SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Fitness, Health, and Nutrition (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/)
-   -   Road to Spring 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/444279-road-spring-2020-a.html)

Upstairs 01-25-2020 05:18 PM

Hola all! The forum looks way strange on my phone today so Iím hoping this works! Worked out the old Legs today. Good workout, Iíll probably go heavier on everything next time. Skipped Forearms. Iíll do those after my Chest workout tomorrow. Itís a good fit there anyway as itís my shortest workout. I hope everyone is having a great weekend!

i admit this thread being called 2019 is probably confusing. If anyone can get an admin to change it to 2020 Iíd appreciate it!

plop 01-25-2020 10:55 PM

Hi all! Ringo Ė good to hear from you and great you're going to sign up at the cat shelter. The stuff you people do is really imporant. All our cats have come from animal shelters, so consider me a big fan.

This week I had to skip one day because I was busy with other things, but still four runs (62 km/39 mi), including 800m repeats and a wildlife encounter. While running one morning I thought I saw something new. "I've never noticed those statues before", I thought at first, but they were no statues, they were three young deer. Not moving at all, I guess they didn't want me to notice them. Apart from running, about twenty minutes of yoga, some weights and some circuit training.

Good week everyone!

Purplrks3647 01-26-2020 05:05 AM

Very cool Ringo! :kitty: Adoptable cats will be in Cat Bowl and Kitten Bowl next week on Hallmark Channel....plus they perform the Kitty Halftime Show during Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet ~ Dog Bowl is on next week too! (Can you tell I like animals?!? :09:)

Originally Posted by Upstairs (Post 7367805)

i admit this thread being called 2019 is probably confusing. If anyone can get an admin to change it to 2020 Iíd appreciate it!

Shout-out to ScottFromWI for changing the thread title! :tyou

Purplrks3647 01-26-2020 09:14 AM

Two Shaun T workouts done today, each about 30 minutes....I'll see if I can walk tomorrow.....still need to do meditation.

Upstairs 01-26-2020 04:08 PM

New thread! Kinda! Thanks Purps and ScottfromWi for adjusting the title. It should help people from not posting on the earlier road. Itís an easy mistake to make.

So! Chest and Forearms day. Went really well. Definitely got a good workout and no injuries! Yes, I did a big old zero on my last set of bench presses. When I can barely eke out 2 @310 on my 2nd to last set, what makes me think I can add twenty and get it at all? Stubbornness I guess. I ordered an abdominal bench thingy today. Itís going to take some hard work to get my abs in shape. I just donít like doing them. But thatís probably because theyíre so hard to do in the beginning. Forum still looks different. I canít ďthankĒ anyoneís post or see who else has. Anyway, take care all!

butcher70 01-26-2020 11:39 PM

Evening all! Glad to see everyone kicking butt! Good chest workouts must be the theme tonight! Was happy to follow suit. Smoked my sets! Went up to 295x2 worked up from 225. Should of checked my max tonight. Went that good. Really glad to stayed in the lighter weight as long as I did. Form feels good. Things are falling into place. Did 3 sets of pushups for burnout. Had to go really narrow.. still having tight shoulders on them. Very odd. But triceps are beat! Those went ok. All I had in the tank tonight but a good workout. Deadlifts tommorow night! Y'all have a great night!!

Purplrks3647 01-27-2020 03:46 PM

40 minute video done today.....I'm pooped!

Midwest1981 01-27-2020 04:01 PM

hi everyone!!

Thanks everyone who helped get the name changed!

Purp- you really have been killing those workouts!! That is great. I am glad you found what keeps you motivated.

Upstairs & Butcher- great job on the chest workouts.

Plop- that sounds like a great week!

Ringo- I am glad you are staying active. It may not be the same routine but all of that dog walking & biking everywhere adds up. The volunteering sounds great too.

Saturday- 30 minute legs & walked 4 miles.

Sunday- skipped

Monday- 20 minutes elliptical, 10 minute stair master, 10 minute rower, arms & weight machines.

butcher70 01-27-2020 10:15 PM

Evening all!! Midwest mad respect going for a walk after lifting legs!!! My post leg workout usually inolves me whining and Advil!! Purps 40 minutes is awesome I would need an ambulance! Deadlifts tonight! 505x2! Super jacked up right now! Everything felt great! Tore a callous but small price to pay! Gonna actually go back down in weight and do more reps in the 450-485 range. Wanted to get my lift tonight cause I've failed it two or three times now. Got that 6 number in my head.... It's only 75 more lbs than my now max but that seems like a light year away sometimes... Tonight maybe not so far in the future. Guess we will know as we go along! Shoudlers tommorow night!! Y'all have a good one!!

Midwest1981 01-28-2020 04:08 PM

That is awesome Butcher!! :c011: yay!!

2 mile walk and just a mix of other strength exercises.

Purplrks3647 01-28-2020 06:07 PM

Another 40 minute video today....hope I sleep well tonight....

Great job everyone! :ExeJump:

Upstairs 01-28-2020 07:37 PM

Hola all! Todayís routine was Back. Went really well! Didnít go for three on my last set of deadlifts. I listened to my body for a change. I could tell if I did another Iíd have probably hurt myself. Quit while I was ahead! Rest went ok. I havenít been doing pull-ups the last month, I reckon I should start including them in again. Ugh.

butcher - the way you think of deadlifting 600lbs is how I view 500lbs, lol. Another 50lbs seems like a mountain.

Great job all! Anyone watching ďBiggerst LoserĒ tonight on USA? It has its faults, but it inspires me to try a little harder!

butcher70 01-28-2020 10:27 PM

Evening all! Glad to see everyone kicking butt like normal! Upstairs I know what you mean about distance in weight sometimes seeming vast. I'm very curious how much of it is mental on my part vs being an absolute not strong enough issue. Definitely a blend of both just would like to know the ratio. Anywho, shoudlers tonight. All went ok. OHPs were more of a struggle than I would like. But got my sets. Would of liked more pullups. 5 sets, 10,7,5,1,1. Really dropped off fast. Still night and day better than the past though! Three period was a struggle. Heavy squats tommorow. I hate those slightly less than box squats. And have to do some cardio of some kind. Hope all of you have a great night and day!!!

Midwest1981 01-29-2020 09:55 AM

Upstairs- I like the show! Thanks for the reminder. I put the USA app on my Apple TV and it is already available on there!!

Purp- I hope you sleep well too!! I hate when I toss all night.

Good job everyone on the workouts. Swim class for me today!! It was great. :)

Mango212 01-29-2020 11:29 AM

Hafa Adai!

Spiritual journey, physical strength and enjoying the adventure of where this takes me. :Meditate:

Words I've written before and embracing today:

Grab a bottle of water, hydrate well and enjoy seeing what my body is capable of. One day at a time.

Upstairs 01-29-2020 08:00 PM

Hola all and happy hump day! Shoulders were worked out today. I had a good workout but not quite as strong on the overhead landmine presses as last time. I may try my hand at doing dumbbell or barbell overhead presses next time. Iím not sure if these landmine presses are working those front Delts enough. Just not that crazy about my progress there of late. Different exercises sometimes help. Tomorrowís routine is biceps and triceps. I have the day off so no excuses not too!

butcher70 01-29-2020 10:09 PM

Evening all! Heavy squats and bench tonight. Worked up to 405 on squats. For me that's heavy. I'm actually getting to 90 on them. Was never sure not doing box squats so had my wife watch for me. Those went ok. Bench didn't go as well. Didn't get my last two whole sets. Form broke down around 285 and I stopped. I've been really hitting bench hard trying to build it so I can be consistent. Think I need to do it twice a week. Once lighter with more reps, one heavy and that's enough. Gonna rest chest till next week. I did do cardio tonight and somehow got all ten sets. Bag work, tire and hammer drills and mixed slam ball over shoulder throws in. Got 10 rounds. I'm whooped. Not sure if I'm gonna do back tommorow or rest and get it Friday. Well see how i feel tommorow. Anywho hope all of you have a great night!!

Purplrks3647 01-30-2020 03:00 AM

Was gonna rest yesterday, but got home and felt the need to do a video....that rarely happens....so I went for it.....and now I'm sore.

I'll see how today goes + dvds arrived ~ two new Shaun T routines....maybe this weekend.....

Midwest1981 01-30-2020 05:33 AM

It is good to see you all faithful to your workouts. :)

Upstairs- I did watch the biggest loser and I love the new personal trainers!!

Swim class again today. This one is a boot camp in the water and I am meeting my friend there. Whooo hoooo.

Midwest1981 01-31-2020 05:42 AM

boot camp in the pool was fun! Step aerobics today.