SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Fitness, Health, and Nutrition (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/)
-   -   Road to Spring 2020 (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/fitness-health-nutrition/444279-road-spring-2020-a.html)

Midwest1981 12-27-2019 08:21 AM

Friday- step aerobics & abs

Purplrks3647 12-27-2019 03:55 PM

Today I combined two Shaun T videos: "Party Express" and then "Ab Sculpt" for a total of 55 minutes, then guided meditation.

Upstairs 12-27-2019 07:23 PM

Hola all and TGIF! Had a really good Arms workout. Didn’t start out that way. Sometimes it takes a while for me to get going. Tomorrow’s routine is Legs and Forearms. I may try to do some barbell squats again. Just go really light and see how my back takes it. It might be fine. Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Purplrks3647 12-28-2019 05:58 AM

This morning was my second attempt at Cize #4....much better than last time....then 8 minute abs....now I'm ready to lay back down! I'll have to do my meditation in a little while.

Have a good weekend Fitness Friends! :grouphug:

Mango212 12-28-2019 08:53 AM

Hafa Adai!

Meditation, restorative yoga and comfort foods are my plan today, and a mega-dose of vitamin D. Allowing my body's natural immune defenses space to do it's thing.

Today I enjoy my strength in slowing down.

Menu: flax pancakes with kerrygold butter & raw honey, bulletproof coffee for lunch and holiday ham & turkey with fresh Idaho mashed potatoes and whatever else that sounds wonderful.

Midwest1981 12-28-2019 10:46 AM

25 minutes in the weight room. Squats, Arm Exercises, captains chair, hamstring machine, leg curl machine, cable machines and then 30 minutes on the elliptical.
It sounds like everyone is killing it this Saturday. Good job! :)

butcher70 12-28-2019 02:47 PM

Afternoon all! Mango your making me hungry reading that post! Love ham! Purps your really getting after it!!! Awesome Job!! Midwest that is once again a whole lot of Volume! Than 30 minutes on a eliltellip?! I'd be whooped. Upstairs hope you still have your eyebrows! Anyway, squats and bench today after a few off. Went ok. For chest I went way light like 205 light. I did 5 sets of what's called one and half's. Basically I pressed it half way up, went back down and up and that's one rep. Did 5x5 and had my chest sore as all get out! Trying to get through my sticking spot. My bench is stagnant and I need to think outside my norm to break it through. Well see how it goes. Might do deadlifts tommorow. We will see. Hope all of you are having a great weekend!!

Upstairs 12-28-2019 05:49 PM

Hola all! Legs and Forearms day. Success! Barbell squats went fine. Took it very carefully. What happened a couple weeks ago when I hurt my back is my shoulders get really tight from earlier routines and I have a really hard time getting my hands onto the barbell behind me. So instead of the common sense thing to stretch really good first, I just grabbed what I could and did them anyway. Usually after a set my shoulders start to limber up. That time, the bar was way too high on my back and the weight must have rolled my spine forward and pop goes the back. Only took like two reps to do it. So...this time around I did squats with just the bar for a couple dozen reps until I could seat the bar properly. Live and learn!

Anyway, great leg workout today followed by a great forearm workout. At least it felt great, lol. Tomorrow’s routine is Chest. Great seeing everyone going at it. It’s not even New Years yet!

Purplrks3647 12-29-2019 07:41 AM

40 minute video w/ Shaun T this morning ~ "Booty Shakin' Dance Party" Lol

Then guided meditation :grouphug:

Upstairs 12-29-2019 01:19 PM

Hola all! Chest day! Could have gone better. Something felt tight and strained in my right pectoral muscle during bench presses even though I felt strong doing the weight. I was worried something might strain or snap and then no more weight lifting. So did all the reps anyway, but I didn’t lower the bar all the way down on my heaviest set. Would have been a personal best of 330 but now it has an asterisk by it, lol. Kinda takes my sense of completion from it. Maybe next time I’ll do some warm up sets and see if that helps. Tomorrow’s routine is good old Back. I’m going to try and go heavy on the deadlifts this time. Hope everyone had a good weekend!

Midwest1981 12-29-2019 01:55 PM

Easier day today and it was fun too. I made sure to clean house before the gym. lol Work then play. Then I had a healthy supper.

1 mile walk
15 minute stationary bike
15 minute rower
15 minutes shooting hoops

butcher70 12-29-2019 08:05 PM

Evening all! Glad to see everyone closing the weekend strong! Deads and rack pulls tonight. Not my best showing. Couldn't get 565 on a rack pull... Should of had that for reps. Got my set work done and figured I would try something new. So I put 600lbs on. Got it to knee level (no way I was lifting past that!) Than put 525 on thinking it would fly up cause it felt so lighter..... Nope. Knee level fail. Again.
Probably 0/5 or 0/6 with that weight now. ... I've done that trick with bench and it worked awesome. I am missing a cue or just plain need to get my hips, glutes stronger. So... Not too happy but that's the grind. If it was all good days everyone would do it.. Not sure what I'm lifting tommorow. Hope all of you have a great night and day tomorrow!!

Mango212 12-30-2019 04:16 AM

Hafa Adai!

Light weights, walking, meditation. Hot springs swimming + hot springs yoga yesterday evening.

Goals today: Extra honey. ACV + honey + hot water. Honey & peanut butter for power nutrients during the day. Life balance. Light weights, stairs.

Midwest1981 12-30-2019 11:42 AM

Exercise machines and swimming

:You_Rock_

:headbang:

Purplrks3647 12-30-2019 12:49 PM

Shaun T videos done this morning: 10 minute standing abs, then Hip Hop Abs with weighted gloves...total of 45 minutes.

Guided meditation done :Meditate:

Upstairs 12-30-2019 07:58 PM

Hola all and happy Monday! Got up to 70 today. Crazy weather. So almost didn’t do my Back workout as I was running late, but I did it anyway. Went really well! I got a triple of 450 on my last deadlift set. I had only managed getting a single of that at my best back in October. They say deadlifts burn a lot of calories. They just feel like a lot of work. I feel weary of doing those after 4 sets, lol. The rest of everything else went fine. Next routine will be Delts.

I think I’m going to look up some of those standing Ab workouts, Purps! I keep putting those off.

butcher70 12-30-2019 09:24 PM

Evening all! Chest tonight. Lighter again. Got my sets no worries. Did pushups till failure afterwards. Not too happy with my number of 32... Long way to go from there! Upstairs your crushing your deadlifts brother! Keep it up! Speaking of deads I'm gonna try to keep my toes pointed out on my deadlift setup and tey to put more weight on my heels . Supposed to help activate hips and glutes which I'm definitely lagging in. Second part will be getting past a weight i have failed so many times now mentally. Not gonna touch deads till Friday or so. Anyway hope all of you have a great day and or night! And Mango I really wish there was a hot spring next to my house right now lol! Could go for one. Gnight all!

butcher70 12-30-2019 09:25 PM

Evening all! Chest tonight. Lighter again. Got my sets no worries. Did pushups till failure afterwards. Not too happy with my number of 32... Long way to go from there! Upstairs your crushing your deadlifts brother! Keep it up! Speaking of deads I'm gonna try to keep my toes pointed out on my deadlift setup and tey to put more weight on my heels . Supposed to help activate hips and glutes which I'm definitely lagging in. Second part will be getting past a weight i have failed so many times now mentally. Not gonna touch deads till Friday or so. Anyway hope all of you have a great day and or night! And Mango I really wish there was a hot spring next to my house right now lol! Could go for one. Gnight all!

Purplrks3647 12-31-2019 06:07 AM

Decided to do an "easier" video today... not too strenuous but more fun, and it goes well with New Year's Eve: Shaun T "Disco Groove" ~ 35 minutes. :dance1:

Then guided meditation :Meditate:

Hope everyone has a great New Year! :nyac

Midwest1981 12-31-2019 11:05 AM

Happy New Year!!

Just a quick 25 minutes at the gym.