Road To Winter 2018 - Page 10 - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information
Go Back   SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information >
Register Blogs FAQ Members List Calendar Arcade Mark Forums Read

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-29-2018, 07:37 AM   #181 (permalink)

I've been off routine and in Sick Bay. I left work Monday at 11am feeling a cold coming on, missed work Tuesday. Super busy at work yesterday--at my desk 8.5 hours straight. Kinda pleased that I produced so much while feeling like crapola.

I'm working out vicariously through you guys. The cold is breaking up and I have reasonable expectations to feel a bit better each day. It will feel so darn good to be back at the gym--whenever that is!
Upstairs (11-29-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 07:40 AM   #182 (permalink)

Still in Sick Bay, folks. If my recovery was based solely on exercise, looking and feeling good, I'd be in deep doo-doo. What has come to light for me during this illness and much of November being in and out of yuck-ville, is my recovery, serenity and self worth are rooted in my relationship with the Higher Power and the 12 Step Program of Recovery.

"People, places and things" come and go but HP is 24/7. I don't kid myself, exercise, eating right, looking and feeling good, going to meetings, seeing people, etc all support my wellbeing but they aren't the rock solid foundation on which my recovery is built.

That said, I sure do look forward to feeling better and get this bloated body moving again.
Old 11-30-2018, 09:38 AM   #183 (permalink)

Hola and TGIF! In solidarity with Ringo123 I didnít exercise at all yesterday! I kid! Not sick, just really weary of late. I decided to take my Sunday rest day yesterday and Iíll resume today. I think itís that the more fat I lose, the less Iím able to function without eating. So I stopped fasting and resumed eating small meals throughout the day. I gained 1.6lbs today, but I think thatíll go away soon as I adjust. I hope.

Hope you get to feeling better soon Ringo123! I totally agree with your outlook on recovery. If you base recovery on anything that can change, you can relapse. Iíll be back this evening to report on my usual antics. Take care all!
Upstairs is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Upstairs For This Useful Post:
Ringo123 (12-03-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 12:18 PM   #184 (permalink)
Living In The Moment

Hafa adai!

Whatever it takes. One day at a time.

I've had a month of intense prayer, meditation and leaning into my Higher Power's guidance in a new way. I'm signed up for flight school. I've done a two week intensive yoga and meditation practice. I've fasted, reached breaking points and keep coming back stronger. A spiritual guidance on everything.

I feel authentically me. I feel empowered. I feel grounded, energetic and willing. Willing to live my authentic truth. To use my voice with kindness and strength.

Body-wise, I love me. As I am, where I've been and as I'm changing.

I've gotten on the scale three times, including two different scales yesterday that had different opinions. Serveral lbs lower on my own scale, yet the pants I bought in early November kept falling down today as I was cleaning, even with a base layer under them. That tells more than the scale is.

As I'm active, I'm also finding a beautiful rhythm of fun, rest, ease, sitting in a quiet space for hours and being more productive. I like this.

CPS legal issues are in God's hands. I'm finding healing deeper, quicker and in looking at the good in life. God signs. Life is good. All things working out.
Mango212 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mango212 For This Useful Post:
Ringo123 (12-03-2018)
Old 11-30-2018, 06:38 PM   #185 (permalink)

Hola all! Chest, Back, & Traps were worked out this evening. Tomorrowís routine is Delts, Triceps, & Biceps. No cardio again today. Meh.

Iím glad youíre feeling so well Mango212! Youíre right in that the scales arenít always the best measure of fitness. Tape measures or even pics are better. They donít change nearly as fast as body weight does tho, which is appealing to people like me that want that instant affirmation that things are progressing in the right direction.
Ringo123 (12-03-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 02:46 PM   #186 (permalink)

Hey all! Ringo hope you get to feeling better! Glad all else are well! Work.......ug..... Finally got to deadlifts today. Went pretty dang good. Didnt go to heavy stuck with a heavy ish working set. Had a ton of control and good form. Very happy with it especially after last time I did deads was such a train wreck.. I've been dropping my head and that rounds my back. Corrected that today and back feels way better than it did last time. It's a good sore today. Anyway i got to get to work hope you all have a good weekend!
butcher70 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to butcher70 For This Useful Post:
Ringo123 (12-03-2018)
Old 12-01-2018, 05:55 PM   #187 (permalink)

Hola all! So worked out the Delts, Triceps, & Biceps today. If I hadnít skipped Thursday, tomorrow would be my rest day. Instead itís Legs & Forearms. Gained another pound this morning, but felt better. If Iím working out and not eating much, I have to assume itís not all going to fat. I just have to not let my recent weight gains get me too down. I hope everyone is having a good weekend!
Ringo123 (12-03-2018)
Old 12-02-2018, 08:30 PM   #188 (permalink)

Evening all! Hope all are well. Dumbbell presses tonight.. and allot of em. Went really good but gonna definitely need advil tomorrow! Did push-ups and bag work after. Hit abs than was done. Not sure of im lifting tomorrow or not yet. If I do probably do arms. All i got folks. Have a good night!
Ringo123 (12-03-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 08:25 AM   #189 (permalink)

I'm glad to see such positive posts. I hope to get back to life's routines soon which I love. Still in Sick Bay. Day 8 of this common cold. At least I'm ok enough to go to work. Rested and hunkered down over the weekend.

This Too Shall Pass.
Old 12-03-2018, 10:02 PM   #190 (permalink)
No Dogma Please

Back to the gym no trainer. Saturday was chest and all 3 delt heads and triceps. Today was lats, back and biceps. TryingbtT make it tomorrow for leg day.
MindfulMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MindfulMan For This Useful Post:
Ringo123 (12-04-2018)
Old 12-03-2018, 10:18 PM   #191 (permalink)

Howdy all! Mindful you really break your workouts down! That's impressive! Anyway tonight did shoulders and had a great workout. Going up in weight next time on cleans. Finished my bulk up cycle few days back thankfully. Eating normal again and no more gainer at night. Scaled 268 tonight. Thinking 5 more off than see how I like it. New protein came today..... Really wish I would have tried a sample before buying a jug. Oh well. Still better than the weight gainer i finished! Hope you all have a good night!
Ringo123 (12-04-2018)
Old 12-04-2018, 07:52 AM   #192 (permalink)

Actually was able to do spin class yesterday. I hope to do it again today. Classes are cancelled tomorrow as Federal agencies are shut down for Day of Mourning. Politics aside, "41" was my Commander in Chief and a great man.
Old 12-05-2018, 05:12 PM   #193 (permalink)
No Dogma Please

At gym doing legs. Leg press 90 8x, four top foot placement and 4 bottom, 4x 250 glute machine (per side), leg extensions 4x 85, leg curls 4x 85.
MindfulMan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MindfulMan For This Useful Post:
Ringo123 (12-06-2018)
Old 12-05-2018, 10:40 PM   #194 (permalink)

Hey all. Wanted to stop in and say might not be on for a week or so. Going on vacation. Place has got a gym with free weights so will still be hitting it. Be nice to run where it's not freezing cold also. Been slacking on my cardio as it is. Anyway y'all take care and I'll post if I can.
Ringo123 (12-06-2018)
Old 12-06-2018, 07:41 AM   #195 (permalink)

Enjoy butcher!

Yoga today. Still sick some. Oh well, it could be worse. Always something to be grateful for.
SnazzyDresser (Yesterday)
Old 12-07-2018, 07:59 AM   #196 (permalink)

Yoga yesterday. Felt so good. Still slightly sick.
SnazzyDresser (Yesterday)
Old 12-08-2018, 09:19 AM   #197 (permalink)

Howdy all! Chest today after a long day yesterday in air ports.... Chest went pretty good. Even got kinda heavy even though not used to the bench. Went for a about a mile run after that along the beach. Holy cow running on sand is hard! I'm whooped now. Will need to run allot more with how the food is down here. Allot of hangovers around here today, sure as helk don't miss having one of those!! Anyway tommorow is gonnna be arms. Y'all take care!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to butcher70 For This Useful Post:
Ringo123 (Yesterday), SnazzyDresser (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:06 AM   #198 (permalink)
sober style

I posted here a few weeks ago about my feet problems, which were keeping me from my beloved 4-6 mile walk every morning. It turns out that my shoes weren't to blame, I evidently have a mild case of gout! Mine seems to be triggered by the dehydration I get careless about more than any specific food triggers, and it's now fairly under control, thank God. So I'm back out on the trail every day, just the best thing in the world, out there in the fresh air and nature. I generally see a few deer a day on this greenway trail I frequent, it's really awesome.
SnazzyDresser is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to SnazzyDresser For This Useful Post:
Ringo123 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM   #199 (permalink)

Butcher, yeah, I don't miss those hangovers either. So grateful.

Snazzy, I remember reading about your long walks. Drink that water! That's what I have to tell myself. Glad to hear you're back enjoying the outdoors.

The cold from Hades is almost gone. Blowing my nose a bit but no more hacking and coughing. Very grateful. Spin at 11am followed by yoga.
Old Yesterday, 01:21 PM   #200 (permalink)

Hey all! Ringo glad your finally kicking that cold!! Did deadlifts yesterday. Kinda got uncomfortable doing then as I looked up I had an audience. I definitely don't like being the center of attention. Went ok but all the plate weight this place has is 400. Did shoulders today and ran afterwards. Only ran a mile each time but that's been enough. Snazzy take care of that gout. Have a bud who gets flare ups of it. Rough deal. Anyway y'all take care and have a good night!