I've calmed down a bit ...

Old 09-18-2006, 05:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I've calmed down a bit ...

I realise that I ranted and raved a lot today and I feel a lot better for it but I hope that I haven't offended anyone here in the process. I still haven't decided whether or not to make the break from my A, I still struggle with a lot of stuff and am sure I will for a while to come yet but I admire each of you for loving the A's in your lives the way that you do and yet there is a lot of strength in here for yourselves and for others and it's greatly appreciated that you are so willing to share. I'm sure I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Old 09-18-2006, 01:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ahhhh your so sweet.

Dont worry about venting... BOY can I tie on a good vent, just get me started and Mike might have to lock my thread....

Im glad your feeling better.... just remember you dont have to make a decision today, its better to make a decision when your ready and not in the "emotion" of it all.
Old 09-18-2006, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Venting isn't dead air, it helps to work things out, think things through. Usually by the time we allow ourselves to even consider taking a good hard long look at how the alcohol has taken over, our lid is about to blow. If we hadn't reached our threshold, we wouldn't be such a wreck. Take your time.
Old 09-18-2006, 07:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

The decision whether to end my relationship with my AB didn't come easy or quickly. I mulled it over for nearly a year before I asked him to leave. And during that process, I began to make a financial plan and save as much money as possible so that if and when I decided to leave, I would be ready at any time.

I'm glad I took the time to think things through and that I gave myself time to be emotionally ready for the break, too.
Old 09-19-2006, 03:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

One of the joys of sharing with others who are going through, or have gone through, the same things, is not worrying about offending. Being understood through my rants, crying jags, times of decision and indecision - it all helped me get to where I am today.

Keep posting!