Help from an Alcoholic Friend of mine

Old 08-23-2006, 02:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Help from an Alcoholic Friend of mine

A friend of mine has been staying with my H and I . She is on disability she has all kinds of health problems. She does like to get drunk...I admit I have enabled her which I do not feel very good about. Several weeks ago she got her check and wanted to run some errands one of the errands being a stop by the liquor store...I gave a good codie speach about she did not need to get drunk her health blah blah...she got pi$$ed and said let me out of the car I'll walk to the liquor store and sleep behind a building. Of course I caved in and took her. I decided what the hell my H was binging on crack....

Anyway we got home and she started drinking just as soon as we hit the door... My H came in high as a kite so I decided to leave the two of them to fend for themselves. My friend gets sooooooo wasted I figured it would be good for them both to hang out together....HAAAAAAAA HAAAAAAA I cackeled my best wicked witch of the west cackel as I screacthed out of the driveway. I stayed gone for a few days and returned to two very hung over individuals who were complaining about eachother how the other gets too F-ed up blah blah..ect....

My H tried to asked some fill in the blank questions about where I had been which I ignored cause they weren't direct questions. He kept telling me how maybe I needed to talk to our friend about her drinking, you better go check on her I think she might be dead, you know she drank a whole gallon of liquor.. he was glad he wasn't that bad blah blah...I said yea right you talk to her...you check her, now you know how I feel everyday...

Well they have both been straight since.
Old 08-23-2006, 02:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Can the friend stay else where? Is it ur responsibility to take care of her?

Im glad ur here to share so you dont have to be alone in whats going on at home. Its nice to know others will be along shortly to share some ESH with you. And u will be in good company here. Thanks for sharing.
Old 08-23-2006, 03:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Well they have both been straight since.
The above is my main point...My H has been binging on crack almost everyday for over a year. This 3 week break from that has been great!!!
Old 08-23-2006, 04:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, wow and more wow. You've got it going, girl!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:04 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

It is kinda strange around here with nobody getting high.... ha HA! I'm like it...

If I had known sooner that putting the both of them together while they binged would yeild this screaching halt to their using I would have done it years ago..

They were pretty uncivil to eachother for several days then they both realized they were looking in the mirror while they critisized eachothers ways of acting while high...I was ROFLMAO the whole time that went on...
Old 08-23-2006, 05:23 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
ICU

Originally Posted by splendra
They were pretty uncivil to eachother for several days then they both realized they were looking in the mirror while they critisized eachothers ways of acting while high...I was ROFLMAO the whole time that went on...
Being the 'serious minded person' that I usually am, I intially thought "how sad". But then my 'sense of humor' side kicked in, now I'm joining you while ROFLMAO!!!! But it really is sad....in a funny kind of way!
Old 08-23-2006, 05:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

It was really sad the way they have both binged, binged,binged binged to the point of their lives being in danger, their finanices in absolute ruins, their children turning their backs on them,no drivers license,no insurance and me ready to kick both of them to the curb...my H was really on my last nerve and I was ready to take out a loan to get him out of my life if I had to.

We had not been speaking to one another for a while except for me to say: Oh what are you still doing here?

Yea it is sad that they had to have this very very rude awaking to get a hold of themselves. But both of them look 100% better. My H actually talked to one of his creditors the other day. I almost fainted....

My H has had a $100 a day habit for close to 20 years with a coulpe of small breaks in between. I think they are both lucky that they did not know me back when I used to drink tequillia and snort meth amp.
Old 08-24-2006, 06:23 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

It is kinda strange around here with nobody getting high
HAHA! Isnt that the truth!
Interesting to see how the dynamic of your hubby cahnged as soon as he saw someone else abusing a substance....

I think they are both lucky that they did not know me back when I used to drink tequillia and snort meth amp.
I used to tell the ex the same thing...

Your hangin in and its always good to hear from you Splen...