Intervention on Sunday nights

Old 08-13-2006, 10:58 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Intervention on Sunday nights

Do ya'all still watch "Intervention" on the A&E network?

They have new ones now and not re-runs. I watch it faithfully every Sunday night.

http://www.aetv.com/listings/episode...iringid=181089

Pretty powerful show.
Old 08-13-2006, 11:03 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I watch it when I remember it being on..Sounds like an
interesting one tonight "Betsy."
Thanks for the reminder GF
Old 08-14-2006, 05:20 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

That was a sad tonight. I think its the first one I have seen where the addict did not make it to rehab. Sad, she seemed to be such a beautiful person with so much promise.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:40 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I watched it last night to and for the first time last week. It's was pretty sad. It also sad to see it played out on the screen right in front of you. How they act and the famaily and friends act. Some of it could be me or my life.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:48 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

I watched it too. Betsys BF isn't doing her any favors. She's too deep in denial and w/ an enabling BF the cards are stacked against her. Hit pretty close to home. I wish her luck.
Old 08-14-2006, 06:55 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I saw it for the first time last night. And found it very interesting and informative.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Even though GF reminded me I completely forgot to watch it!
Oh well next week.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:14 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hit close to home for me too Jazz. Similar to my own experience. The BF, in my opinion, played a strong role in keeping her from going to treatment.

But in the end, it was her choice.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:33 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Think how the poor family feels? They have known her all her life and this BF that she has known for a few weeks is throwing a monkey wrench in their intervention plans. Man... But it IS her choice to be sure.

As soon as she got pissy at the cameras in between flights I knew she was going to back out. She probably would have even if her BF wasn't on the trip.

If they live in Annapolis one of the best centers is right there in Havre de Grace MD. Shame they didn't try that one. I wonder if Intervention has their own "favored" centers?
Old 08-14-2006, 07:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Good question. I have wondered who helps pay for these interventions....the shows sponsers, the rehab center themselves since it has to be good advertisement.

Lets face it, they are out to make a profit.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:09 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

Ive heard that people with higher relapse risk and those alcoholics in the advanced or deginerative stages do better in treatment that is not close in proximity to their home. Something about getting away from home and their comfort zones..

Last night was sad. I hope her family can stick to their guns this time.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:10 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

I do notice that each week it seems to be a different treatment center that is used so possibly they exchange profession services for the endorsement by the show by sending the person there.

Struck close to home for me,too. We had an intervention for AH and he didn't go. None of his family would participate in it......... (His dad talked to him,although he has his own alcohol/Rx issues, but suggested he at least seek psychiatric help.)
Old 08-14-2006, 09:18 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

saw last few mins of last nights episode.

Geesh, Id like to drop kick those producers for agreeing to let the boyfriend fly her to treatment. He F*D it up, imo, cus he gave in to her insanity and enabled her big time.

It was so painful to see her alcoholic thinking in full action. I can hardly stomach that show anymore cus Im living it in real life and too much is too much.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:20 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

ps..if ya ;ll saw it last night, you might have recognized the woman with short dirty blonde hair and slight acne as being the woman that Dr Phil intervened on last year. She was a nurse who is an addict and she went on his show for a prime time interview, he blasted her and got her into treatment.

Now, she was trying to give back it seems....nice!
Old 08-14-2006, 09:30 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by FriendofBill
ps..if ya ;ll saw it last night, you might have recognized the woman with short dirty blonde hair and slight acne as being the woman that Dr Phil intervened on last year. She was a nurse who is an addict and she went on his show for a prime time interview, he blasted her and got her into treatment.

Now, she was trying to give back it seems....nice!

One of her sisters? Only blondish women I can remember....
Old 08-14-2006, 09:39 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

She certainly found herself an A-1 enabler (no pun intended)!! He is an A that she had known 2 weeks (he had been sober 13 days), but she didn't want to lose him--UGH!! Why do I ever doubt that the active A is INSANE--capable of doing anything and able to justify everything??
Old 08-14-2006, 09:51 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by slshuman
She certainly found herself an A-1 enabler (no pun intended)!! He is an A that she had known 2 weeks (he had been sober 13 days), but she didn't want to lose him--UGH!! Why do I ever doubt that the active A is INSANE--capable of doing anything and able to justify everything??

Yes.I thought,thanks for the reality check about AH and his crazy actions and thinking out there "having fun".

I love to watch the show and see how my "quack-detector" is improving! It is sad,though and I see how strong addiction and denial really are when I am not emotionally attached and don't take it as a personal rejection.
Old 08-14-2006, 09:51 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Acting not reacting

I think he had actully been sober 36 days, but clearly he was not able to help her. The blurb they put up about the brain atrophying after years of alcohol abuse was a good reminder for me. When I start thinking things like, "he is sick, he didnt mean it, he isnt like that when he is sober".

I too would have thought the producers would have said no to her boyfriend going with her...clearly a dangerous decision.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:20 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Yes I agree you could see that the boyfriend was hanging on by a thread himself! 30 days sober,come on. She latched onto him hard and used it till the end. It sicken me to see how close she was to getting help and you could almost see the healthy part or her tring to come to the surface and get help. But,it lost out again as we've seen.
My opion the BF was all to blame for her not getting help. They use have hired someone to throw a bag over his head and take him off when he dropped her there!
Old 08-14-2006, 10:31 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dan1958
My opion the BF was all to blame for her not getting help.
I don't know dan, isn't that like me blaming AH for me not getting help? I'd like to blame the boyfriend, but I can't. They've known each other 2 weeks. Her family has known her for over 40 years. She chose the enabler of 2 weeks.