time for a tune up...

Old 08-16-2006, 08:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

time for a tune up...

Just to compliment all of you on this forum....
Everyonce in a while I call my counselor who is the "pro" in substance abuse for a tune up...
well I e-mailed her yesterday and only in a line or two she can tell where I am at. The following is her reply to me which makes me sooo proud to be here because youse guys (midwest lingo) have been saying this all along through the threads.
This is my confort and assures me that this is the best place ever!
Thanks to you guys

I find myself not calling my conselor as much. Guess I'm in some sort of recovery from being here...

Her reply to my e-mail:Ok, the ‘pro’ says us human beings are famous for hanging out in situations that make us very unhappy. I think our ‘programming’ (old tapes) counteracts our perfectly good instincts and we keep thinking ‘it’ll get better … he’ll come around … I still love him’ etc. and stuff like ‘what will others say?’ comes in there too.

But then I have never found that figuring out ‘why’ results in change. Change seems to come from ‘hitting bottom’, from pain. Another thing us humans are famous for.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes - I am waiting for a referral for a new counselor myself. Can't wait to find a good one.
Old 08-16-2006, 05:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Karen did you think we all were just making this stuff
up as we went along........
Old 08-16-2006, 05:10 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

LOL..................be nice! I did not have that much of an imagination. I am not that creative! AND....my counselor said much the same to me only differently.....because we may share similar dilemnas, but we are all...and I LOVE THIS!.....unique!