SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Fitness, Health, and Nutrition (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/)
-   -   Road to Spring 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/444279-road-spring-2020-a.html)

butcher70 01-13-2020 09:20 PM

Evening All! Deadlifts tonight. Missed 505x2. Got 1 rep. Not even close on #2. Did some rack pulls up to 565... Those felt off tonight. Decided to burn out on 405. Got it for 11 reps. Not sure if that's good or bad. I'm absolutely whooped. Didn't have allot in the tank tonight I'm actually suprsurprthe loft went as good as it did. Tommorow could very well be a non scheduled rest day. My back isn't hurt but wow is it tired right now. Well see how everything feels tommorow. Hope all of you are doing well and kicking butt like normal!!!!

Foggyriver 01-13-2020 10:49 PM

Hi, I am new here and just found this thread. I have such weak quads. I have been working with a personal trainer since August and am slowly getting stronger. My quads are my downfall. Did lunges with a kettlebell, bear crawls in every direction, ball slams, bench presses, and cable rows today, plus yoga and a dance class. My legs were quivering after just doing the lunges. Feeling good tonight, though. Nice to meet you.

Purplrks3647 01-14-2020 01:58 AM

Welcome Foggyriver! :wavey:

Rested yesterday & I'll see how today goes....my back side still sore from the weekend! But I found 2 more Shaun T workouts online for $6 with free shipping....how could I not click 'buy now'! :glasses

Midwest1981 01-14-2020 12:57 PM

FoggyRiver- welcome to this thread! Great job on the workout and that is great about the personal trainer!! I am sure your quads are going to catch up strength wise soon.

Purp- I hope you enjoy the new videos and great job on cize 6!! Sounds tough.

Butcher- I hope you take the rest day If you need it! I know that is hard to do...at least it is for me.

Plop- I hope you are feeling better!

The last two days I did a mix of low impact HITT to get my heart rate up then some strength training and I tried to cover everything. lol

I am just mixing it up so I donít get bored.

Upstairs 01-14-2020 06:50 PM

Hola all! Back day today. I just couldnít motivate myself to lift yesterday. Today I drank a bunch of coffee and an energy drink to boot so I was ready to go! Everything went pretty well! Did the same sets of deadlifts as last time, but I didnít hurt my back this time around on the last set. Not hurting myself is a good thing! Seated cable rows were surprisingly easier. After the third set I realized I was doing ten pounds less than what I had intended. My math gets pretty iffy in the evenings, lol. Next routine is shoulders and it better be tomorrow.

Butcher70 - I think I have a visual of them now. Iím going to search for a video just to be sure. Btw, I dunno what weight straps you use on your deadlifts, but I use these things called Harbinger lifting straps. I really like them. Theyíre leather and you Velcro them around your wrist. The lifting strap part only extends about to your fingertips. You wrap them around the bar and youíre good to go. I found them easier to use than the longer straps. Just FYI!

butcher70 01-14-2020 08:34 PM

Evening all! Welcome Foggy! Midwest yeah I hate taking days off... Just get restless if I don't do something. And I feel you on shaking things up, I found myself in that recent rut with bench and found I had to do something different. Upstairs I might look into those wraps, think I have Mark Bell ones. There nothing fancy. I set up terrible with straps. Gets me out of my routine to apply them so went to hook grip. Could maybe try a set on rack pulls for sure! Wish I knew the name of the video on Youtube I watched that gave me the chest landmine chest holds idea... It was part of a video, not the whole video. There worth it though in my opinion, hope they work for you! Anyway got to shoulders tonight. Went really well! Did farmer walks with bag work and tire and hammer drills. Got 8 sets! Would of been happy with 7 but found an extra in me. My lower back is not injured.... But is crazy sore all over. Not sure why or how. Supposed to do squats tommorow. Well see I guess. Hope all of you have a great night and it's warmer where you are than here!! 3 degrees.. ug!

plop 01-14-2020 08:57 PM

Welcome FoggyRiver!

Upstairs, Butcher & Midwest Ė thanks, I'm already back up and running.

Mango212 01-15-2020 07:25 AM

Hafa Adai!

Foggyriver, glad you're here!! :c011:

I'm healing quickly, emotionally and physically. I had some physical stuff that the timing aligned beautifully with the court things, in a twisted, weird sense of humor way. ;) Thank you for all the good thoughts and support! The CPS court is resolving in Higher Power's timing and I'm gearing up for another round of going to court in a different way, somewhere in the months to come. In the meantime, I'm recouping from a lot and still able to up my weight lifting, yoga practice, life balance and work hours are most definitely taking on a vacation-time/playtime feel as I Jeep on through this. (spell-check typo that speaks to my soul. I'll keep it. :))

Today's goals:

Incorporating breath, prayer, letting go, letting God and having great productivity in easy ways.

Yoga.

Walking meditation.

Light weights.

Running stairs.

ARC acronym: amazing recovery continues
#appreciation
#healthyactions

Upstairs 01-15-2020 06:37 PM

Hola all and happy hump day. Worked out shoulders today. Thatís two days of exercise in a row! Iím hardcore! So everything went better than last time. I guess that was just an off day. Overhead landmine presses. Tons of lateral deltoid raises. Tons of face pulls. Then ended with weighted windmills. Done! Next routine will be biceps & triceps.

Welcome Foggyriver! A personal trainer ought to get you on the right path. Lunges are a great idea for leg strength. If youíre at a gym they usually have leg extension and leg curl machines too.

butcher70 01-15-2020 06:48 PM

Howdy all! Chest and squats tonight. For chest actually did decline and incline. Only had 205 on till I see how they go. Don't have a decline bench. Saw a video where just put a bumper weight under either end for decline and incline.... First thought was I should of thought of that! I'm not getting the lower pec definition I want so hoping hitting from all angles works. Did 6x6 both. Went good! Helped had a pretty fierce game of tug of war with my dog beforehand so I'll say this my shoulders were good to go and warmed up! ( I lost tug of war this round). Did squats really light tonight. Did not go past 315. My back feels good but man was it sore last night. Due for back tomorrow so didn't push it tonight. Plop glad your back in action! Mango way to have a positive attitude about the events you got going! You will come out ahead! Hope all of you have a great night!!

Upstairs 01-16-2020 06:05 PM

Hola! Arms day. Had a good workout. One thing that helped is I realized today my soreness in my back and elsewhere were pretty much gone. Tempting to just stop weight lifting and call it a draw. Things are still going to happen, but Iím going to try and be real careful for now on. More warm up sets and stretches. Tomorrowís routine is Legs and Forearms.

Mango212 01-16-2020 07:17 PM

Hafa Adai!

Goals/plans for the next 12 hours: great long, deep sleep, then yoga, coffee and a morning run.

butcher70 01-17-2020 12:25 PM

Afternoon all! Back today. Wasn't able to lift last night due to work. Today's workout wasn't my best. Tried to do bench first. Got my first two sets. Felt heavy and tight. Moved onto back. Got it done but no drive at all today. Added cleans back in. Those actually went ok. Did not go heavy with them though. Weekend is gonna be rest from lifting. Got to work graves and we are smack in the middle of a blizzard .. so ready for spring!! Hope all of you have a great weekend!!!!

Upstairs 01-17-2020 07:34 PM

Hola and TGIF! Legs and Forearms day. Went ok! Definitely enjoy going back to my old routine of barbell squats; progressively heavier weight and less reps with each set. I just like doing that better than light weight and lots of reps. Everything else went well. Next routine will be Chest. Hopefully tomorrow. Hope you all have a great weekend if I donít read about you here!

Purplrks3647 01-18-2020 07:37 AM

Great job everyone! :Squat:

Went three days with no workouts ~ yikes! So this morning I did 45 minutes of Cize including the abs routine.

Purplrks3647 01-18-2020 11:34 AM

Side note: I received the dvd but the sender shipped the wrong one....he is sending the right one and told me to keep this one....it's for teens, though, so I thought I'd see if you guys know of anyone who might use it....I haven't seen it before, but it's Shaun T so it must be good!

Upstairs 01-18-2020 06:50 PM

Hola all! Chest day went well! I feel like my normal old self under the bench presses once again. A few weeks ago I was all glum thinking my bench press days might be over. Anyway, got all my reps except the last, heaviest one. Last time I at least got it partially up. Today nothing. Iíll keep at it a few more weeks. I made some really good gains when I plateaued last time by lowering the weight a bunch and then working back up again over the next month. Iím hoping itíll work again. Tomorrowís routine is Back. Not much else to do this weekend. Itís raining and upper thirties outside. Ugh.

plop 01-18-2020 09:47 PM

Hi all! Five runs this week (72 km/45 mi) and some circuit training. Was able to lift some weights as well. Haven't done any harder running sessions since last summer apart from a tempo run every now and then but a couple of days ago I did some 2k repeats just to see how it feels. It was all right but my legs have been very heavy for two days now. Planning to start more serious training for next summer in March.

Everyone have a good week!

Mango212 01-19-2020 08:02 AM

Hafa Adai!

Safe travels, my friends, in all we do. Goals today: meet, exceed and have fun throughout!

Yoga.

Natural, easy use of my breath.

Centered and balanced energy.

The world is my playground.

Run time.

Upper body strength training.

#thankyougod
#lifeisgood
#riskbeinghuman

Mango212 01-19-2020 08:06 AM

My nutrition has changed up very naturally, easily and obviously this past 10 days. Strange, enjoyable and sustaining, including periods of fasting.

As I let go of expectations of 'what I need' and embrace an inner knowing, enjoying changes and inner joy, more is revealed.

Through hurt, trauma and brokenness, we really can come back stronger, more innately confident and open to living.