Blogs

Anyone read "The China Project?"

Old 03-12-2013, 06:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone read "The China Study?"

After being a vegetarian for several years, I watched "Forks Over Knives" about 6 months ago and have been vegan since. I started reading "The China Study" a couple days ago and am completely blown away. Im only 60 pages in and I can honestly say if I wasnt already vegan this book would have converted me within the first 30 pages. Anyone else read this book?
If you are skeptical of the health benefits of a vegan diet or are thinking about going vegan, I highly recommend this book. You can even read it for free if you search it at googlebooks.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to bbthumper For This Useful Post:
Ghostly (03-12-2013), Sasha4 (03-12-2013)
Old 03-12-2013, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Correction to title "The CHina Study" not "Project"
Old 03-12-2013, 07:30 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

I've read part of The China Study and have seen Forks Over Knives. I enjoy food docs, and thought FOV was interesting and enjoyable.

IMHO both the study and FOV have been satisfactorily shown to be severely flawed. I disagree with their point of views entirely. At best I think they show that eliminating many processed foods from a diet is healthy...which I do agree with.

I could post many links with information debunking the study. Then others could post many links in support of it. So, I'm not going to do that. In the end it comes down to what people choose to believe. I just suggest that people not come to any conclusions without looking and both sides...and never from a documentary.

I'm not saying a Vegan / Vegetarian diet is unhealthy. Just that the China Study and FOV certainly doesn't prove they are.

Consider watching The Perfect human Diet. A bit harder to find, but worth it.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Ghostly For This Useful Post:
bbthumper (03-12-2013), CaiHong (03-13-2013)