SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Fitness, Health, and Nutrition (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/)
-   -   Road to Spring 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/444279-road-spring-2020-a.html)

Mango212 01-31-2020 05:30 AM

Hafa Adai!

Yoga, meditation, light weights and running stairs.

Magic of life. Glad to be alive.

Ringo123 01-31-2020 09:42 AM

Greetings all,

Slowly get into a "retirement" fitness routine. I depended too much on work for the structure it gave for clean meals and regular exercise (since civilians were allowed to exercise 3x a week, 1 hr that could be tacked onto a 30 min lunch period). No longer having the built-in structure for food/exercise, I really was lost for a couple, three weeks. Back into some structure and some spontaneity.

Biked to my Food Bank "job" yesterday. Biking today to Zumba. Also walk the dog twice a day if not raining (which doesn't happen often). Lady is digging it.

Midwest1981 01-31-2020 01:50 PM

Ringo- I am really glad you are adjusting but also leaving some wiggle room! ;)

step aerobics was fun....then this afternoon I did abs, arms, and legs.

Purplrks3647 01-31-2020 06:00 PM

Boot Camp in the water sounds very interesting!

30 minute Shaun T video....mostly standing abs with hand weights and floor exercises towards the end.

Midwest1981 02-01-2020 01:00 PM

Purp- it was interesting. The instructor had different stations set up all over the pool and you just run the circuit as many times as you can during the time allocated. Like going up and down the pool steps, doing tricep dips, push ups, chin ups, pull ups, etc. All of this was done in the water. great job on the exercise video!!

30 minutes elliptical, 5 minute incline treadmill, 20 minutes shooting hoops, and at the end I did the weight machines focused on legs....leg press, hamstring machine. etc.

Purplrks3647 02-01-2020 02:16 PM

Hi fitness friends! Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend :grouphug:

Haven't tried the new Shaun T videos yet, but today I did two of his videos (a total of 80 minutes) and I've managed to take a couple of naps since then....Guided Chakra meditation done first thing this morning. :Meditate:

Upstairs 02-01-2020 06:18 PM

Hola all! Arms day. Went ok. A little weaker. Really lacked motivation today. I didnít eat much today, so that didnít help either. Next routine will be Legs.

Welcome back Ringo123! Youíll get the hang of retirement soon I hope!

Iím glad to see you guys still at it!

plop 02-01-2020 11:34 PM

Hi all! Five runs (78 km/48 mi), about forty minutes of yoga, some weights, some circuit training. Same old, same old.

Apart from some more animals, that is. A lot of deer around, I see a few on almost every run.

Good week everyone & keep at it!

Midwest1981 02-02-2020 03:40 AM

Plop- I like to watch the deer!! When I go hiking I listen out for them! It sounds like you had a good week fitness wise!!

Purp- 80 minutes!? Wow ...I would be napping too.

Upstairs- I hope your appetite is back today. Nothing worse then not wanting to eat or being able to eat. I hate that feeling.

Rest day for me!! Happy Sunday!!

Purplrks3647 02-02-2020 10:47 AM

More Shaun T this morning and now the soreness is setting in....guided meditation done + I'm relaxing for the rest of the day....

Mango212 02-02-2020 07:43 PM

Hafa Adai!

Two easy deep naps today. :-)
That was something new.

A balance perhaps to either long days last week or something ahead? I'm open to these natural rhythms.

Dry sauna. ((echoed))

Barefoot short walk in deep snow. ((echoed))

Deep stretches * box breathing.

Trusting my body to heal and rejuvenate easily.

#emotionaltraumareleasing
#lifeturnedsideways
#embracethejourney

Midwest1981 02-03-2020 02:43 PM

30 minute elliptical and 30 minute walk

butcher70 02-03-2020 07:54 PM

Evening all! Glad to see everyone kicking butt!! Great job all!! Took a few days off to rest than got called into work at my main job for the weekend. Long story short it all went ok but smashed a thumb and tweaked my lower back a bit. Finally got back at it tonight with deadlifts. Back was tender but felt ok. Warmed up, went to 455x3, 475,3 than 495x2 missed my 3rd. Felt ok but are drained than I should be at this point. Wanted 515 for a high single.... Did not even break it off the floor. No reattempt. I hook grip and it's hard on my thumbs so was at least glad to see the pain on the smashed one was tolerable. Mad I didn't get the solo but it was just not gonna happen and I doubt a reattempt would of been any better. So callled it a night after that. Shoudlers tommorow night and bench if all is good to go. Hope all of have a great night and day!!!!!

Mango212 02-04-2020 07:09 AM

Hafa Adai!

Bad-ass mode today in a very zen-warrior way.

Open to whatever the day brings. Footsteps, jumping, tip-toe, whatever. :D

butcher, may you heal easily & fast! Is the thumb a minor bruise or full-on smashed?

Goals: running, stairs, yoga and light weights.

Tip Toe
https://youtu.be/Rl5n70xNkB4

Midwest1981 02-04-2020 01:17 PM

Butcher- I hope your thumb heals quickly!

Legs, arms, abs, 30 minute elliptical

butcher70 02-04-2020 06:56 PM

Evening all! Mango and Midwest thanks for the well wishes! Mango, no bones broke in thumb! Learned that today. Do got some stitches where skin ruptured. Definitely gonna lose the nail. But it's my non dominant hand thankfully so don't interfere with work. My back I believe is just muscle. Twisted wrong in the middle of everything. Showed up at my bone cracker today and the first words out of his mouth was "Deadlift?". Kinda chuckled and told him not this time. Anyway, chest and shoulders tonight. New program. First day. Ready for a new start. The chest was 185 3x20.... I did not anticipate that kicking my butt as bad as it did. Humbling! Got it done though. Shoudlers went ok. That's a wrap for the night. Box squats tommorow....ug!! Y'all have a great night!!!

Midwest1981 02-05-2020 04:31 PM

Butcher- I feel a little bit of your pain about the finger. I jammed mine one time while playing pool and lost a finger nail. I was just a kid so I canít remember exactly how I managed that. lol great job on the new workout!

cardio today...20 minute elliptical, 25 minute walk, 10 minute bike.

Midwest1981 02-06-2020 08:19 AM

A little yoga this morning and then a HIIT workout. I feel great!!!

butcher70 02-06-2020 09:33 PM

Evening all! Midwest I feel you on the jammed fingers! Those are terrible! And take forever to get right again. And yoga than cardio?!? Great job! Either or is hard enough for me. Both is impressive! Got called into work last night. Finally got to my squats tonight. Did arms too. Ripped through the squats. Rarely crush a leg workout so will definitely take it!! Arms went good too. Did three extra curl sets. Not liking skipping the gym here and there for work but I'll be danged if it isn't helping the workouts I do get to. Not sure what is on tommorows menu for lifting. Hope all of you have a great night!

Mango212 02-07-2020 12:54 PM

Hafa Adai!

Rockstar Recovery & a breve with honey, fantastic special roast beans and an amazing connected day.

Light weights, increased stamina, emotional sobriety and open to whatever playground of life opportunities open up.

Yoga, deep stretches, use of breathing techniques, push-ups and meditation.