Blogs

So many addictions.

Old 09-01-2015, 04:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink So many addictions.

While street drugs and alcohol are rightly seen as dangerous and addictive the issues don't quite end there.
I saw a doco a few nights back relating to the great dangers in the over consumption of sugar. Obesity, diabetes, rotting teeth in kids etc are becoming endemic in some countries
Sugar is virtually everywhere and the profit motive tends to engage suppliers, more than health issues.
A look at the carbs and sugar content of all packaged food is a good place to start, with moderation a key goal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bubovski For This Useful Post:
Jeni26 (09-02-2015), Shining~Again (09-02-2015), zerothehero (09-11-2015)
Old 09-01-2015, 11:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I agree that sugar, whether raw, in sweets, or as refined carbs, is nasty on the body and addictive. I found it almost as hard on me as alcohol. I've cut way back but it's hard to get away from completely.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to advbike For This Useful Post:
Bubovski (09-02-2015), zerothehero (09-11-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 12:17 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I agree with the sugar obsession but also junk food in general , i mean unhealthy processed food . I crave savoury stuff like pies , pastries , cheese ,bread , chorizo ,salami pizza to name but a few . I've cut out 95 percent of fizzy pop even the diet no sugar stuff .
Ive decided to buy a juicer so watch this space haha . I don,t want to over do the dieting though as my sobriety comes first and I know through past experience that severe dieting makes me depressed and thats the last thing I want so as they say in AA " easy does it "

Take care
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to hpdw For This Useful Post:
Bubovski (09-02-2015), zerothehero (09-11-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 05:47 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

[QUOTE=Tam.S;5538771]I agree with the sugar obsession but also junk food in general , i mean unhealthy processed food . I crave savoury stuff like pies , pastries , cheese ,bread , chorizo ,salami pizza to name but a few . I've cut out 95 percent of fizzy pop even the diet no sugar stuff .
Ive decided to buy a juicer so watch this space haha . I don,t want to over do the dieting though as my sobriety comes first and I know through past experience that severe dieting makes me depressed and thats the last thing I want so as they say in AA " easy does it "

Take care[/QUOTE>>>>>sorry double post, must be getting near lunch time.
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubovski For This Useful Post:
zerothehero (09-11-2015)
Old 09-02-2015, 05:49 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Cool

[QUOTE=Bubovski;5540017]
Originally Posted by Tam.S View Post
I agree with the sugar obsession but also junk food in general , i mean unhealthy processed food . I crave savoury stuff like pies , pastries , cheese ,bread , chorizo ,salami pizza to name but a few . I've cut out 95 percent of fizzy pop even the diet no sugar stuff .

Take care[/QUOTE
Yep! a good all round approach......of course we need to proritize our worst demons
The Following User Says Thank You to Bubovski For This Useful Post:
zerothehero (09-11-2015)
Old 09-11-2015, 04:42 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
waking down

I'm treating abstinence from refined sugar as part of my recovery. Last cookie was July 24!!! Other than catching a cold last week I feel better, and good about being able to say no. Just say no to donuts.