Bad news tonight

Old 08-15-2006, 02:10 PM
  # 81 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jazzman
One would think it's a slam dunk case now.. Knowing her Mother, she’ll try for a committal again.

The legal system sure can get twisted-up in itself, but I 'd have to agree......each and every one of those things should have been enough on their own,IMHO. Maybe it is because she doesn't have insurance, or someone trying to "protect her right to destroy herself"...God only knows..........

Anyways, continuing to keep you all in my prayers. The good news is she is able to leave the hospital;so is the bad news.

How are the kids doing?--oopps.see you already answered that. How old are they?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:47 PM
  # 82 (permalink)  

((jazz)) - you are such a great example of detaching with compassion! i'm sorry to hear that she has been released and is "on her own" again. please know i am continuing to pray for all of you!!
Old 08-15-2006, 03:36 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Originally Posted by Pick-a-name
How old are they?
Well, it's complicated.. LOL! As if nothing else is..
Mine are 20 and 13, Hers are 18, 17 and 12 (only girl). My kids were ready for her to move out when she did because lets' face it, she wasn't the most pleasant person to live with. Hers live with their Father full time and have done the "no contact" thing for just over a year. Those kids have been through the grinder and are doing about as well one would expect, for being future ACOAs.
Painful stuff like this is kept close to the chest for their sake. My kids chat w/ hers a lot so they don't know either.
All in all, the family is expecting to gather at her funeral sometime in the near future. I think they have all accepted it's out of everyones hands.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:38 PM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Jazz,

It is wonderful to see your compassion and your ability to retain the loving memories while detaching from the current pain. Like Cynay, I hope to get there too when I am hurting less. Love doesn't die because other things were more powerful.

thanks jazz
gf
Old 08-15-2006, 05:45 PM
  # 85 (permalink)  

Well, it's complicated.. LOL! As if nothing else is..
Mine are 20 and 13, Hers are 18, 17 and 12 (only girl). My kids were ready for her to move out when she did because lets' face it, she wasn't the most pleasant person to live with. Hers live with their Father full time and have done the "no contact" thing for just over a year. Those kids have been through the grinder and are doing about as well one would expect, for being future ACOAs.
Painful stuff like this is kept close to the chest for their sake. My kids chat w/ hers a lot so they don't know either.
All in all, the family is expecting to gather at her funeral sometime in the near future. I think they have all accepted it's out of everyones hands.

I just wondered how they wouldn't know that something is going on. My kids (18y and 24y) always insist on knowing what is going on;good or bad news. I'm like that myself. I understand how it's nice to shield them, but eventually it DOES come out. We've had problems in past when it does (other family members spare the bad news and then announce after the fact. There have been a lot of trust issues,so that is just what works best for my kids and me.) The ones not there and going NC, I understand. Just thought the others would pick-up on things if they are living with you. I know how much as parents we want to spare them as much of this as possible. Sad for anyone but especially for kids to go through with their parent.

(wasn't she the mother that did not call her children on their birthday recently?)
Prayers and hugs going out to you ALL!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:02 PM
  # 86 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Seems like all this would be enough to have her committed. I really hope that she gets the help she needs. My FIL got the "stop drinking or die" from the doc not long before I divorced. He was hospitalized due to internal hemmoraging (sp?) that he didn't realize he even had. He had lost half of his blood supply! He's been sober and taking advantage of this second chance at life ever since. This has been sober for about 3 months now. He's the healthiest and happiest I've ever seen and he has no desire whatsoever to ever go back to the bottle. I really hope the same for Mel. My FIL's recovery has truly been a Godsend.
Old 08-15-2006, 07:08 PM
  # 87 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Jazz, sending much love your way and prayers that Mel will get the help she so badly needs.
Old 08-16-2006, 08:43 AM
  # 88 (permalink)  

I'm sending good thoughts, Jazz.

Marte
Old 08-16-2006, 11:53 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  

Wow Jazz.... I'm sorry to hear this. I would have responded sooner, but just got back last night from California.
Old 08-16-2006, 12:18 PM
  # 90 (permalink)  

wow, what depressing news. I am sorry to hear it.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:08 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Jazz,
Just wanted to let you know that I care and that I'll be thinking of you and her, during this very scary time. I hope that all ends well.
Old 08-19-2006, 08:01 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jazz, Just sending a note to let you know that you are all in my thoughts and prayers. I'm glad you have found that inner place for comfort. Thank you for sharing where your recovery has taken you; it brings such hope to all.
Lots of positive thoughts and prayers for healing.
Old 08-21-2006, 06:21 PM
  # 93 (permalink)  
Wipe your paws elsewhere!

Jazzy, dear, how you doing today? And how about Mel?
Old 08-21-2006, 08:52 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Awe thanks Jill. I did get one update, MIL is a retired RN and pulled a favor from a top Neurologist friend. The CT scans do show an inoperable mass in her brain. That's all I have.

Hope you're feeling better.
Old 08-21-2006, 09:04 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  

Jazz, you and Mel are in my prayers. Every day.

Mike
Old 08-22-2006, 02:25 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

That's rough sir.

I'm thinking of you and yours
Old 08-22-2006, 04:04 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  

I'm sorry that it's not looking good Jazz. I think you are a shining example of how to cope round here!
Old 08-22-2006, 07:01 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  

Jazz;wish the news was better. Keeping you and all your family in my prayers.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:02 AM
  # 99 (permalink)  

Hi Jazz!!! I haven't been along in quite some time, but I decided to stop by today. I'm glad I did because you are one of several of my favorite people here, . I'm sorry to hear that this happened, and my thoughts are with you today.
Old 08-22-2006, 08:48 AM
  # 100 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

Her kids don't know about this and neither do mine. They have been through enough already and I'm very protective of what the kids hear.
((((Jazz))))

I am very sorry to here about Mel.

I put that quote up there by yu because my dad died when I was 22 years old and I would have been really angry if I had not known he was sick and all of a sudden he was in the hospital dying. My dad did not live long after his diagnoses he went down really fast and I am glad I at least had the truth...