If Our Addicts Were Not In Our Life....

Old 03-09-2003, 11:47 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
pat
Paused

Hi all,

I hope it's acceptable to barge in (it's my 1st day here). I love this board and am sorry I haven't discovered it sooner.

My A's are 25yo son and 30yr dghtr. Without them? Say, they just hadn't been born or were on another planet. I wouldn't feel like weeping today because my sone just checked into a rehab--good and bad news as i didn't know he'd returned to abuse.

But, i'd live pretty much the same; after a year of therapy on codependency, it's been my focus to apply the AAnon principles.

I read, walk, work, shop, and am trying to meet some eligible men friends.

This seems like a great place. I'm excited about having found it.

Cheers to all,
Pat
Old 03-09-2003, 12:12 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hey Pat

Welcome to our forum, and please feel free to post on any thread you like, or feel free to start one about any issue close to you.
Read the "sticky" posts at the top of the Al-Anona and Nar-Anon boards, and take a read around. You will find that you are among friends here - the best friends that money can't buy.
Old 03-09-2003, 04:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I would make and follow through on plans. Like vacations and seeing my family that doesn't drink. It would be so great to plan on doing things without having to worry about if he's going to be sober, or if there will be money or if he will be too hung over.

That's what bothers me alot. The not being able to count on him to take part in things. All that uncertainty about if I'll have to go alone and just how shaky and sick he'll be. It kind of kills the fun when he's having withdrawls during a family gathering.
Old 03-09-2003, 11:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Paused

i wish i could get dressed up and go dancing but he would be here waiting to do no telling what.. and i just cant handle that.. i wouldnt even want to come home with him here. my kids want me to love him.. they are so upset that i cant talk to him. i just cant.. he has just hurt me so much this time,,, there is no trust,, there is nothing.. i just want to leave so bad... he told me i could anytime,,, no icant,,, you have to have money plus this is my grandparents house,,, i cant leave... he needs to leave but he wont.. and i guess i dont want to go through all the cops thing right now with him going to have to go through another surgery again yada, yada, yada,, quack, quack.. but anyway someday there will be happiness i just know it.. if i lived by myself i would be the happiest person in the world.. its sad, but i dont even want to see my kids or grandkids right now.. now that is sad.. gosh... that is not me at all.. and i will be seeing them in the next 2 weeks during spring break.. well i will put on my fake face.. and go on...
Old 03-13-2003, 12:22 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I would have to ride along on the shuttle to see if they were okay.
I wouldn't sit by the phone waiting on it to ring. I would feel less oppressed (which I bring on myself). I would be bored at first, then I would figure out what to do with myself. I would learn more about astronomy and see more historic sites. This is a great subject, to realize we can all do all this things with or without the alcoholic present. Wow. Thank you for such an eye opening idea for me.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:15 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Hey, I want to go to Istanbul too!!!
I want to go every where except on that shuttle to check them out!
But I do want to parachute and all those crazy things.
And I like being single.
I've got guys trying to attach themselves to me all the time and I just think "You wish"

i AM GOOD AT HAVING FUN. eXPLORING, ADVENTURING. lEARNING.

love BEING IN OTHER CULTURES.

rEADY. sET. gO!
LIVE