I probobly goofed.

Old 09-29-2006, 07:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I probobly goofed.

MY AH has been calling me at work, where he knows I have to answer the phone. He told me yesterday if I called the whole thing off and came home he would build me a house. I told him our living situation had nothing to do with why I left.

On the way home yesterday my cell phone started to ring and I answered it and it was him and he ask, "Do you love me?" I told him I was not going to have this conversation with him and he said He was going to go and buy some shells and when I found him he would be dead. This is not the first time he has told me this and I kinda lost it with him. I told him to go buy his shells, to load his gun, and when he pointed it at his head to think of each one of his 5 kids and picture there beautiful faces and then picture them when me and his ex-wife had to explain to them what there father had done to himself and then you do what you have to do.

I know that I should not had said this, but this is all I have heard when I do have to talk to him. I really am not a cruel person, but he had been worse these last few days. He is telling our daughter all kinds of things. I have even stopped him from picking her up from school.

By the way he called the kids this morning and he is still alive, I did not talk to him, but my daughter did.
Old 09-29-2006, 07:29 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Life - Sometimes they pour on us more than we can take. I probably would have handled it the same way.

I'm sorry to hear you are going through this, it must be very heart wrenching for you. (((hugs))) Hope you have a good day. Ayers
Old 09-29-2006, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Sometimes you just let loose and let 'em have it. No matter what he does or doesn't do, you can't control it.

Hang in there, Life, you're doing good.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

The next time he pulls that, simply say "ok....I have to get off the phone and call 911 to let them know you are a danger to yourself....the police will be there shortly." And then make the call. A couple of trips by the cops to check on him and the authorities will lock him up to be checked out to see if he really does have thoughts of suicide.

You did okay. He was trying "manipulation" one more time. rofl. There is always the off chance that they have now slipped over the edge, and NO there is still no reasoning with them, thus its better just to make the call.

I am glad your daughter is open with you and still tells you what 'daddy says' because he can really screw her up with his biarre comments.

J M H O

Have a great day!!!!!!! You are so worth it!!!!!

Love and hugs,
Old 09-29-2006, 08:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My daughter cried all the way home the other day b/c she is afraid that he will run out of money and there is noone to cook for him. I reminded her that he, just like mommy, had a job and reminded her of all the times that he had to cook for her and she said, oh yeah, he can cook can't he. I also assured her that if Daddy needed anything that her grandmother and grandfather are right next door to her daddy. It took me a while to convince her that he would be okay, just like we are okay.

The Lawyer just called and my papers are ready to be signed. Wish me luck in getting him there to sign them. Hopefully I will be a free woman by Christmas. I am taking the kids to the mountains for Christmas. I hope it snows.
Old 09-29-2006, 08:23 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Wow, that's a difficult situation. Nothing much to add aside from sending prayers for you,the kids, and for him.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I refer to this as emotional blackmail. I don't how many times I would hear "I am just going to blow my brains out". I would call, drive by, look through the window and check. It was agonizing.
One day I just stopped and said if he is going to do it, he is going to do it. I can't stop it, I can't control it, and I can't live like this.
My ex would always tell my kids how sick he was, actually he still does.
Just the other day he told my daughter he thinks he had a stroke, cause he woke up and his arm was numb. It couldn't be because sometimes he passes out in odd positions and his arm was twisted under him. Anyway he is fine, just another ploy.
With little ones it is hard, they don't quite have the ability to sort all through it, just keep doing what your doing, cause that is all you can do.
Old 09-29-2006, 09:58 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

His ex-wife just called me and he has been over at her house crying and playing the pity game with her too.
Old 09-29-2006, 10:02 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

oy, looks like someone is throwing a pity party and trying to round up some guests
Old 09-29-2006, 10:14 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Yep, but she has already been where I am. She really is not bad at all. She and I have always gotten along pretty well. We are taking all the kids skating tonight.