SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Fitness, Health, and Nutrition (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/)
-   -   Road to Spring 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/444279-road-spring-2020-a.html)

Purplrks3647 01-19-2020 10:46 AM

This morning I did two Shaun T videos = a little over an hour total.

Speaking of Shaun T :D If anyone here is in Australia, he announced that he'll be traveling near Melbourne (Yarraville) to host a live workout fundraiser....all profits will be donated to bushfire relief efforts.

Midwest1981 01-20-2020 07:48 AM

Purp- great job on the hour workout! You should keep the teen video and try it. It may be really fun!!

Plop- great job on your runs!!

Mango- glad to see you still keeping up with your movement and self care!

Upstairs- I hope you continue to lift!! It sounds like you are doing great. Sometimes our bodies just need a break or a switch in routine. It sounds like you are doing all that.

Butcher- that has to be extra stressful working and dealing with the road conditions too!!

HI to everyone I missed. I did workout Wed, Thursday, and Friday. Just a mixture of cardio and weights. etc. Skipped the weekend and going to the gym today. What I do depends on how busy it is.

Midwest1981 01-20-2020 01:52 PM

The gym was very busy! So I was the grocery store!

10 minutes elliptical, weight machines, arms & abs

butcher70 01-20-2020 08:54 PM

Evening all! Midwest great job getting after it! And yeah working during blizzards ain't fun. Really wish people would slow down. Plops great job on racking up the miles than having enough to hit the gym after! Purps way to stay after it and please stay safe with the fires over there! Deadlifts and chest tonight. Went really good but missed my goal. Wanted 505x2. I was so close on that second rep!! So close to lock. Inches. Rest went awesome. Did paused reps on 450x3. Should of went lighter. But I got them.. last rep was a grind! Chest went awesome! Should of went heavier. Worked up to 315 and smoked it. Should of went for 2 but honestly I wanted to end on a positive and was not sure I would get it. Now sitting here with my dog wanting to go run around in -5..... He will get his way! Y'all have a great night! Shoulders tommorow night!

Mango212 01-21-2020 04:47 AM

Hafa Adai!

Setting intents of

Appreciation

Strength

Perseverance

Action

Goals: light weights, yoga, running

Upstairs 01-21-2020 07:10 PM

Hola all! After taking off a couple days Iím back for my Back workout. Went ok. I keep thinking about going heavier on my deadlifts until I actually do them. Then itís like, ďyea. Thatís enough for today!Ē I think Iíll know when I can go heavier without over straining something. Rest of it went ok except I really do rest too long between sets. Back exercises really take it out of me. Tomorrowís routine is shoulders.

Titan fitness has a new plate loaded dip machine for sale. I really want that, lol. I should have bought a larger house. I already have a dip station attachment I donít use of course. I reckon if I want to add equipment it really ought to be something thatís multifunctional. Iím rambling. Take care all!

butcher70 01-21-2020 07:58 PM

Evening all! Mango sounds like your are definitely in your zone and that's awesome! Upstairs, that dip station sounds great! (And titan is running a sale this week)... I know the room vs equipment want war is an ongoing battle.. Shoulders tonight went good! Worked up to 550 for shrugs. Actually used my straps. Did cleans after my shoulder stuff and those went well. Pretty uneventful but solid workout tonight. The dreaded 6 letter word that with S tommorow... Squats.. ug. Everyone have a great night!!

Midwest1981 01-22-2020 05:50 PM

Upstairs- I just do tricep dips with a kitchen chair!! :lmao I googled the plate loaded dip machine and it does look nice.

Butcher- best of luck to you on leg day with those squats!

Mango- I am glad you are doing so well and having fun with your movement.

Tuesday- 10 minute elliptical, 10 minute rower, 10 minute stair master, leg machines.

Wednesday- home workout...2 miles treadmill and a little ab workout.

The rest of the week is up in the air because of a winter snow system. ;)

Purplrks3647 01-22-2020 06:26 PM

Managed to do a 50 minute video today....much needed.....Nice work everyone! :You_Rock_

Upstairs 01-22-2020 07:32 PM

Hola all and happy hump day! Shoulders today. Ok workout. I think my current workouts have led to some loss of flexibility. I was playing around trying to do behind the neck barbell presses and it wasn’t pretty. Did some light Arnold presses and not pretty either. I think just doing those landmine presses instead of the barbells and dumbbells has to change. Tomorrow’s routine is biceps and triceps.

Purps - these 50 minutes workouts you do. Are you moving around without breaks the whole time? I think that’d kill me right now, lol.

butcher70 01-22-2020 09:16 PM

Evening all! Midwest that same blizzard is here also. Not the worse but roads are slick. Had my walk and driveway all clean too! Purps way to go 50 minutes in a go! Respect! Box squats and chest tonight. Crushed the chest part! Did landmine chest holds after to burn out. Box squats got done with a fair amount of whining.... But that is normal for me and box squats. Wife conned me into cardio and had me doing wall sits .. so pretty sure my quads are gonna hate me tommorow! All I got for the night! Not sure if a rest day tommorow or back. Hope all of you have a good night!!

Purplrks3647 01-23-2020 03:23 AM

OOOhhh...wall-sits...not a fan! Good for you Butcher!

Lol Upstairs....not really moving around the whole time...he's teaching dance moves, so a lot of repetition and adding more moves as you go...I like it 'cause it helps the brain to stay focused & if I'm learning a choreographed routine, it doesn't feel so much like working out.

Midwest1981 01-23-2020 05:43 AM

Purp- that is really good for the brain and the body!! good job!!

Butcher- we were suppose to get some snow but it looks like all ice!! Not good.

I am not sure what I am doing yet...it isn't light outside so I can't see what is going on with the roads. haha. :scared:

Midwest1981 01-23-2020 03:41 PM

I played basketball 25 minutes and swam 25 minutes. It was fun!! It is nice to just have fun movement sometimes.

Upstairs 01-23-2020 07:49 PM

Hey all. Arms day. Decent workout. I wasnít really pushing myself that much today. Next routine will be Legs and Forearms, hopefully tomorrow. Itís good to see you guys still going at it! Iím guessing a lot of the New Years resolution crowd are probably thinning out by now in the gyms, lol.

Ringo123 01-23-2020 08:08 PM

Been posting on wrong thread. Oh well. Slow adjustment to being retired; weight is up a few pounds.

No sports doctor, Upstairs. Just saw primary care doc for the leg; physical starts next week.

In meantime, working the legs using machines. Barely a limp now; peddle my bike whenever I don't need the car and it's not raining. Walk the dog just about every day. Bike to my weekly volunteer gig at the food bank. Signing up at the cat shelter is next.

Going back to Zumba next Wed (keeping it low impact) and back to TRX this Monday.

Midwest1981 01-24-2020 03:20 PM

good to hear from you Ringo! :)

2 mile walk & arms and abs

butcher70 01-25-2020 12:35 AM

Ringo damn glad to hear from you! Im sure retirement is an adjustment but you deserve it! Your leg will come around. Anywho, back tonight. Took last night off as my quads were pretty much wrecked and getting in and out of a car all day was lame!! Better today. Lots of rows. All went ok. Did abs afterwards and that's a wrap. Gonna hit chest tommorow and should do arms that I skipped tonight. (No good reason why I skipped arms...just did not want to) lame reason. I'll catch you all tommorow night glad to see everyone kicking butt like is normal from this group!!

Mango212 01-25-2020 12:55 PM

Hafa Adai!

Ringo, I'm absolutely trusting in right places, right timing. I posted on Road to Winter in great timing. Just what I needed to lay down there. Thank you for bumping up that thread.

Today: light weights, power yoga, meditation, running, stairs and the world is my playground.

Purplrks3647 01-25-2020 03:22 PM

Did another Cize video this morning + 8 minute abs and guided meditation....here is a clip of Shaun T's dance program if anyone wants to check it out: