Blogs

Any thoughts on the Wii fit?

Old 10-01-2010, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Tryin Hard To Think Clear

Any thoughts on the Wii fit?

We are heading into the rainy season here, and it makes it tough to get outside and pound pavement without catching hypothermia.

I am thinking of buying a Wii fit to remain active and healthy. Has anybody had any experience with it? Does it help? Is it a waste or hype? Any help would be appreciated, b/c gyms around here cost a FORTUNE, and I do not have a fortune...I drank it...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Juneof44 For This Useful Post:
coffeenut (10-01-2010), jacknscoob (02-03-2011)
Old 10-01-2010, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Being Silent so I can Hear

No thoughts on the fit part, but this one made me laugh so hard I almost hurt myself:

It's not just for kids
The Following User Says Thank You to Still Waters For This Useful Post:
coffeenut (10-01-2010)
Old 10-01-2010, 07:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
6/20/08

I know people that use it and like it. With that being said....it's a lot like any other exercise equipment you buy to use at home....you gotta find ways to stay motivated.

Come to think of it, you gotta find motivation no matter what you do! :P

Welcome to the fitness forum!
Old 10-01-2010, 09:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

I know someone that uses and likes it too. If you use it, and like it, I don't see a down side to it. It's a way to get active.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:30 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Striving to be a better Man!

The Wii is great! My 70+ year old mother loves hers. I used Wii fit a little. On the other hand.. Xbox360 has a new peripheral coming out this fall and it will also have motion control but will use built in cameras to pick up the movement.
I'd recommend the Wii if it will only be used for exercise, but if you want more capabilities go with the xbox. We use our xbox for netflix, music, we also have it all networked with our pc's so we can play stuff from our media libraries on the big screen/stereo.
The systems are close to the same price but the wii games usually run 10 to 15 dollars less.
Old 10-23-2010, 05:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attended By a Single Hound

Wii Fit is an expensive fad / craze, far as I see it personally. Kudos to anyone who's still going strong with it. It is fun, but a lot of my mates bought Wii Fit and all of them still lag behind when we've to run for a bus then wheeze in my ear half the journey once we're on the bus. I'm not an athlete and I don't exercise outdoors in winter, except walking 2-10 miles daily cause' I've no money for public transport, but I stay healthy enough. I do yoga mostly in the winter. Try maybe an evening class indoors too? The social aspect can mean you get support and keep motivated.