Sad

Old 10-04-2006, 05:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Sad

Hi Everyone,

So I broke up withe BF a week and half ago.

The straw that broike the camels back was when he totally avoided calling his siter about his mother who they said was dying and then when he did call they had just had the funeral and then he;s crying to me.

Totally non-functioning, no oil in the tank for heat, wouldn't file for heating assistance, no money for food,utilities going to be cut-off not able to work because of back problem but wouldn't file for workmans comp or social aid and on and on. So made no sense to me and I was getting verbally abused because I was giving recovery answers to him and not engaging in a situation he was setting himself up for.

I couldn't do the roller coaster anymore and I couldn't put my son through it either. We come first.

So what can I say it hurts,I'm sad. I also lost my job abd dont have enough weeks for unemployment so I had to go and file for social welfare until I get something else.

Ngaire
Old 10-04-2006, 05:46 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

(((Ngaire))) lots of prayer and love going out to you (and your loved ones).
Old 10-04-2006, 08:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ouch sweets .... Im sorry your hurting...

As Im sure you know my slate has been wiped clean lately. Breakup of BF (in the worse way) My daughter moving to her Aunts and Uncles and a possible Job loss (dont know yet) and now the health of a dear friend.....

I have to wonder why my slate would be wiped clean.... I know God always has a plan .... but if he had to bring me to this level to put it in action I have to hope its a really big wonderful plan. Maybe that is just what he is going to do with you. Im a clean slate, going to theraphy .. working my program ... and most of all really working on myself .... It hurts like the devil in so many ways.... but like they say you cant stand on the mountain till you walk through the Valley....

I will walk with you and we can get excited about what is to come... just take the next right action and keep going forward. I look back sometimes too and wish..... but forward is the only healthy course left.

We will be ok... We just have to have faith.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Ngaire,

You need a hug?

((Ngaire))
Big hugs from me.

I can relate, I really can. Its not an easy decision to end things, I understand.

Totally non-functioning, no oil in the tank for heat, wouldn't file for heating assistance, no money for food,utilities going to be cut-off not able to work because of back problem but wouldn't file for workmans comp or social aid and on and on. So made no sense to me and I was getting verbally abused because I was giving recovery answers to him and not engaging in a situation he was setting himself up for.
Cynay..awesome words
Old 10-04-2006, 09:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Praying for you. (((hugs)))
Old 10-04-2006, 09:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Remember often times opportunities will come disguised as misfortunes.

Praying for you, sweetie. Hang in there....and keep faith alive. A miracle is just around the corner.
Old 10-04-2006, 09:46 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

prayers and hugs to you ngaire - better days ahead for you!!
Old 10-04-2006, 02:02 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

(((ngaire))) It's not an easy decision, but I hope your life will only grow more beautiful from here on.

Take good care of yourself through this tough time.
Old 10-04-2006, 02:10 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Just wanted to give you a hug too...I am sorry that you are
going through all of this pain....
Old 10-04-2006, 05:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

So sorry you're hurting, Ngaire. Sending healing prayers your way and prayers that you'll find a new job quickly. Also sending prayers for your ex-partner that he'll find a path to sobriety.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:31 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers for you Ngaire. Things will get better....you are very strong and I know in my heart you'll be just fine
Old 10-04-2006, 05:58 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

((Ngaire)) I think Cynay said it best. What kind and positive words. I couldn't possibly top them, so I'll just let you know I am thinking of you.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:00 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Ngaire,

I am soo sorry for what you are going through. You have been such an incredible influence and support to me since I joined SR. I pray that I can return the favor.

You always told me that I needed to get out and get away from the abuse.
Abuse is abuse....verbal or physical. You made a very wise choice and I'm so proud of you. You practice what you preach!!!!! There's not a whole lot of people that I can say that about.

I know it hurts and I can understand that you're sad. My sponsor calls that "Necessary pain." The healing that takes place after an injury.

I will keep you in my prayers, Ngaire!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Square one can be a beautiful place. It really can. I started over when i had nothing. Nothing to lose. Square one is a place to embrace. Youcan now make your loife whatever you want from the first brick you lay. There simply was NOTHING left to spend on the relationship. It took every single thing. It wasn't enough. That relationship has simply become too expensive for you. I had to go on welfare. So what. Welfare doens't have to be a lifestyle or permanent. It is a stepping stone, a lifesaver. Use it to get on your feet. the best is yet to come. You never have to look back wondering if you should have done more. There was absolutely nothing left for you to do. Now, God can help. Ihope HIs presence manifests in your life with opportunity and peace.
Old 10-05-2006, 05:19 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Thanks Everyone for all of your supportve replies. I really appreciate them all.

Ngaire
Old 10-05-2006, 05:37 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

It is hard to start with nothng but God will provide for your needs. Just keep having faith and keep looking forward.

I just got laid off myself but I can draw unemployment. My abf has me so far in the whole it will take me awhile to dig out but I am slowly doing it thanks to everyone I owe working with me. My abf doesnt work but after a falling out a few weeks ago he has been looking. We live in a small town and not many jobs here anymore so it is hard to find one here. His liscense are susupended for 6 months so he cant really look out of town right now and he will have to take chances here in town or me take him. I been praying he gets a job and then maybe we can make it with my unemployment.

I had my family when I seperated from my exhubby. My mom and dad helped me out alot but they want now that my abf lives here with me. They dont understand what I am going through with him. They are the type of people that you dont do drugs or drink and they want help me until he leaves. They want even give him a chance to clean up. He has been clean now almost 60 days but my parents dont understand.

Just hang in there it will get easier even though it is hard to start off. Dont be afraid to ask for public assistance.
Take care of YOU!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Pick-a-name
(((Ngaire))) lots of prayer and love going out to you (and your loved ones).
I second that.