Blogs

Healthy Eating Support Group Part 9

Old 12-23-2013, 04:18 AM
  # 81 (permalink)  
LDT

Hi endlesspatience! Welcome aboard!

Well, the chocolate covered pecans are finally gone... I got rid of them.... They are safely in my stomach . If only the rest of the sweets would disappear as well. I think I've maxed myself out on sugar this holiday season. My body is saying to me I really will not be able to eat the peanut butter fudge my mother will bring to lunch today ( as she does every year at Christmas ). ..... Well, maybe just one piece. .....seriously though, my joints have started to hurt again. It's a miracle I haven't gained any weight .....December 26th my friends.....back on my food wagon ( H is as well).

Am I not the biggest hypocrite for turning someone onto Paleo/Primal eating this week? I did make the disclaimer that I was in the holiday eating mode, though.

Where is my partner in crime, joygirl? No doubt in a Twinkie coma.

Today, for an early Christmas lunch with my parental units, we will make Fish Sauce Picante and this delicious bread called Spedini ( its my daughters favorite ).....Sadly, my dog will not be able to steal my mother's Christmas Ham off her plate again this year. (I was sort of looking forward to that party game again.)

Hope you guys are good. Ghostly....have you received the pony I shipped up there for your little girl?
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to LDT For This Useful Post:
Ghostly (12-23-2013), Gilmer (12-25-2013), mecanix (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 09:40 AM
  # 82 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Hey everyone ,
hit 18 st 3 lbs briefly today .. but had a fried breakfast with the young guys from work and this evening am having belly pork slices .. also had 2 bananas .. so up and down .. I recon by new year or the first week i'll break the 18 st … (18 x 14) = 252 lbs

going to make turkey dinner tomorrow but i'll skip the spuds (potatoes) all gifts of chocolate will be passed on to the guys at work .

Happy christmas , m
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to mecanix For This Useful Post:
Ghostly (12-24-2013), Gilmer (12-25-2013), LDT (12-24-2013)
Old 12-24-2013, 05:51 PM
  # 83 (permalink)  
LDT

Hey Heaters,

Just wanted to once again wish you all a very.

I can't wait to see y'all on the other side of all this holiday eating!

Peace!
Ghostly (12-24-2013), Gilmer (12-25-2013), mecanix (12-25-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 05:14 AM
  # 84 (permalink)  

Mecanix, I admire your resolve, I would slip and battle back and slip and battle back, but in the last week I've just completely blown a gasket foodwise. I'm looking forward to the new year (or even tomorrow). I just baked the last of the cookies, and they'll be finished off by evening (hopefully by everybody else--I've already had more than my share).
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Gilmer For This Useful Post:
Ghostly (12-25-2013), LDT (12-25-2013), mecanix (12-25-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 06:39 AM
  # 85 (permalink)  
LDT

Merry Christmas Heaters!

Peanut butter fudge has been my undoing this holiday. I want it gone .....Can't wait for tomorrow. Bring on the green smoothies again!

We had our big Christmas Eve dinner last night, so today I have a Cincinnati Chili simmering in the crockpot for later. Thats as much cooking as I'm doing today. There is leftover smoked turkey and prime rib in the fridge as well. We are not lacking for food

Hope y'all have a wonderful Christmas Day!
Ghostly (12-25-2013), Gilmer (12-25-2013), mecanix (12-25-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 07:16 AM
  # 86 (permalink)  

I could go for some Cincinnati Chili right now! Sounds like a great Christmas meal! I had 84 Mexican Wedding Cakes sitting out at 8am. My younger daughter just took the last one at 10am! My family is like a swarm of locusts--and my oldest and her family didn't even get any!
Ghostly (12-25-2013), LDT (12-25-2013), mecanix (12-25-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 10:02 AM
  # 87 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

Well one box of chockies were given so thats gonna be easy to pass on …
touched the 18st 252 today … a christmas miracle when i stepped on the scales this afternoon , ( no breakfast and working all day i guess ) so i'll be back up after the big dinner i've just had … the saw tooth is going the right way by next week i should be regularly touching 18st .. I will be so excited to wave goodbye to the 18 st / 250lbs+

so 225 is the next milestone which is just over 16st in british old money … maybe 10 to 14 weeks away as long as i stick with it .

Bestwishes, m
Ghostly (12-25-2013), Gilmer (12-26-2013), LDT (12-25-2013)
Old 12-25-2013, 10:12 PM
  # 88 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
Gohstly ,
as long as you get back to the good path soon , i have to be strict with myself because once i go off the rails i end up in the ditch flat on my back .. moderation doesn't seem to be part of my personality much as i might wish it were.
Thanks for the support.

Well, Christmas is over. I'm sure many of us that celebrate Christmas went through some odd family get togethers. Hopefully we enjoyed other family encounters.

I didn't eat horrible. I broke a lot of my food guidelines, but not horrible. That was until Christmas day when I saw a present Santa had left for me, two half pound Reece's Peanut Butter cups...so a total of a pound of Reece's PEanut Butter Cups.. I wasn't going to eat them, but then ended up eating 3/4 of them. I don't mean 3/4 of each, I ate a total one then over half a second.

However, I am, feeling positive. We got a new skillet for Christmas. We have an indoor grill that was re-discovered we can use. Plus I got some ideas for some new foods. That sweet potato mash was great, put jalapenos in them. So that's a great side to have. I feel I am ready to get back on track, not tomorrow, but today...right now.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Ghostly For This Useful Post:
Gilmer (12-26-2013), LDT (12-26-2013), mecanix (12-26-2013)
Old 12-26-2013, 08:26 AM
  # 89 (permalink)  
LDT

I Woke up with a smashing migraine...at least its not a hangover. I ate a piece of boudin for breakfast ........ But I have soup for lunch and will make pork stuffed zucchinis (sans rice) for dinner. I just bought a ton of fresh blackberries that were on sale, SUPER cheap, at my market. I felt I had struck gold. I have a recipe for Paleo blackberry cobbler that I am going to try out this weekend......Getting back in the groove, folks.

Yesterday was the laziest day I've had in my whole life. After opening presents we all laid around on couches in sweats and PJs, watched 6 movies, and ate whatever the heck we wanted to. None of us feel too incredible today, though. We must pay to play (where have I heard that one before?)

Hope all of us heaters had an awesome Christmas!
Ghostly (12-26-2013), Gilmer (12-27-2013), mecanix (12-26-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 04:13 AM
  # 90 (permalink)  
LDT

Good morning heaters!

What's up in the post-Christmas eating world? I keep thinking I am going to wake up and have gained 10 pounds from all my crappy Holiday eating. But I haven't, so that can only mean one thing......I have just 6 weeks to live . ( sort of a sick family joke we play to the hilt ).

Ghostly..... You didn't tell us about your little girl's Santa experience. Was it wonderful?.....A skillet for Christmas sounds perfect to me....I bought my H a small-medium size oval magnalite roasting pot. Doesn't that sound romantic? We had been looking for one and pricing them ( because they are stupidly expensive ). We even went to a.....(ahem).... PAWN SHOP , to see if we could get one cheaper. We found one but it was also ridiculously priced USED.....didn't buy it .....But one day right before Christmas I just said screw it, I'm going to go buy that damn pot, NEW... I justified the purchase because I had played a church Christmas gig and, low and behold....my extra check was almost to the penny the exact price of that new pot. So I bought the brand new oval pot, just what H wanted. .....Do I get 'Wife of the Year' award, or what?

Mecanix, you keep losing weight and you will waste away .....congrats on your effort and results, friend!
Ghostly (12-27-2013), Gilmer (12-27-2013), mecanix (12-27-2013)
Old 12-27-2013, 10:50 PM
  # 91 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

For some reason my daughter is not buying into Santa. She does believe in Rudolph though. So, Christmas Eve, we put carrots on the deck, and there were footprints on the deck in the snow (LDT - Snow is white cold stuff that occurs where good cooks live).

Now, I do have two dogs that could be bribed with treats into going on the deck, where they could walk over the deck where angel food cake was thrown, creating prints that look very much like reindeer prints in a childs eye...However, of course, it was Rudolph and one of his friends that made those prints. So, yes, we had a lot of fun, and she is adorable, amazing and the most beautiful thing in the world.

Yes, LDT...you do win wife of the year, and you are a hopeless romantic!
Gilmer (12-28-2013), LDT (12-27-2013), mecanix (12-30-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 04:47 AM
  # 92 (permalink)  
LDT

Oh Rudolf is very, very good, too! I love the carrot idea, too! Clever, Ghostly....And I know your daughter is the most amazing thing in the world. I can tell. . I believed in Santa until my family moved one year to Turkey. I was 8 years old. It took us so long to fly there, over so much water and so many mountains, I started asking questions......How could Santa possibly get all the way over HERE in just one night...... Answer? He couldn't....And the Easter Bunny, too? Nope.....Not even the tooth fairy? ...That was the hardest geography lesson of my life. Hope your daughter believes in Santa/Rudolph forever and ever.

Well Heaters ( what's left of us ), it's my year sober birthday today. I had 18 months before, planned a relapsed, failed miserably, then started all over again. Think I'll celebrate by not drinking. . I often think if I can NOT drink this past insane year, then I can get through pretty much anything. The AV came knocking several times in the last 365 days, but I didn't let him in. This time last year ( well, yesterday actually ), I was in the E.R. For the 3rd and final time in 3 months. My heart was breaking and I knew I was finally done.

I know this is not a thread for "mushy" sentiment, but honestly, reading about others who are persevering with healthy eating, losing weight ( like Mecanix ), getting physical, and just generally trying to improve themselves, is helping me to stay sober. So I say a big fat . For inspiring me, and for occasionally kicking me in the a$$..... Thanks especially to Ghostly for starting this thread. I know we're in a lull right now, but we know it will pick back up after the New Year, when everyone realizes they ate a little too much fruitcake over the holiday.

I will celebrate my sober Bday today by running in the park. I'm still aiming for that Race for Recovery this year. My son ( who runs half marathons) gave me some great tips for training.

Have a great weekend Heaters!
Ghostly (12-28-2013), Gilmer (12-28-2013), mecanix (12-30-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 06:35 AM
  # 93 (permalink)  

Congratulations on your year, LDT! Have a great day running!

I brought my walking shoes. It's supposed to be 57 F today, so I plan to get out and walk today. I haven't exercised since before Thanksgiving. I'm hoping that if I make myself accountable by telling you guys here that I actually won't end up blowing it off this time!
Ghostly (12-28-2013), LDT (12-28-2013), mecanix (12-30-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 01:36 PM
  # 94 (permalink)  

Today I made a double portion of Cha Cha's White Chicken Chili with my turkey leftovers. I omit the jalapenos and add extra cayenne. I also add a touch of salt.

Cha Cha's White Chicken Chili Recipe - Allrecipes.com
Ghostly (12-28-2013), LDT (12-28-2013), mecanix (12-30-2013)
Old 12-28-2013, 09:45 PM
  # 95 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Congrats LDT! So cool, and you are a very inspiring lady!

Hope you got out for that walk Gilmer.
Gilmer (12-29-2013), LDT (12-28-2013), mecanix (12-30-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 01:07 AM
  # 96 (permalink)  

Umm--uhh--maybe when the rain stops today? When I wasn't cooking yesterday, I sat and surfed and watched dumb movies on TV!
Ghostly (12-29-2013), LDT (12-29-2013), mecanix (12-30-2013)
Old 12-29-2013, 11:54 AM
  # 97 (permalink)  
LDT

For lunch today: Grilled chicken thighs, steamed carrots with organic honey, Paleo baked eggplant breaded with almond flour and Parmesan cheese, grilled Romaine salad. The whole lunch was the healthiest complete meal we've cooked since Thanksgiving.

For dinner tonight: Rueben Crepes. My H decided to skip the traditional Sunday night Pizza in favor of the Crepes. He's already made his homemade Thousand Island dressing for them.

I didn't run yesterday ....way too cold for this swamp lady. I can run in million degree heat. But don't dare ask me to run when it's in the 30s and overcast.
Ghostly (12-29-2013), Gilmer (12-29-2013), mecanix (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 11:49 AM
  # 98 (permalink)  
That bell or bike person

I got a belated christmas present from my cousin of a HUGE bar of chocolate … got to be 1kg in weight … I've kept it in my bag and will be giving it to the guys at work on thursday as i will the other box of chocolates (unless mum wants them ) … This new regime stops for nothing or no-body .
I did have 2 potatoe's and two parsnip's for christmas and i got slow bodily transit times because of it .

!8 st 5lbs so some gain , but my christmas morning surprise was a bit of a dehydration and not much eating the 24 hrs before fluke . I fully expect to crack the 18 st in the next 14 days ..
bestwishes, m
Ghostly (12-30-2013), Gilmer (12-30-2013), LDT (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 01:15 PM
  # 99 (permalink)  
LDT

Breakfast: Nada
Lunch: hamburger without the bun
Dinner tonight: shrimp salad. Raw ice cream for dessert.

Back in the saddle!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to LDT For This Useful Post:
Ghostly (12-30-2013), mecanix (12-30-2013)
Old 12-30-2013, 08:34 PM
  # 100 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Originally Posted by mecanix View Post
I've kept it in my bag and will be giving it to the guys at work on thursday as i will the other box of chocolates (unless mum wants them ) This new regime stops for nothing or no-body .
I used to be so good at this. I refused it, gave it away or threw it away. Lately I've been giving in too much. Not cuz of guilt or not wanting to be rude...I just want to eat the food!

Saturday was an epic day of eating disorder proportions (I'm not making light of eating disorders...I literally mean that). A Holiday get together. Last year I was so disciplined...but at a couple this year I gave in. Saturday it was such a classic case of one thing leads to another. I mean seriously, if anyone knew I ate all that they would be shocked. I could have kept going too.

Last couple days have been better.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostly For This Useful Post:
LDT (12-30-2013)