he's gone

Old 03-09-2003, 03:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy he's gone

Well folks, he is gone.
He came over Friday night, and we talked some. He's not wanting to try family counseling with my pastor. We've been talking on the phone, and he said he is so ashamed that he doesn't want to face the kids after being so nasty.
Yesterday, he had the camper hitch put back in his truck, and today he's coming to get the camper to live in. He wants to separate for a while. I'm not sure how I'm going to make it financially.
But here is a spot of good news. I got a job!! Doesn't help at all with my bank account right now....seeing as rent and utilities are due. My last resort is to take out a loan against the title of my car. I hate to have to do that, but I don't have any other options.
He asked me if I'd been to any al anon meetings yet. I do plan on going next Saturday. Then he told me that I wouldn't like him sober. He's been sober several times..going days and days without drinking. I WOULD like him sober. I still love him and I told him so.
He has stopped drinking for now. I hope everything works out somehow.
Cindy

P.S. God has been so good to me this week!
Old 03-09-2003, 05:36 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
JT
Supply Manager

Cindy,

You sound like you are doing well. Pick yourself up and dust yourself off...most of this is out of your control anyway. There are probably some services or funds in your community or church that can help you out in your immediate crisis. Food stamps could be a temporary solution to free up money to pay bills. I did it myself once. Don't be too proud...you can always give back when the time comes.

You are right...God is being good. You have been given an opportunity!

Hugs,
JT
Old 03-09-2003, 06:42 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

thank you, jt

I am going to look into food stamps. I'm going to church this morning and asking for help with bills. I know they can't do much, the church is pretty small.
Ever since my A's last drinking binge, my faith in God has strengthened.He has provided for me, but I feel terrible for asking for some more help with my finances. I'm sooo thankful that I have a new job that pays more than my last one!
It's at a day care, and more good news!!! They are sending me to Early Childhood Development School! And, after three months, I'll get a raise.
I am still waiting to hear from another job that is a lot closer to my house. If that opportunity arises, I'll quit the other one. I'll hate doing that, but I'd like to be closer to home and I'll be home shortly after the kids get home from school. And this job would offer overtime. But first and foremost, I'd need to pray to God that it would be the right decision. My hours now are from 8:30 to 5:30. Don't like that very much.
One more thing..I posted earlier that he'd stopped drinking for now. Boy, was I wrong!! After I went to bed last night, he called and left a message on the answering machine. I could tell he'd been drinking again.
Hugs,
Cindy
Old 03-09-2003, 09:30 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Paused

Cindy
you are being strengthened by your
HP and you are going to make it - one
day at a time ! whether your husband remains
sober or not, your job is taking care of
yourself and your doing it just fine.
try and get to those meetings helping each
other is what its all about
God Bless you
Hugs liddy
Old 03-09-2003, 10:09 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Cindy

It sounds like you are doing all the right things to make your life, and the lives of your children better. One step at a time, you will get where you need to be. I know how hard it is to start over on your own. Hugs and prayers from me to you.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 03-09-2003, 07:16 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Paused

Good for you!!

Cindy,

Congrats on your new job!!! I was so very happy to hear that. It sounds like you are strong, and willing to do whatever it takes to take care of yourself and your children. Feel proud that you are taking these steps...you are setting a good example for your children. And....you will be successful regardless of his drinking or not drinking.

I hope that you enjoy your meeting, let us know how it goes. Once again, you are on the right track!

Mimi
Old 03-10-2003, 12:26 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
No More Mrs. Nice Guy

Cindy,
Congrats on the job and the progress you are making. I hope you can find an Al Anon group that you like... I have said numerous times before that Al Anon saved my life. And as they say in the closing at my meetings, you may find serenity and even happiness whether the alcoholic continues to drink or not.

As for the food stamps, go for it. I remember when I was newly single with 2 small boys that I applied for them too. It was one of my first strong steps in taking care of myself and using the resources available to me instead of HIM.

HUGS. We'll be standing right behind you, loving and encouraging you all the way
Osier59
Old 03-10-2003, 04:09 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Cindy, Great News on you job. I am happy for you taking control of your life. I saw that you mentioned you would check with your Church for help with some bills, that is a great place to start. My Church also has a "pantry" and can contribute to the grocery needs too. Check with yours, they may have a similar thing.

You are making some great strides for yourself. We are all with you keep moving ahead and I will have you in my prayers!

Blessings, Constant