good news..and some bad

Old 09-05-2006, 02:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

good news..and some bad

Just to let you guys know my mom came back at 5am last night. What a relief. well so my mom and dad were supposed to go to some meeting today about how to control my moms drinking and help her stop. It turns out they dont accept our health insurance plan. Places in this screwed up town are pissing me off. first we go to the hospital and she gets turned away cause she wasnt a harm to herslef. and now this. seems like everything we try to do somehow it turns ******. Srry bout the language.. But i guess my dad is gonna try the detox thing at home now and see how it goes. Hes taking a week off and my grandma is coming down tomorrow to help. This is the 6th time we have tried this so lets see if it works. HA as much as i wanna believe and hope she does this. part of me has lost hope and i dont believe she will do anything to change, but im a negative person. I think she wants help but doesnt want to lose her bottle. UGH i dont know. Im all screwed up in emotions. I have hope but then i dont. I feel happy but at the same time depressed. and i feel loved one minute and another like no one cares and everyone hates me. But i cant lose hope this time cause this time it MIGHT work.

Ashley
Old 09-05-2006, 03:01 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You're right Ashley, you can't give up hope. Sounds like you've BTDT too. I know what a disappointment it is when they fail but she's trying again and that says something. I can tell you that I care and that I don't hate you and I'm sure others will come along and tell you the same thing. We're all in this together. Do something nice for yourself today even if it's taking a hot bath. I've had a hard day too, so I'm going to me nice to myself and take a nap. Take Care.
Old 09-05-2006, 03:07 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

There is always hope....

What helps me is knowing that its not personal.... that it is their disease and though I might have to deal with the effects of it at times, that the A in my life is not doing this to hurt me they are just sick is all and I happen to love someone that has a disease.

Hang in there and keep the focus on you, and I agree do something nice just for you
Old 09-05-2006, 03:08 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((Ashley))).yes; seems like it should be easier to get someone help, once they finally decide they are willing to take it. Frustrating, at the very least.

Glad you are here.sending you a hug,too. Hope your mom "gets it" this time.
Please. do something nice for yourself, like blizzard suggested.it really is important! You deserve it,too!
Old 09-05-2006, 03:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks Guys. Ill be sure to do something for myslef soon. Don't know what it will be. but i was wondering...wat does BTDT mean?

Thanks

Take Care All

Ash
Old 09-05-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Also i was thinking...do u think i should tell my mom about this site? I mean i dont want her to know i post on here cause she will freak out on me. but i think it might help her some. I dont know if i should or not. Do you guys think i should?

Ash
Old 09-05-2006, 03:25 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Been there done that.

I think you should do what is the best thing for you to be honest. Your Mom will have to find her recovery and if she is serious about being sober she will probably have alot of support in treatment/theraphy/AA etc...
Old 09-05-2006, 07:29 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for clearing that up Cynay!!

Ash
Old 09-05-2006, 07:30 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

This kind of stuff is so frustrating! I hope something comes through. Thinking of you, Ashley.