Blogs

My Gym "Sponsor"

Old 09-30-2013, 01:17 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My Gym "Sponsor"

Hey so early this year I decided it would be best if I got a trainer at the gym because I tried going on my own for quite some time and I NEVER went. The trainer was good because, like having a sponsor in AA, I am held accountable for showing up and getting fit. However, when our 6 month cycle ended, I was a little afraid to re-commit because of the financials, but I did it anyway cuz he talked me into it.

Now, I'm just getting really frustrated with committing to specific times and such, and the money is really stressing me out. What should I do? Am I being a complete "alcoholic" because I am failing to commit? Am I acting out on fear, rather should I be trusting my HP? Or should I take action and be like "listen, I really can't afford this right now." I tried the money excuse but he told me ppl who work at Wendy's make it happen, don't make any excuses, Just Do It.

I feel stressed...

The Following User Says Thank You to ShaunaTee For This Useful Post:
Ghostly (09-30-2013)
Old 09-30-2013, 08:41 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Shauna Tee - IMHO, this most likely has nothing to do with being an alcoholic. Try not to be so hard on yourself. Also, try not to make it a deeper issue than it needs to be.

You need to decide if this is something you want to do, and if it something you can afford to do.

If you want to do this, and the money is the only issue, decide if you can prioritize things differently. Cut costs somewhere. However, it sounds like you cannot afford this right now. In that case, is there a cheaper alternative? A different gym or trainer? Look around and see.

Of course the trainer is going to want you to continue at their rates. That's how they make money (I'm not saying that is wrong).

You need to decide if this is something you want to do, and if so, if you can. Many people without alcohol issues go through the same thing. Good luck.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostly For This Useful Post:
phoenix299 (10-07-2013)