How to leave???

Old 09-30-2006, 03:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question How to leave???

Hello, this is my third post........so i am still new to this.

I have an appointment today to look at an apartment to get away from my AH. I have not said anything to him yet. I want to be able to get my
2 cats out of the house before he knows. I don't care if he does something to my furniture, just my cats........................I don't know how to tell him
I am leaving.
Old 09-30-2006, 04:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I'd spare myself telling him. I'd wait until he's gone and move. If I were to leave, I wouldn't say a word. He'd come home and the good half of everything would be gone. I would see no point in a conversation. Why go through all of that. The next time he heard from me, it would be through a lawyer. A conversation would only get me upset because he would be sure to focus it on what I am not. He's made that clear. I guess I'd handle it that way because once I made up my mind to leave, it would be a solid decision. Once I leave, I'm not coming back. Promises of recovery would not be a factor. I think not having a conversation about it is the first tangible sign that life isn't going to include them anymore. We would all love to imagine that stunned look on their face as we exit. I think we all know we'd get some sweet talk followed b the big FU when it didn't work. I'm not leaving but I'm planning. I'm determined to have a plan and some cash so that leaving is an option I have in an instant. There is also nothing wrong with you leaving it all behind and starting over completely with pink furniture. In the early days I loved garage sales where I could strip and sand, reapolster and paint my new found treasures. Unfortunately that was 20 years ago, now the house is full. This can be a new and exciting move for you. Hope the apt has a nice suny window for your cats.
Old 09-30-2006, 09:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

IT's a very hard situation lilac. I wish you luck, as I am feeling the same as you are.... ((((hugs)))
Old 09-30-2006, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just make your plan to do a grand exit when he isn't around.
As mallow said take the best of what you can and just do it.
There is not point telling him if this is what you really want to do.
Old 09-30-2006, 10:15 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

sad

Thank you everyone for your support. I put a deposit down on the apartment today when I went to look at it. Then when I got home I have not stopped crying.........I think he knows something is wrong, he is at work and keeps calling my cell phone. I can't take the mood swings and yelling anymore, but I feel like my heart is breaking.............