Blogs

Enjoying a gluten-free home

Old 05-17-2018, 10:34 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Life is good

Enjoying a gluten-free home

Prayer. Meditation. Awareness.

I've eaten gluten-free on and off for decades. My last round of eating gluten, in order to get tested, was miserable. I gratefully accepted the diagnosis of suspected celiac disease more than 2 years ago.

It was recently brought to me that I've been taking risks with my health with continued exposure to gluten. I was pushed out of my comfort zone by my Higher Power, talked to my husband about having a gluten-free home, we prayed about it and things naturally fell into place.

Cleaning out the kitchen was more intense than I had anticipated. I prayed. I trusted. I had to use my voice in new ways. I accepted I wasn't going to do this perfectly. Some things that were thrown out or donated to a thrift store were new.

My husband and I shopped together for new and fun things for the kitchen. We prayed together first. I had let go of control of this and was asking for help. From my family and God.

It's been a few weeks now, and it's transformed this house for me. This is huge. Physically, mentally, spiritually.

It's also been a fabulous experience in allowing new things to come into my life. In letting material things go. Letting these things be transient.

Thank you, God. Thank you, God. Thank you, God.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Life is good

I appreciate the honesty I see in other people's posts and the honesty I've gained in my own life.

An update is due here. Also an acknowledgment in this moment of the good experiences I posted above.

I'm no longer home. My husband relapsed. Alcoholism is back, full force. I asked for help from my blind neighbor and the police. My husband sat down on the couch and smiled as I left with our son.

One foot in front of the other. Let go & let God.

Thank you, God, for showing me how to let material things be transient.
Old 05-31-2018, 06:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Life is good

Fitness, health, nutrition have been at the forefront each day this week. Physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.
Old 08-27-2018, 03:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Life is good

Fitness, health, nutrition have been at the forefront each day this week. Physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually.

My focus is here, again.

#thankyougod

I'm going to be alright.

I'm tired of getting glutened. This is beyond me. Praying about it, letting go, letting God. Expecting good things to come about. Digging deeper into my recovery tools.

#newdirections