Intervention on Sunday nights

Old 08-14-2006, 10:37 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Maybe so but at least he should have been an important part in the intervention. And if he really cared for her should have acted differently. Im the interventionist didnt even blink when they all agreed to send her off with him. Bad move. just my opion, The intervention was the last chance and it seems that the BF was a detail over looked.
Old 08-14-2006, 10:55 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dan1958
Maybe so but at least he should have been an important part in the intervention. And if he really cared for her should have acted differently. Im the interventionist didnt even blink when they all agreed to send her off with him. Bad move. just my opion, The intervention was the last chance and it seems that the BF was a detail over looked.

Probably just an enabler who came along when they each needed one....very sad. Probably the family never knew about him until they got there to do the intervention. Ours took several weeks to co-ordinate,etc.

He obviously was not SOBER. dry maybe but if he was sober he wouldn't be helping her not get well, nor would he be starting a new relationship, with an active A, at 36 days dry. JMO
Old 08-14-2006, 10:59 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Can you imagine being the BF? She brings him in to meet the family during a friggen intervention? Of course, they all look at him w/ disgust....

Hi Mr. & Mrs. (Betsys Mom & Dad)! My name is mud.... how about them Redskins huh? So.... you guys do this often?

*Jazz shakes head*
Old 08-14-2006, 11:00 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

no I do agree with you about him. And by some of the looks that from the family members that the interventionist even made comments about to her sister. Looks like he was just bad timing! away
Old 08-14-2006, 02:48 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Whoa! That WAS a sad show last night. I've been watching it every Sunday night for over a year and that's the first time that someone never made it to rehab and/or atleast tried.

For those whom haven't seen it before last night, there is hope Alot of times, the addict (and the addictions vary, too. One girl was a "chew-er and spit-ter. Where she'd chew her food, but then spit it out in a cup....yuck! Another form of anorexia) will go to treatment at a far away place and get the help they need and will stay sober as of the time of the airing. That's always good to see.

But, yeah, the bf just enabled her to pieces for his own needs. Totally co-dependent. It reminded me of me when I'd hold my xabf while he'd try to sleep and be having the sweats and twitches. Then, I'd leave after he fell to sleep. I am SO glad that I'm not there anymore. Cuz we were both just hanging onto each other in a sick way because of my need to mother and be needed and him because of his alcoholism.

I didn't really understand that, though, when the sister was almost asked to leave by the intervention guy........was she making faces at the bf?

I like that guy......the one on last night's show...the intervention guy. They've had a few on there and I like him the most because he's straight forward and just tells it like it is.

I don't think I've ever seen an active alcoholic that was so up and down like she was last night. Beautiful girl, but sleeping naked on the floor by the liquor store counter and her house was a mess........her wanting to hit her sisters. Constant crying and hysteria. She was way into her alcoholism.

Stay tuned for next weeks. Hopefully, the ending will be better.
Old 08-14-2006, 07:36 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

was the first time i saw it,and i must confess my original feelings was she really pissed me off. maybe because she reminded me sooooooo much of my sister......witht the excuses,attitude,etc....my sister once almost took a swing at me when i was pregnant,i was thrown out of her house-dont know how many times............that was all over twenty-five years ago,and shes still at it. it hurts cuz all of us--but more so her kids and husband have to watch her live a miserable poor me life,and die this slow death. (she looks just horrible)
Old 08-14-2006, 08:01 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Paused

I could relate to her as far as the drinking part goes. She functioned better than I did though, but I never got that easily agitated. I actually drank more than her, but still wondered how she could pull herself together and not drink for a few days without going through days of withdrawals. I could really relate to instantly turning to a drink at every excuse I could come up with. It was always going to be just a sip, then it was gone. Nobody understands me...I used the same line. I cringe where I hear those words today in a drunken manner.

In my opinion Jeff used the boyfriend as a bargaining tool because she made it clear she would not go period. I think he felt the only way to save her was have the bf fly with her.
Old 08-14-2006, 08:45 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by 2dayzmuse
In my opinion Jeff used the boyfriend as a bargaining tool because she made it clear she would not go period. I think he felt the only way to save her was have the bf fly with her.

I agree. In fact, didn't he and the one man specifiaclly try to get the bf to leave and also not interfere just before they started the intervention? I was surprised that the bf was anywhere around. It's a shame.actually for both of them.