fear that everything will go back to the way it was if you do not go through with the divorce. SOmething tells me that you should listen to your hesitation, and honor your own needs for more time before you decide if you want to resume the marriage. Also it doesn't feel right that he is pushing you to make a decision. Very good friends of ours got divorced, lived apart for 5 years and then got re-married and had a third child. They changed and grew during the time they were apart. They are still together and I think their third child is about 12yrs now. My point is you can always get remarried if that is what you want in the future.

Listen to your heart, don't let him pressure you. If you want more time, take it, you deserve to get what YOU need in this situation. And if that is the divorce paper, then do it. My prayers will be with you all day.