Blogs

Who am I

Old 08-02-2014, 02:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hillbilly Girl

Who am I

I'm Mary....an alcoholic. Alcohol My friend & enemy of 30+ years. I am not your ordinary Mom & Gram I started my fitness Journey 4 years ago, top of the list, as a means to stay sober. Alcoholic journey started 30+ years, but was "sat" on a lot as a single Mom.

I haven't remained sober, but weight training & outdoor & other cardio have been pretty consistent for me during this last 4 years. Although many many slips I have maintained my weight training program....mostly.

This is something I have had an interest in since I was in 20's but have been busy with boy's now 30, 20 & 15....& alcohol & relationships with alcoholics to fill my time....I now have time to do this, and I am & love it!

My 4 years of consistency is paying off - I am a Gram with "guns"....and feel better about the way I look now than in my lat 30's & through mid 40's, am no longer on high blood pressure medication or pre-diabetic. Yet it has not kept me sober. My inside does not match.

How do I, as a women of 51 years old "buff girl" (with freckles): and a pretty straight smile who still feels like the soooo awkward....like a little red headed, bucked tooth, freckled face girl.....How do I feel comfortable in "My own skin".
The Following User Says Thank You to MariahGayle For This Useful Post:
Ghostly (08-02-2014)
Old 08-02-2014, 07:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

I don't know Mariah but you seem pretty dam cool to me. Congrats on your successes, and good luck finding what you are looking for.