Thank You!!

Old 09-11-2006, 08:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thank You!!

Hello,

I want to say thank you to everyone who reached out to me at the time I needed it the most. All of you gave me such wonderful advice. I haven't posted in a while. I am back in Chicago around family and friends - the people who mean the most in my life.

My ex still calls me and tells me he's in love with the old me, not the person I've become. It's funny because I told him I'm still the same person...never changed. I think he can tell I’m starting to pull away from the whole situation. I’m trying to get on with my life. I can either sit in bed of tears or get on with my life and try to make something of it. I’m too young to let this man wreck what’s left of my assistance. I have a purpose in life and I don’t think being mistreated by a drunk is one of them.

Today he called me to tell me he has type II diabetes and has a growth growing on one of his lungs (probably from all the smoking). There's a big part of me that feels so sad for him, but then there's another part of me that doesn't believe him. He told me he hasn’t had a drink in two months. Do I believe him? NO!!! I swear he called me drunk when he told me the news. I feel is it a ploy to reel me back into his life. I feel really bad thinking this, but what else am I suppose to think. I know he’s an alcoholic. There’s no way he stopped drinking even if he’s sick with diabetes. After what he put me through I’ve made so many comments to myself and to others that I wish the S.O.B. was dead. I didn’t mean it…BELIEVE ME!!! I’m just a girl whose heart and mind have been tormented for many, many years. I am still very much in love with him and I just want him to get help.
Old 09-11-2006, 08:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hey there sweetie.....

Just pray for him, to be honest what else can you do.

I would hate to say that he is not telling truths and to be honest there is no way to find out unless he gives permission for the doctor to release medical information to you.

I once dated a guy that was so good at it that he made up this huge lie about falling down the stairs and some serious injuries while packing to move to where I lived. When I did not believe him he got very "hurt" tears and all and sure enough I went down the guilt/caretaking path.... It was all one huge lie. Dont ask me how he could do that, it boggles my mind even today.

Today there is nothing you can do to help, so dont stress it. I know easier said then done.... Time will let you know what is going on. Ohhhh I had another thought as well...... If its true and he is really ill maybe just maybe this could be his bottom???

Ahhh well, I will say a prayer for both of you!
Old 09-12-2006, 07:00 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Always hopeful...

You do sound strong and directed. Stay on your good path. Let go and let God....