What's for Dinner???? - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-18-2019, 02:08 PM   #1 (permalink)
Community Greeter

What's for Dinner????

I need some new ideas for healthy dinners. Easy to make. I prefer to be able to use my air fryer....

Also open to recipes for quick breakfasts and things easy to heat up at the office for lunch!

Tonight is chicken enchaladas.

Easy make:

Low carb wraps
rotisserie chicken schredded up w/no skin
red sauce
cheese
black beans
tomatoes
sour cream (not for me)

Wrap it all up, cover w/red sauce and cheese, air fry on about 365 until all warm and melty. Top with sour cream if desired.

Will serve with a side of Spanish rice (also not for me).

I am trying to cut back on carbs, so I can do it easily w/this recipe and still keep the kids happy.
LovePeaceSushi (07-25-2019), Mags1 (07-18-2019), Mango212 (07-18-2019), Opivotal (07-18-2019), PerSe (08-04-2019), suki44883 (07-18-2019), trailmix (07-19-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 02:47 PM   #2 (permalink)
Just livin' the dream

Do you do Pinterest? You can find any kind of recipe you want. That is my go to for recipes. I've even made some of them.

www.pinterest.com

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words."
- Anna Sewell
suki44883 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to suki44883 For This Useful Post:
hopeful4 (07-19-2019), Mags1 (07-18-2019), Mango212 (07-19-2019), Opivotal (07-18-2019)
Old 07-18-2019, 07:08 PM   #3 (permalink)
Living In The Moment

Hi hopeful,

That sounds wonderful!

I like making huevos rancheros with homemade corn tortillas. Simple, easy, yummy.

Tonight I did a rustic baked potato huevos rancheros, ingredients from top to bottom:

Parmesan cheese (substituted for cotija)
Salsa
Egg (basted using liquid coconut oil)
Jalapeno refried beans (I often use black beans for more texture)
RealSalt (my go-to mineral salt)
Idaho russet potato -- baked slow in the oven along with extra ones for pup while we went on a long hike around the property.

Mango212 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mango212 For This Useful Post:
Mags1 (07-18-2019), trailmix (07-19-2019)
Old 07-19-2019, 07:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Community Greeter

I don't pinterest but I guess I should. I am tired of all social media so I have resisted LOL.

Mango...that looks AMAZING!!!! Thank you for sharing, I am going to give that a try.

My mom, dd, and I all went to church then I came home and made the enchaladas. They were very good. I had premade the chicken so I just had to schred it up and mix it all together. Super easy.

I think I am going to start doing that, making several days worth of chicken in the crock pot and just have it on hand for recipes. My kids mostly want chicken as their protein if we use meat.

So today I am into work and there were coconut cupcakes, which are one of my favorites. I am sitting here with a lot of remorse because I ate one. I am also going to lunch with a bunch of people, I will make healthy choices there. Then....my family are coming over so we can all go out to dinner. Ughhh.....

I will have to redeem myself over the weekend. I need to mow my grass, so that should help!
Old 07-19-2019, 09:21 AM   #5 (permalink)
Just livin' the dream

One of my favorite things about Pinterest is that you don't have to interact with other people. Just enter what you are looking for (healthy air fryer recipes, for example) then peruse the results. Easy peasy.

"We call them dumb animals, and so they are, for they cannot tell us how they feel, but they do not suffer less because they have no words."
- Anna Sewell
suki44883 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 12:43 PM   #6 (permalink)

Hopeful, I'm a big "Cooking Light" fan and this is one of my favorites. The recipe serves 2, but it's easy to double if need be. I haven't done it in my air fryer oven yet, but I bet it would turn out great! (Don't you just love the air fryer?!?)

Oven Fried Chicken Thighs with Buttermilk Mustard Sauce

Yield 2 servings (serving size: 2 thighs and 2 tablespoons sauce)
May 2001
RECIPE BY COOKING LIGHT

Preheating the baking sheet helps to crisp the chicken on the bottom. Serve with mashed potatoes.

Ingredients
1/4 cup low-fat buttermilk
4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
1 tablespoon honey
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/8 teaspoon dried rosemary
1/4 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 1/2 tablespoons grated fresh Parmesan cheese
4 (6-ounce) chicken thighs, skinned
Cooking spray

Step 1
Preheat oven to 425.

Step 2
Combine the first 6 ingredients in a small microwave-safe bowl. Spoon 3 tablespoons buttermilk mixture into a shallow bowl; reserve remaining mixture.

Step 3
Combine the breadcrumbs and Parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Dip chicken in 3 tablespoons buttermilk mixture; dredge in breadcrumb mixture. Chill 15 minutes. Lightly coat a baking sheet with cooking spray, and place in oven for 5 minutes.

Step 4
Place the chicken on baking sheet. Bake at 425 for 24 minutes or until a meat thermometer registers 180, turning chicken after 12 minutes. Microwave reserved buttermilk mixture at high for 20 seconds or until warm. Drizzle the sauce over chicken.
LovePeaceSushi is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to LovePeaceSushi For This Useful Post:
Mango212 (07-25-2019)