Blogs

Gardening - health through good soil

Old 02-25-2019, 12:00 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Gardening - health through good soil

I enjoy gardens. Healthy spaces filled with great nutrients and new growth.

My local community gardens are amazing! They host a harvest dinner for kids & families in the autumn, have a large wood gazebo and welcome people to visit and work as much they'd like.
Old 02-25-2019, 02:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

"Gardening, by its nature, means sticking your hands in the dirt.

Soil is an incredibly rich source of natural bacteria, minerals, and microorganisms. Touching the soil regularly exposes the body to beneficial microorganisms that can boost the immune system. Beneficial bacteria and gut health are important to overall health.
"

"It sparks creativity.

The fresh air, focusing on tending your garden and unplugging from technology all open the door for more creativity. Gardening helps you connect with the earth, your body, mind and spirit, which allows space for creative thoughts to flow."

"Reduces stress by helping you relax.

As you step into the garden the peace and calm of nature washes over you and helps reduce stress while the physical exertion of gardening helps lower blood pressure. I know I feel stress melting away as soon as I start digging in the dirt.

Immersing yourself in nature is a natural relaxer and helps boost those endorphins, which help you feel better, help you become more grounded, centered and relaxed."
Old 03-16-2019, 04:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Planting seeds and having awareness, satisfaction, wonder and awe as they grow is a method of connecting with the earth of in really good ways. It's been shown time and again that kind words have power in the growth of ourselves and plants.

Native medicine at it's core.
Old 03-16-2019, 06:08 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Mango212 View Post
Planting seeds and having awareness, satisfaction, wonder and awe as they grow is a method of connecting with the earth of in really good ways. It's been shown time and again that kind words have power in the growth of ourselves and plants.

Native medicine at it's core.
I'm into lawn care. I've tried gardening, but it's not my thing. I don't know why. I can't wait for summer so I can get back to work on my lawn.
The Following User Says Thank You to DriGuy For This Useful Post:
Mango212 (03-16-2019)
Old 03-18-2019, 06:02 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

There is something about new life springing up from the ground.....new beginnings. I don't like to garden but I visit a park that has community gardens and I love to see the people tending to them. I look around and it is just my way of thanking God for all that i have.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bethany57 For This Useful Post:
Mango212 (03-18-2019)