thank you everyone

Old 09-21-2006, 12:08 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

thank you everyone

i want to thank everyone who wrote to me it really can make a person feel better knowing that there are people who care out there. i spoke with my mother today and asked her if she would go to sn al-anon meeting with me. i told her it would be good for us. she agreed and we are going to go to our first meeting this weekend. i am trying to get through this day by day, but it is harder to do it then say it. i feel like maybe if my mom just leaves my dad then he will know that he is hurting my family. the only problem is, is that everytime my mom tells him he is going to leave he says he cant live without her and if she leaves he will find her. so now my mom feels stuck with nowhere to go. he hasnt hit her yet but he has in the past many of times. he is very mentally abusive and i am scared that the more he keeps drinking that he might get violent. i am going to read those books that you guys recommended. thank you and i will let you know what i think ok the al-anon meeting.
Old 09-21-2006, 04:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Glad you are going to a meeting and that your mom is going,too.

Please don't count on your dad decided to get help just because your mom leaves or asks him to leave. Sometimes it happens;sometimes not. ( in my case my husband decided to continue drinking over our 27yr marriage and our two children.....at least so far) Doing what is best for YOU is always a good choice,no matter what he decides.
Let us know how the meeting goes!
Old 09-21-2006, 04:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hope the meeting goes well for you both. Try several if you have to, to find one that fits. The disease is progressive, as abuse tends to be. You are right to be worried. A good first step is getting the help YOU need. Good luck.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Oh Honey my heart goes out to you and your entire family. You're in my prayers hun. Stay strong. I'm very glad that you and your mother are going to go to meetings together. That's just wonderful.

Janit