Alkie in recovery with AH

Old 08-19-2006, 09:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Alkie in recovery with AH

Hi there! I am concentrating on my own battle with alcoholism so I really hadnt been checking out the friends & family that much.

I for the past couple of day have been lurking to see how maybe my behavior has affected people that I love.

I am sober two glorious months and now I can state that I have an AH as well. I am not working on him I am working on me. However, I want to introduce myself here because at some point I may need ya'lls experience.

I love my H but we have had one tumultous relationship. Met in a bar, got pg shortly therafter yada yada yada.

We have two of the most beautiful girls you have ever laid eyes on. However, if we can not work on us, they will be the ones to suffer.

I could go on forever about me and him and how we affect each other and our children, but I will save something for the future. When I was still drinking it was a negative and a negative and unlike algebra it DID NOT make a positive.

Like the rest of the people here at SR I am soo very pleased to be getting such wonderful support and guidance. You all seem like a lovely bunch.
Thanks for letting me share,
Star
Old 08-20-2006, 06:00 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Star; I so glad you have joined us! And congratulations on your sobriety!!!

I'm still kind of groggy and don't really have alot to say right now,but I wanted to say hello and welcome you. Hope you'll be here often and I look forward to getting to know you!
Old 08-20-2006, 06:02 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Good Morning and welcome.
Old 08-20-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Welcome Star, and congrats on your sobriety!