Co-Dependent No More

Old 08-19-2006, 04:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Co-Dependent No More

After posting eariler today I needed to get myself together "again", for the past year I've tried to read my copy of Co-Dependent No More,
key word: tried. Due to depression etc. I never finished the book or spot read sections.

Today I was told to do something for myself - earlier thread.

So I went to the book store, there on the shelf was one set (only) of Co-Dependent No More on CD. How sweet that was, now I can just listen and don't have to stuggle to finish one single page.

Now if they would just put Alanon on CD - do you think that's just hoping to much (LOL).

Old 08-19-2006, 04:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

What a good idea!
Old 08-19-2006, 04:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One Day At A Time

Yep - I sometimes have a hard time reading - I have "the Power of Now" or whatever it is called on CD..and I get Books on tape from the library..I think lack of focus is one of the symptoms of depression, just cant follow thru on anything..I have also got books on tape..I like the unabridged ones...I had to sign up as "disabled" but had no problem - so I have all the access to the books on tape for the blind..Really excellent contemporary books too - I am in Canada tho - some places don't fund that kind of stuff...
You never know about Alanon- they Have the AA Big Book on tapes or CD - You should check into it

xo Janni (one who relates)
Old 08-19-2006, 05:49 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Not a bad place to be....

I really know how you feel. Sometimes when there are too many things going on inside my head, I could read one page 50 times and still not hear what it's saying. I'm a better listener too than a reader.
Old 08-20-2006, 07:17 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

great idea. It was waiting just for you!!!
Old 08-20-2006, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Have you tried http://www.elmoware.com/ and/or

http://www.xa-speakers.org/

Great sites with (free!) AA and Alanon speaker tapes of all kinds. Other good links,too.

Thanks for the tips about the books on tape/CD....I had forgotten that option! (My depression makes me fall asleep when I read!!)
Old 08-20-2006, 12:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thats great idea... its funny coincidence becaues my grilfriend was reading it curious to what it was about next to me, and I asked her to read it aloud. I really enjoyed that, so I was thikning either I'll ask her to read a chapter outloud maybe every night or I'll have to get one of those audio CD's! But I rather girlfriend read it outloud hahaa, so I think I'll do that too.
Old 08-20-2006, 01:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

It would be a great book to do a group book study on. Discuss things and really get in depth with it. All of us have at least some codependent behaviours!