She may be using again

Old 03-04-2003, 09:33 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Paused

Unhappy She may be using again

Helllo you all !! For those of you who doesn´t remember me let me tell you my story. My mom´s an A, she went to rehab and has been clean for almost 1 yr and a half (or so i thought).
This morning while washing her clothes there was a bag of cocaine in one of her pants. She doesn´t live with me, she lives alone and she brings her things home to get them clean.
I don´t really know how i´m feeling, i´m confused, scared, sad. I have already called her psyq. and he told me to wait untill he talks to her tomorrow to see how im going to act. It´s strange u know because i hadn´t notice anything untill today. I mean a month ago i gaver her some money to pay something and she didn´t. I found it out and when i asked her said that she had lost it. And you know what? I believed her. How could i be more stupid? She´s squizoprhenic too so she has dual diagnosis. She takes anti - psicotics so i´m terrible scare that she can get very ill. I really believe that if she´s really using again it must have been recently 1 month ago or something like that.
I´ve ask the Lord for strength but i feel i´m going to fall apart in any moment. I have nobody to talk abouit it and i don´t want to untill i'm sure.

She´s on the phone right now. It´s hard to act like Judas but i guess its the best now.

Thanks i hope everything turns out ok.
Old 03-04-2003, 12:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You must feel very hurt and frustrated

right now. You have a lot to deal with, since you Mom seems to have multiple problems. I hope you can get over feeling like Judas. You aren't betraying your Mom, you're trying to help her. Come to this board and vent anytime. There are a lot of caring and understanding people here.
Peace,
Gabe
Old 03-04-2003, 06:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Paused

((((agos))))
I'm sure you did the right thing to
help your mom. The good thing is
she sees someone about her problems.
remember, this is not your fault nor
your mom's she has an illness.Your
mom has also been in recovery and I
hear that once she has had that she
will never have the pleasure she once
had by using.
If you havent been to alanon please try
one as it can realy be a help, it has
saved my own sanity with two of my adult
children, one with duo diagnostic like your
mom.

Keep coming back
we care and have all been there

God Bless
liddy
Old 03-04-2003, 07:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Agos

I know this must be very frightening and frustrating for you, and I don't think you have betrayed her at all. With her dual diagnosis I think that this was the right thing to do and if it were me, I probably would have done the same thing.

Now is a good time to get focused on your own recovery. Read as much as you can and try to get to a meeting. I promise it will help you more than you know.

Sometimes we CAN help, and you are doing that, but most of the time we just have to let go and let God.

My prayers go out for both of you.
Old 03-05-2003, 09:25 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Paused

Ine slogan that really helps me through hard times, like you are experiancing is, "let go and let God". Draw on strength from your higher power, get to some meetings, and keep posting. Remember that you can do nothing about her using. I know it must be so hard when youthought she was doing so well, but hang in there!