Blogs

New Diet

Old 08-12-2016, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

New Diet

Hi everyone!

I am going through a stressful time right now and my doctor has recommended that I change my diet to help my body have lower stress, anxiety, and depression. I am on medications for bipolar type 2 disorder, anxiety and depression.

So today I have started my new diet of eliminating dairy, carbs, and refined sugars.

Has anyone else tried this diet for depression, anxiety, depression, or just in general? I am wondering if anyone has had any positive experiences or anything in general to say about this diet.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful night!

Adeline.
The Following User Says Thank You to AdelineRose For This Useful Post:
Soberwolf (08-14-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 04:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi! My husband and I have been doing the whole30, which eliminates sugar, legumes, dairy, grains, and alcohol for 30 days, then reintroduces each group (as you like) gradually, separated by more clean eating, so you can see and feel how each group affects your overall health.

In addition to a general improvement in how we feel physically, my moods have stabilized dramatically and I have felt more focused and confident. My husband reports better sleep as well. And we haven't felt deprived or unsatisfied at all. I have struggled with compulsive eating and body dysmorphia my entire adult life and the whole30 has helped me focus more on feeling good than in any number on a scale or measuring tape. The program is outlined online for free (though we bought the book for the basic recipes).

With any new meal plan, the amount of time and prep work needed to follow it should be accounted for so expectations are managed appropriately. Good luck!
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to SparkleKitty For This Useful Post:
AdelineRose (08-13-2016), maloneshawn32 (08-15-2016), Soberwolf (08-14-2016)
Old 08-13-2016, 11:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Thanks for the info I will definitely check out Whole30, I am always up to new ideas and plans. I believe that you have to keep trying things until you find out what is the best for your body. Sometimes it takes awhile to find that exact diet, but if you don't give up you will eventually find one that cliques with you.

I am happy you and your husband have had such positive results! That is great, and a true life testament that your diet really does affect overall health. Hearing your feedback motivates me to continue on this journey to achieving the best overall health I can
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to AdelineRose For This Useful Post:
maloneshawn32 (08-15-2016), Soberwolf (08-14-2016)
Old 08-15-2016, 12:41 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I have had great success with following a paleo diet. I sleep better, have more energy and just a better overall healthy feeling. I wish you well with the new diet. Keep a few chocolate kisses on you, helps with cravings. That or diabetic chocolate- Shawn