Prayers for DesertEyes (Mike)

Old 10-04-2006, 04:22 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Glad for the update; thanks Cynay.

I'm glad your news was encouraging,Mike. Better behave yourself...I'd hate to think of the comotion all of us codies here might have if you didn't! haha

Really....hope you take advantage of this chance to rest and recuperate! Hope you will be feeling lots better very soon!
Old 10-04-2006, 05:15 PM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

unfortunally this is not going to be the last time he has a "cardiac events"
Thanks for the update on Mikey, Cynay. You know, perhaps Mike's docs need to join this forum and get some recovery themselves. Because everyone who's put in any time on this forum knows that crystal balls only work in the movies and nobody knows what the future holds. All we can be sure about is what we have today.

And what we have today is Mikey resting comfortably in his bed, recovering nicely, and surrounded by plenty of folks who love him.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:27 PM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Hey Mike! Just spoke with Cynay on her cell phone but lost her on the 202 - bad cell zone. I'm praying for you. I believe in miracles. I wouldn't believe it unless I had seen it with my own eyes. I love you and I know your higher power loves you. I'm going to keep praying that God's will be done, but I'm tossing in a HUGE request that we have you with us for a LONG time.
Old 10-04-2006, 05:33 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Sending prayers to Mike

(((((MIKE)))))
Old 10-04-2006, 06:34 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Hugs and prayers to Mike... let the doctors do their jobs and do your best to FOLLOW THEIR ORDERS, as hard as that may be...

Hugs

Cat
Old 10-04-2006, 07:39 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Strong prayers heading your way for a speedy recovery!!!!!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:44 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  

Good Morning....

Well Last night was a good night for Mike, well as far as I could tell. He only had to take 1/4 of the pill to get to sleep last night and before the pill he sounded really good. Tired of course but alot more alert and alot less pain.

He has an appointment this Morning with another Doctor and I guess there is a panal of 7 of them that will meet and discuss his condition and what further tests/medicines should be adjusted so I will know more about that later this morning and will let you all know. So far so good..

Thanks for all the posts and prayers... he really enjoys when I read them to him and personality I think it lifts his spirits.... I know it helps that he knows how loved he is.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I think we should just load up the bus and go out there. I'll bring the cheesecake- according to my kids it has healing powers.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Sending prayers

Wishing you a speedy recovery!!
Old 10-05-2006, 11:33 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Well just heard from our favorite veggi.......

It looks like our Mike will have to go in on Monday for some more tests... They are pretty sure from the tests so far that he has Mital Valve Prolapse...

The Doctors want to do a Eco Cardiogram which is more tests to look at the valve.... what that means is they will have to raise his heart rate to see how it performs when its working hard, then they can look at the valve and make a decision about how bad it is. Apparently this was not there last year when he had the test so it is a new developement over the last year. Also they found that there is Mechanical damage to the heart... last year they found a patch of dead muscel in the heart and they would also like to see if that has grown at all.

Unfortunally because his heart is already weak this could mean some hospital time for him after the tests... They have him on his normal Meds for now and he will just be resting for the tests on Monday.

Today he is just tired from his adventures at the doctors and is resting right now... he is very use to these tests so he does not seem too concerned... and seems to be in a good spirits.
Old 10-05-2006, 11:56 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  

Stay comfortable, rested and know that we all care very much Mike! >>>>>>~~~~~~(((((((Healing energy coming at you)))))))~~~~>>>>
Old 10-05-2006, 12:06 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  
Cruelty-Free

Originally Posted by Cynay
Well just heard from our favorite veggi.......
I guess I have to settle for 2nd favorite veggi status...

Thanks for the update!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:48 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  
When Pigs Fly

Thanks for the update. Hope it all works out okay. My Mom and Dad both have heart problems so I know about all those tests. I wish you well. Remember to stay rested. We love you here.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:36 PM
  # 54 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

Thinking about you, Mike and all that you are going thru. Stay calm and rest, let them take care of yu....so you are on the road to Medical recovery soon!
Sorry you have to go thru all this testing, and worry.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:18 PM
  # 55 (permalink)  

Prayers going out..and he needs to keep his butt in bed or there's going to be an AZ roadtrip to tie him up!

(oops... he might enjoy that too much..not good for the heart. )
Hey guys ... typing from Mike....

OMG ..... that woke me up from all the medication you would fit in just fine in Vegas.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:23 PM
  # 56 (permalink)  

This is Mike ....

Thank you for all your thoughts and prayers they mean so much to me.

Love you guys and hope to be able to post here again soon.
Old 10-06-2006, 03:41 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  
Survivor

I really hope he is okay, he is such a wonderful person.

Many prayers for Desert Eyes.
Old 10-06-2006, 05:09 AM
  # 58 (permalink)  

(((Mike))) sounds as if you are in good hands! My son has heart problems/surgery and it is amazing the new procedures,equipment,etc. that keep coming along (at least to my mind). Sounds like your team of doctors is on top of things. Glad you are in an area that you have that.

Hope you are feeling better and obeying orders and getting some rest! I know forced rest when you have concerns like this isn't as easy and relaxing as it sounds....BTDT.

Know that there is a lot of love out here for you and many,many people are keeping you in their prayers...I am one of them.

Cynay: what a great friend you are. Thanks for keeping us all up to speed. (Hope you are getting some rest,yourself!)