Blogs

Health scares

Old 02-25-2014, 01:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Health scares

Has anyone had a health scare due to their drinking?

I may be a bit of a hypochondriac, but I started having some ailments and upon researching, discovered that I may be suffering from symptoms of alcoholic hepatitis. I really have no idea and I know that they say its best not to self-diagnose and obsesses over the possibility of a problem without answers, but I can't help but wonder. I also do not have health insurance so it's not like I can just go and get it checked out. Its been one of the reasons I have wanted to cut back on drinking, if not stop altogether.

All of the literature has said that if you stop drinking and give the liver time to heal itself, you can reverse a lot of problems, granted you do it "in time" and haven't caused enough damage by that point, which is the hope and faith I am banking upon and what I have been praying about. I have had mental health problems in the past that did not manifest themselves into life-threatening or long-term physical problems (to be read a nasty eating disorder and somehow managed to forego complications), so I know my body is resilient, but I am not willing to risk developing cirrhosis (but somehow I was willing to risk total body failure for an eating disorder? hmm...I'm clearly in a better state now).

Any input would be valuable. Thank you for listening.
The Following User Says Thank You to FlygirlJ For This Useful Post:
KateL (02-27-2014)
Old 02-27-2014, 08:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaah we like to make a mountain out of a mole hill.

Best to consult with a doctor to get a true honest sense of your health condition rather then self diagnosing from information lifted off of the internet.

Its like going to an AA meeting and taking what everyone has to say as the real deal, 100% truthful when all they are doing is regurgitating information they know nothing about, have no personal connection to it and are just spoutting it off to look good in front of the group. To make it look like they got it all together. We are a funny breed arent we.