News!

Old 03-05-2003, 04:49 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

News!

It has been over 2 month since I left my bf. And life has been great! SERENITY! I got a call last night, I should say a message and he wants to get back with me. Hmmmmmmok! Now those are words I wanted to hear so bad a few weeks ago but you know something "funny" happens when I got "well" meaning detached. Those words don't mean as much to me. Now he says, "ok we get back together but there are certain conditions" RIGHT! I have certain conditions IF I go back. Right now I am staying strong with what I am doing, meaning taking care of myself. Am I going back? No! not now. Will I go back ever? I am not sure because I do love him. Things would have to change big time, meaning my conditions would have to be obeyed by him if he truly wants us to have a healthy relationship. My HP is with me all the way and in him I trust. Just thought I give you all an update on my days of my life lol:-)
Old 03-05-2003, 07:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Prettywoman!!!!!! Boy, are you a picture of strength in recovery or what???????????....

I am proud, proud, proud, PROUD of you! Stick to your guns, gal! Keep doing what is best for you.

And don't you just love it when the guy says, "Oh, I'll do YOU a favor and take YOU back, but only with certain conditions"????????

Uh, excuse me...........

Can we say "Alcoholic Stinkin'Thinkin"?....
Old 03-05-2003, 08:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

Hiya

Thank you for your reply to my post. YES I AGREE! It is very difficult because loving him and wanting him here with me are strong feelings to fight at the same time I know what is best for me right now. I refuse to live with anyone that is going to abuse me! That is what has kept me strong! Comming here, reading all this horrible stuff people go through has kept me strong as well as going to AlAnon. One day at a time is truly a miracle and YES! It is so true, once I made the changes within me, everything else is going great. Huggs n Love to all
Old 03-05-2003, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Prettywoman - ditto to Hangin' In's reply. Ahhh, serenity - it can never be over-rated! Sounds like you're doing great. Also, I read that you are having twins - WOW! Double the joy! Stay strong and look after you and your babies.

Love and hugs.
Old 03-05-2003, 04:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Prettywoman,

At the risk of sounding like every low-rider wearin', urbane, crop-top sportin', teen-angster...YOU GO GIRL!! I'm glad to hear that you are doing so well. One of my "ah-ha" moments came when I finally realized that there was a big payoff to the whole idea of "taking care of myself". Keep up the good work and thanks for the encouraging post. Anons need to hear about "life on the other side".
Peace,
Gabe
Old 03-05-2003, 05:09 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Prettywoman

Through working our program we learn how to detach and remove ourselves from the chaos. We have been so emeshed in "their" problem, that it has been a long time since we really thought about our own needs.

And once we get off the roller coaster and step outside the fairgrounds, we get our balance and can think much more clearly about what is right for US.

Give yourself a great big hug and know that it gets even better as we go.