What a BOOST!!!

Old 10-02-2006, 09:38 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

What a BOOST!!!

I spoke with my daughter's guidance counselor this morning. I filled her in on my AH and some of the things that are happening.( I truly believe it is so important for the children for the people that teach them to have some idea of what's happening at home.) Anyway, she said something to me that made me feel untouchable and on top of the world. She said " I commend you for the way you are handling things with Maggie. You have raised one of the healthiest children I have ever met." Considering before AH I was a single mom for the first 9 years of her life, ( and though married have really continued to be) I take that as a huge compliment. It just made me feel so good, and maybe I haven't completely screwed things up after all.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

WoW....

I know how much that compliment would mean to me as well.... Im a single mom too for my daughter, since she was 2, and I know first hand how hard it is.

Congrads to you! Sounds like you should do something wonderful for you and your daughter!
Old 10-02-2006, 10:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That's great to hear every now and then! Great job.
Old 10-02-2006, 10:41 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

WOW! A great mom award is as good as a Nobel prize in my book!
Old 10-02-2006, 03:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
cmc

What a great thing to hear! I used to say that being a parent is hard only for those who take it seriously... and you certainly have!! I also like it that the counselor took the time to share with you- so often, parents don't receive input on how their kids are doing in school. Maggie has a great mom and Mom has a great daughter!!!
Thanks for sharing your happiness with us!!