AXH tests positive for HIV 1 and syphylis

Old 09-21-2006, 05:27 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hi,

Take care of yourself and get yourself tested A.S.AP just to make sure.

Ngaire
Old 09-21-2006, 05:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Mallow - thanks for your info. You right the Ins Co. probably did break a law of some kind. Would I do anything to the company....no. I think that other people are right on here and that I was meant to know the truth...by whatever means the man upstairs chose to deliver it to me. My ex has kept the kids and I in the dark for so long and this was his consequence.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:41 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Janitw)))
I'm adding my prayers for strength, hope and peace, along with a negative
test for you.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thanks Ray and Ngaire. (((((HUGS))))

Janit
Old 09-21-2006, 06:16 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thinking of you, janit. Prayers for all of you. ((()))
Old 09-21-2006, 06:20 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I think you misunderstand. Of course all people emotionally and physically connected to someone with an STD, deserve to know and I certainly do believe God has a way of delivering that information. It is your husband who can sue the insurance company, not you. They released the imformation about him. Important as well, is that NO a blood test will not reveal all STDs.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:28 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Oh my God...
(hugs) So sorry to hear this news. I'll keep your family in my prayers. If it's any comfort, I'm getting tested again at the end of October just to be safe since I was last with Rich at the end of June- and he never even tested positive. But it's just a responsible thing we can do to take care of ourselves when dealing with people who have been less than honest. And try not to beat yourself up about what you said to him- take a step back and realize his actions had the potential to put your life in danger!
Old 09-21-2006, 06:41 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

(((JanitW)))

............"more was revealed" to me in a situation a bit somewhat similar to this;I know all the thoughts and feelings that it brings (although no HIV,that I am aware of, in our case thankfully)

Just wanted you to know that you (him, and the rest of your family) are in my thoughts and prayers,too. I am very sorry this happened but glad you have the information for your own protection.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:18 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

jant, Caring ((Hugs))
Old 09-21-2006, 11:42 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

You can get in contact with your local health department and be tested for HIV and STD's. HIV testing takes time for results, but from what I've read, you get get STD results within 30 minutes. No charge. No names. Give them a call.
Old 09-21-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

(((janitw)))
Old 09-21-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Janit...

I don't even know what to say other than you are in my prayers.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Janit,
I am so sorry you are having to experience this raw pain. I'm sorry for your children and your XAH. You will all be in my daily prayers.
Old 09-21-2006, 06:22 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

You know I just had a thought.

I know this sounds REALLY insensitive..... but .....

Does he have life insurance? Are the premiums being paid and who is the beneficiary????

I know in many cases in divorce the life insurance is changed so that the beneficiary are the children..... If he as one I would make damn sure the premiums are paid.

That sounds awful, but he will never be able to get insurance again.
Old 09-21-2006, 07:36 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Update: I went to my Dr's. today and got retested. He said that my last test date was Oct of last year. And that if he had truly given me HIV in Jul 05 (which is when he left us) it definitely would have shown up on the last test. And as far as the Syphylis goes I would have known that to. I should have the results in by Sat or Monday at the latest.

We talked for a very long time as I have had this Dr. for many years now. He explained to me exactly how HIV works and when and how it can turn into AIDS.

He also said that my AXH 's test that showed up as positive could only be the first test. When someone is tested for HIV they do 2 tests and the 2nd one is called a Western Blot. What he suspects is the case is that I was given the results of only the 1st test and that the 2nd test results could be neg. If this happens to be the case then a 3rd test will be ordered for him. He went on to say that in regards to the Syphylis results - if he is HIV pos. penicillin will not work as well for him as it would for you and I, because his system is so weakened already.

As for what sent him there, the coughing of blood, he said that is typical when it comes to meth users in particular...but also could be many other things that could cause that to happen.

All I know is it's not a pretty picture no matter how you cut the cake. But both the Dr and myself feel very confident that we are all okay here at home.

Other than with you guys I have told only very selected people about any of this and it will get dropped after I find out my results.

I know all of you are right and he is paying an awful price for what he has done and it breaks my heart because I love him soooo much. And I'm sure I won't be able to find anything else out and to tell you the truth I don't think I could handle it anyway.

Thanks to one and all for your love and support I love you all..(((((((ALL)))))))

Janit - does the chaos ever end?????
Old 09-21-2006, 10:00 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Well it sounds like you got so many questions answered.
Thank God you and your kids are not at high risk. It is possible that your husband just received this news himself. His multi faceted conditon is going to dictate most of his life at the moment. It is a horrifying truth but better you know than not know. I don't know how old your kids are, but I'd still get advice from a professional about how and when to discuss this with them. I might refer to it as an "immune disorder". I think it is best to wait until you are composed. This is really your husbands story to tell or not. If he sees the kids, if they spend time at his house or in his care, it is your buisness. This is a communicable disease. I'm not even sure I'd let him know that you know right now. Did the doctor advise you on this part?
Old 09-21-2006, 10:38 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Starting a New Life

Oh my god. I'm so sorry to hear this. Go and get tested as soon as you can, just to make sure that this isnt going to affect you more than it already has done so. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
Old 09-22-2006, 02:54 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I'm glad you were able to get into the doctor so quickly and get some questions answered. I know how you feel, janit. I had something similar happen. It's things like this that convince me no contact is best. I just don't want to know anymore. I've learned loving someone is separate from doing what is best and right for my serenity.

(((((janit)))))
Old 09-22-2006, 04:53 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Mallow - The kids ages are 29, 22, 19...and the oldest son (29) and his wife does already know. The grandkids of course will not know. It is his story to tell I like that concept and will follow it unless the other 2 kids find out through other means. This is a small town. And where my AXH and his hooch live my kids have friends there and they very well could find out from other sources....if this happens I will remain calm and take it from there.

Denny - Thanks honey. I really really don't want to know anymore of his chaos and crisis anymore. Love will be from a distance and distance only. This is MY bottom emotionally. It's done.

DJ - Thank you sweetie......

(((((hugs to all)))))

Janit
Old 09-22-2006, 05:19 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Janit, so sorry to hear what you are going through. Just know that you did not "make" any of this happen to your husband. It is a result of HIS actions, not yours. Sending big hugs and prayers your way.