Blogs

Bulletproof coffee, & other things :)

Old 08-03-2018, 05:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Bulletproof coffee, & other things :)

I am really, truly, thoroughly enjoying my first mug of authentic bulletproof coffee. There's so much more in this mug than simple ingredients. These are very high-quality ingredients that came together because a good man with a passion for health had curiosity, vision and an inner drive to do more and help others.

This week I was reading random articles about Dave Asprey and his company as they came my way. I love how God/Universe/Great Spirit works this out!

The word "use" keeps coming up in meditation, for quite some time now.

Use:

to employ for some purpose; put into service; make use of.

To make use of physical, mental and energetic properties of life. To make use of connections with all things healthy that really catch my attention. To use good instincts for improving my life.

I am extremely grateful for the tweaked bulletproof recipe I've made for many years, off and on. Now I'm so grateful to feel completely at ease in choosing to do things differently. I'm becoming much more at ease with change.

I bought my first French press coffee maker by Cafe Du Chateau, Bulletproof coffee French Kick dark roast organic beans & the 32 oz. Brain Octane oil. I bought a great butter at a small resort-town market while out on a day trip yesterday, right after an Al-anon meeting in the most beautiful meeting location I've ever seen. Huge windows with artwork painted on them and absolutely stunning views.

Glad to have been at that meeting. The people were gracious, welcoming and genuine.

Glad for Bulletproof coffee. Seriously loving the good feels. Something my physical therapist and doctor both fully support! I've made appointments for a yearly check-in with them in October.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:31 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

6 days, 6 yummy large frothy cups of bulletproof coffee.

I make the version with a raw egg added in. Today I added a bit of cocoa, vanilla bean and cinnamon. Dark mocha. Sugar cravings seem to be gone.

Low-carb/high fat eating plan.

My energy level is increasing. Sustained energy through the day. Clear headed. Sleeping very well.
Old 08-26-2018, 03:42 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Could you tell us (me) more about Bulletproof coffee?

A friend of mine mentioned it recently and I don't know anything about it.
The Following User Says Thank You to columbus For This Useful Post:
Mango212 (08-27-2018)
Old 08-27-2018, 01:42 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

"Bulletproof Coffee gives three things:

1. Suppressed hunger. Brain Octane Oil balances ghrelin and CCK, your hunger hormones. You can read more about the science behind BP Coffee and hunger suppression on the Bulletproof Coffee blog.

2. Steady lasting energy. The saturated fat in grass-fed butter slows the absorption of caffeine, which gives you even energy for several hours instead of a caffeine spike and crash. No jitters, either.

3. Mental clarity. Brain Octane rapidly converts to ketones, a type of molecule that your brain uses more efficiently than carbs or sugar."

No link. It's against forum guidelines, plus heavily skewed to buying only their products.

I appreciate the company, the founder and the quality products and will be buying directly from them again.

That said, I also mix it up with whatever I have handy or by gut instinct. I don't drink this everyday. I do love it when I do.

Basically it's a high quality cup of coffee + grassfed butter + MCT oil. I add a raw egg for extra nutrients & the frothiness. Blender tends to work best to really whip things together, yet, again, I go with what I've got. Sometimes it's a good tea with a couple pats of good butter at a favorite coffeeshop.

Brain Octane is like taking MCT oil up a bunch of steps.

MCT oil is a medium-chain triglyceride. Its fatty acids have a shorter chain length, which means that it is more quickly absorbed by the body. One source of medium-chain triglycerides is coconut oil. Coconut oil is made up of about 65% MCT oil. Often times, instead of consuming coconut oil to increase their intake, people will use pure MCT oil- which can easily be extracted.

Benefits of MCT Oil

Instant Energy– Due to its ability to be broken down and absorbed by the body rather quickly, MCT oil provides an instant energy kick.

Brain Health– A good percentage of your brain is made up of fatty acids. In order to keep your brain running properly and stay sharp as you age, it’s a good idea to include healthy fats into your diet. Medium-chain triglycerides are believed to be one of the best.

Hormone Balance– Fats play an important role in the production and balance of hormones. MCT oil is shown to support healthy hormone levels in the body.

Heart Protection– Research has shown that MCT oil can help prevent metabolic syndrome. By preventing metabolic syndrome, people are less likely to become obese and therefore have a decreased risk for developing cardiovascular disease.

Digestion– MCT oil can serve multiple purposes in the digestive system. One, it is great at balancing bacteria in the gut. Two, it allows fat-soluble nutrients to be absorbed and utilized by the body.

Weight Loss– MCTs are believed to assist the body in producing ketones. When your body is in a state of ketosis, it means that it is running off fats for fuel. Instead of running off glucose stores for energy, your body burns fat.
Old 08-27-2018, 01:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Life is good

This upgraded Bulletproof coffee provides all of the same health benefits as the original Bulletproof coffee, along with collagen protein. Collagen protein can significantly help cut down on hunger cravings, so you can resist snacking and stay energized.

Ingredients:

1-2 cups brewed hot coffee (organic arabica beans recommended)
1-2 tbsp grass-fed butter
1-2 tbsp coconut oil
10-40 grams of collagen protein

Directions

1. Mix coffee, butter, and coconut oil together.

2. Add collagen protein and stir until combined.

My recipe is often similar to this, with an egg added. Sometimes I add cinnamon. Blender is much better than stirred. Just sayin'.

More on collagen protein:

"Primarily found in the skin, muscles, and connective tissues of animals, collagen is a strong, elastic, structural protein made from the amino acids proline, glycine, arginine, and hydroxyproline. Made by specialized cells called fibroblasts, collagen makes up 1/3rd of all the protein found in the human body. Collagen production decreases with age and can also be influenced by factors such as stress, diet, and activity level."

Bone broth is fabulous. It's also something I rarely take the time to make. Collagen protein is my go-to bone broth substitute. Bone broth recipe & more collagen info:

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5...b046ea176aedc3
Old 09-10-2018, 04:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hmmmm.. I wouldn't want to suppress my hunger cravings, but regular coffee does that too. The other benefits of bulletproof coffee seem like the same as regular coffee. Or am I misunderstanding? Just by adding butter or ghee to my regular coffee makes it bulletproof?
Old 09-18-2018, 07:55 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info, Mango!

And how important is blending compared to just stirring (which I'm currently doing)?

Is it just a taste thing?
Mango212 (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 10:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Life is good

No idea. I like the frothy/blended version with an egg added in. I also do the stirred method without an egg when I don't have a blender.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mango212 For This Useful Post:
columbus (09-19-2018)
Old 09-19-2018, 08:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I think I'll stick with just stirring.

I like seeing the melted butter on top!

;-)
Mango212 (09-20-2018)
Old 11-27-2018, 03:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Life is good

Organic bulletproof chai tea has been my go-to lately.

Every day is a little different. Opening my heart and mind to enjoying life more. Allowing God/Great Spirit/Universe to guide me in this.

Kindness to self. Inner peace. Taking things one day at a time.

As I'm having tea this afternoon, I'm appreciating the fragrance of it. The warmth. Receiving good nutrients with a grateful heart.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mango212 For This Useful Post:
columbus (02-08-2019), Upstairs (11-28-2018)
Old 01-21-2019, 11:54 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Life is good

Kindness to self. Inner peace. Taking things one day at a time.

This today, along with a slow brewed bulletproof coffee.