ASpouse you're obviously a very strong woman

Old 08-19-2006, 07:58 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Blizzard.thanks for shring more about yourself; it's nice to know a littler more about the fine friends here at SR!

I also hopoe that Judy is just taking a breather. I am sure she has a lot on her plate now (as we know, she was just out in my "neighborhood" to pick up her dog last week plus her own family and life...). She has been very helpful to me,too. Many times what she has said will stay with me for awhile and it might be a while until they "click"...but eventually they do! That's the best part!!! And the advice is good.
Selfishly: I'd miss it very much!!
Old 08-19-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

blizzard - i took your post as sharing that you found judy's words inspirational and that you wanted "some of what she has" recovery-wise.

i try to sift thru posts and get to the real "meat" of what is being offered - not HOW it's being offered. we all have different styles and that's what make us unique - we all still have something to offer others here if we will just "take off the blinders" we can learn much from newbies and vets alike.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:30 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

So shoot me....but if you are going to dish it out, you need to be able to take it.
I will always vote for compassion.
But....I am not always the voice of tact. As witnessed herein.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:46 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I've had to take it from Aspouse before... but it was very well needed. We all need to hear these things ... do you think our loved ones have the nerve to tell us like it is, not always. I would miss aspouse if she didn't post here anymore.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:57 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I've taken it from Judy ALOT !!!!!!!!!!!

But Judy, I still love you You are still a good friend to me. You, and quite a few others, have helped me in more ways than I can possibly say.

So she's blunt......I need that sometimes. I might not like it....but hey, her bluntness is actually teaching me to stand up for myself.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:01 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Anyone having contact with ASpouse Please tell her for me "Come back Please ! It won't be the same without you !
We need beloved old timers to keep the family together, IMO.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:05 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Zoey, I have been in contact with her this morning. I think she is
serious about this.
Instead of those of us that appreciate her responding, I would be
more interested in knowing how many are happy that she has made
this choice. I think those that appreciate her would far out weigh
those that don't.
Old 08-19-2006, 09:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I must have really missed something.

To the person who started this thread (can't remember the name), yes, Judy is a wonderful, kind person. And she has absolutely been where you have been, where we all have been. She's funny and caring but even she needs help from time to time, as we all do!

I truly hope Judy isn't leaving the board. I've never read something from her that offended me. Sure, when I first came I got a bit unnerved at first.....but that's just because she was one of the first (not the only one, lots of you here...,minnie, patty, sarah, etc) who didn't just sit around with me and say, "oh I can't believe that, poor you and you do so much for him....." You see, before this place, I never realized MY part in this big huge mess. I didn't know I was just as sick. And when I first heard it, it was offensive.....but when I started to realize it was true, it wasn't offensive anymore. But that is "us" not Judy or anyone else trying to pull someone out of what I just describe.

I don't get who thinks what really, Judy is one of the nicest people here....for having never talked to her outside of here or having never met her, I still feel very cared about by her.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:13 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Glad to see you here Judy!

Why dont you go over to the Wedding thread and give me some advise hon.

Im still struggling.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:51 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Somehow ...

This post got to talking about me ........ none of this is about me, it's about recovery, what I see very little of here.

I'm tired of the sadness, I'm tired of the sickness, it's something I am having a problem accepting. It may seem to some that I am running away from it, I'm not. I do not need it in my life, it keeps me stuck where I am and I no longer choose to be stuck.

It never was and never will be my intent to hurt anyone with my words. Believe me, I can fatally wound with my words, something I am well aware of which I do not do here, you'll all just have to take my word for it I'm afraid.

I have asked Mike and CarolD to permanently remove me from the boards. Obviously they have not done that yet. It is nothing that anyone said to me or implied. I like to think I have a thicker skin than that.

I cannot coddle and sugarcoat.

Although it irritates me to see people give a big "fanfare" when they are leaving an internet discussion board, somehow this has happened here, it embarrasses me and it irritates me. I do not deserve fanfare and words to ask me to stay. This was my choice and not one single person here caused it.

I wish you all happiness, nothing but clear skies and sunshine and although many of you will not believe this, happiness, clear skies and sunshine are right within your reach, just open your eyes and look for it, get out of the fog, reach for the stars and it's right there for the taking!

And although I know it irritates many of you, I suggest this thread be locked. There is nothing more to say.
Old 08-19-2006, 11:54 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

love ya!