Blogs

Whole 30 August Challenge

Old 08-11-2014, 06:23 AM
  # 141 (permalink)  

Lmao UD....thanks for the laugh!

I love my condiments too, Kahlia. I'm a condiment freak.

I guess, it's just for 30 days. Since I've given up alcohol for such a long time, the sauce thing was ok.

I missed soy for the first couple of days, but all good now.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Croissant For This Useful Post:
ultradad (08-11-2014), Youngaddictionwarrior (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 06:29 AM
  # 142 (permalink)  

There's actually a lot of 'sauces' you can make on your own that are sugar free; ketchup, hot-sauce and even mayo! Close to the bottom of this page is a list of sauce recipes:

SAUCE RECIPES
The Following User Says Thank You to ultradad For This Useful Post:
Youngaddictionwarrior (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 06:55 AM
  # 143 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
There's actually a lot of 'sauces' you can make on your own that are sugar free; ketchup, hot-sauce and even mayo! Close to the bottom of this page is a list of sauce recipes:

SAUCE RECIPES
Thanks UD. Are you considering doing the Whole 30 Kahlia?

Yes, maybe in the later weeks re sauces for me. I'm happy to go simple for now - I can easily overeat on that stuff so I'd rather reign in as much as I can early on. I've made mayo and guac and a tomato sauce, but it's a basic sauce I made, I'd end up sweetening with fruit and that is dangerous for me. I'm really conscious that sugar is the whole thing I'm really screwed on. A little Banana and apple were a concession to get me through.

As an aside, this snacking but would not quit at me tonight. Felt a bit meh with no snacks. Had my lemon water which normally kills everything - but no!

I was pretty sedentary today, so can't justify another pattie. Croisy goes to bed sulky, lol.
The Following User Says Thank You to Croissant For This Useful Post:
ultradad (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 06:59 AM
  # 144 (permalink)  

Sweet dreams Croisy : )
Old 08-11-2014, 10:59 AM
  # 145 (permalink)  

I so much want to end this. A lot of work involved. Just got back from shore and don't feel like cooking. Raw broccoli some small tomatoes, celery and a little leftover chicken breast from the beach. Beach lunch was chicken breast with eggplant/tomato/onion thing and raw cauliflower. And cashews. Plus avocado.
I am not going to get into making fancy sauces or ghee or anything else. I am going to eat what I have available until I need to make a grocery run. My aunt/uncle thought I was out of my mind watching what I ate. Waitress did a good job last night making sure my dinner made the cut. Cob salad with a few missing ingredients and grilled mahi - just grilled mahi with blacken seasons. Very little season. Cob salad had half of an avocado and some other goodies. I'm still complaint but a butterscotch krimpet was looking mighty good this morn...
The Following User Says Thank You to LBrain For This Useful Post:
ultradad (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 05:00 PM
  # 146 (permalink)  

Funny, after being so crazy for a snack last night, and almost feeling hungry before bed, I did not wake up hungry at all!

I think the cooking itself can become tiresome, LBrain, that's why personally, making a good batch of patties lasts me a couple of days. I did feel like I was washing up all the time last week, but to be honest, I used to buy my breakfast or zap my oats in a microwave, so that was one less meal in the kitchen perse.

I think day 11 was a bit of a "hump" day for me also, especially last night with the snack demon on my back.

I'm just trying to ignore the negative voice, to me, it's like the AV, trying to sabotage my efforts. I don't think everyone should feel pressured to participate LBrain (and Lilac, where are you?), so absolutely your choice if you want to continue.

For me, I have to lose weight anyway as it's affecting my Health and I can't go back to eating chocolate every night. This is the first thing I've stuck at for 6 months and I can't afford to be complacent and think it's OK just to give up on my commitment to myself.
ultradad (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 05:04 PM
  # 147 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

hmmmmm maaayyyybbeeee looks pretty scary lol. I generally eat really healthy small portions anyways its just I love my tea, ginger beer and sauces :-/ I only have dairy when I drink tea or rarely have a yoghurt, I hate carbs and nuts and legumes I stay away from cause they are a high fat content. my favourite snack used to be dry roasted pumpkin seeds and sunflower seeds until I tracked the calories and almost fainted lol.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Youngaddictionwarrior For This Useful Post:
Croissant (08-11-2014), ultradad (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 05:28 PM
  # 148 (permalink)  

Yeah, I think today is a bit of a hump day for me too! The last few days I've been really hungry at night, but I think that's due to getting home late and all. I also think that's been my 'sugar' craving problem. Today I had to get up earlier and have been running on about 6 hours sleep instead of my normal 8-9! Managed to get in 3 healthy meals and still ran 10 miles. Feeling good and plan on getting to bed earlier too.

Brain, I hope you stick it out, I know it can be a bit tedious, but in the end I think it'll be worth it!

Today's breakfast was scrambled eggs, prosciutto and an apple. Lunch was grilled chicken breast, potatoes and prosciutto. Dinner was baked salmon with collard greens. Snacked on a few almonds after dinner.

Day 11.jpg

Almost half way there lovely people!
Croissant (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 05:33 PM
  # 149 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

yum that food does look great
The Following User Says Thank You to Youngaddictionwarrior For This Useful Post:
ultradad (08-11-2014)
Old 08-11-2014, 05:41 PM
  # 150 (permalink)  

Kahlia,

Feel free to join in, you're only a little over a week behind us and the way it works you can start anytime : )
Old 08-11-2014, 05:54 PM
  # 151 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

thankyou :-) I like looking at the foods and posts. I think im mentally working myself up to it lol
Old 08-11-2014, 06:24 PM
  # 152 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by kahlia01 View Post
thankyou :-) I like looking at the foods and posts. I think im mentally working myself up to it lol
I think it helps to think about what you want to get out of it - after all, if you don't have a goal, when it gets tough it's easy to give up.

For me, it was attacking my addiction to chocolate head on and wanting to lose weight.

I barely ate chocolate a year ago, in fact I ate very healthily when I stopped drinking. To be honest, even after the 30 days is over, I'll probably keep going with it.
Old 08-11-2014, 06:37 PM
  # 153 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Im one of the lucky people in this world who is not a big fan on sweets thank god!!!

at an all you can eat buffet dessert for me is fresh seafood lol. I just had an interesting lunch.
snow pea sprouts with smoked tuna and mint chilli/riata lol
Old 08-11-2014, 06:38 PM
  # 154 (permalink)  

Im one of the lucky people in this world who is not a big fan on sweets thank god!!!

at an all you can eat buffet dessert for me is fresh seafood lol. I just had an interesting lunch.
snow pea sprouts with smoked tuna and mint chilli/riata lol
That's an early lunch, Kahlia!
Old 08-11-2014, 06:44 PM
  # 155 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

well its breakfast and lunch lol ill probably have a miso soup at 3pm and rib eye steak with 1/2 corn on the cob and salad with avocado for dinner. When I fought with my partner a month ago after my drunken head hitting incident I stayed at my mums while I was recovering and getting help and hardly ate so my stomach has shrunk so much. What part of Sydney are you from ? I grew up in Bondi Junction :-)
Old 08-11-2014, 08:24 PM
  # 156 (permalink)  

well its breakfast and lunch lol ill probably have a miso soup at 3pm and rib eye steak with 1/2 corn on the cob and salad with avocado for dinner. When I fought with my partner a month ago after my drunken head hitting incident I stayed at my mums while I was recovering and getting help and hardly ate so my stomach has shrunk so much. What part of Sydney are you from ? I grew up in Bondi Junction :-)
I'm from Brisbane, Kahlia.

I live in Sydney now.
Old 08-11-2014, 08:31 PM
  # 157 (permalink)  
Unknown300864

Oh nice :-)
Old 08-12-2014, 05:04 AM
  # 158 (permalink)  

Well day 12 done.

Still didn't feel 100% satisfied tonight. Not sure why. Maybe a hump, as I said.

Funny, it's not like I felt like anything in particular to eat, no cravings. I think it's just the 3 meals and you're done thing. No grazing. Of course, grazing is what got me into this! So just a little push/pull point for healthier habits, I guess.

I'm definitely calmer.

Really tired again today. Just tonight. So, bed soon.

HAVE A GREAT DAY 12 ALL!
ultradad (08-12-2014)
Old 08-12-2014, 05:39 AM
  # 159 (permalink)  

Have a good nights rest Croissant! At this point I'm so over eggs : ) I got a out my can of tuna, sweet potato and was bout to make me some patties when I thought, I best check just in case and sure enough; SOY! WHO and WHY would you put soy in a can of tuna!!! Anyways, on to plan B...making some liver and potatoes, just not in a real egg mood this morning! Only 7 hours of sleep, that's gotta change!
Youngaddictionwarrior (08-12-2014)
Old 08-12-2014, 05:45 AM
  # 160 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ultradad View Post
Have a good nights rest Croissant! At this point I'm so over eggs : ) I got a out my can of tuna, sweet potato and was bout to make me some patties when I thought, I best check just in case and sure enough; SOY!
I don't know why it's so prevalent there? Only one can I saw had soy, but it was supposed to be flavoured.

Do you mean even the tuna packed in springwater has soy?

I assume they have springwater packed tuna over there? I even saw a can from the states with no soy?

I've bought both brine and springwater tuna - none had soy?

I forgot to buy eggs today. :/