Blogs

Exercise/Food Programs

Old 08-25-2010, 01:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Exercise/Food Programs

Hi. I am an 18 year old male. 5'8, 250 pounds. I want to be down to 180 in a year. I was looking for exercise tips that can help me lose about 2-3 pounds per week.

Also what foods should I be eating? I am high school senior and plan on eating salads every day for lunch. But what about breakfast, dinner, and snacks?

I really need help. I have been fat all my life, and really want to get these numbers moving. I have been drinking nothing but water, and eating more fruits and vegetables over the past couple weeks, but it doesn't feel like enough.

Thanks.

Last edited by cece1960; 09-23-2010 at 09:30 AM.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:44 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by melaniepol View Post
Hi. I am an 18 year old male. 5'8, 250 pounds. I want to be down to 180 in a year. I was looking for exercise tips that can help me lose about 2-3 pounds per week.

Also what foods should I be eating? I am high school senior and plan on eating salads every day for lunch. But what about breakfast, dinner, and snacks?

I really need help. I have been fat all my life, and really want to get these numbers moving. I have been drinking nothing but water, and eating more fruits and vegetables over the past couple weeks, but it doesn't feel like enough.

Thanks.
My suggestion might be tough since, ou probably don't prep your food, so whover does will have to be on board.

This is what I did to clean my body , and go back to a "natural weight "

Try to get enough sleep, get outside for a little air and sunshine daily when possible, drink only water ( not during or right after eating though )

Drop the sucrose, ( sugar, corn syrup, or the myriad of names it's called on food labels ) This can be really tough since it's in a sh*tload of things, avoid white processed flour.

Before 10am eat only fruit ! (fresh fruit I mean )
......hope you're handy with a knife ? lo

Midday, lunch eat WATERY Vegetables ( pretty much describes all vegetables, right ? ) with either meat OR starch......not both.
Ratio Veg- Meat 6-1
................or ratio Veg-Starch ( potatoe, whole rice, ) 6-1. Remenber, non of that sugary dressing on the damn salad.

Gradually increase walking to walk-run over the first 4 months , go slow on this. Diet has way better results initially. Cycle, swim, or anything YOU pick to do for moving your body is the thing to do. Hiking might be your thing, lifting some weights, etc ....you get the idea.

Dinner, same as lunch.

Only fruit after 8pm.

No weighing food , counting carbs, or anything. Your body will grab all the nutrients and easily eliminate the waste and bult up toxins on this method.

It's designed to not overload your digestive system at work daily.

Try not mixing the meat (protien) with the starch ( high carb ) for a couple weeks and go back to mixing them in a meal. If you find there's no difference in your energy levels the hour&1/2 after you eat, .....I'd be suprised. Check it out for yourself though.

Remember, sugar is not food anyone could get there mitts on, even 300 years ago. Fr*cken crazy Royalty maybe, ....so it's a tough nut to crack, but deleting sugar and replacing with Fructose (real natural sugar from real fruit )

Be diligent, check labels, most all store products includes sugar. Reason, it's cheap as hell (more profit for them ) and the population craves it like heroin junkies.

Good luck, once you drop the first20, you'll be able to do more and more, physically. I dropped over 50 since 4-4 this way; although that's when I started cycling. Tend to be a mad dog on a bike. It was all I could do initially to push hard on 5-6 miles. Today I cranked most of 25 pretty hard,

you can lose that weight ! Damn good thing you can do it so oooo young also , good luck young brother, ....never look back.

Remenber, half a peace sign to the sucrose !! Don't care if it's all up in grandma's desserts (for being a good boy )

Kick that unnatural crap out your life, your body will thank you; ...your friends won't recognize you (in 7 months,) ....and you'll be eating a ton of (natural) food, ....same as I do every day

You're in school, ....go to the public library and check out " Sugar Blues " ....it'll clear it up for ya !
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to topspin For This Useful Post:
Ghostly (09-19-2010), grateful2b (10-23-2010), lilac0721 (09-19-2010), sampar (09-03-2010)
Old 09-19-2010, 06:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Topspin's advice is pretty solid. It sounds like you may not be getting enough protein and fat. Yes, FAT. Good fat, like olive oil, avocados, and fatty fish (mmm, salmon). Getting enough protein and fat will help you feel full longer. Add some fish or chicken to that salad!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to lilac0721 For This Useful Post:
Ghostly (09-19-2010), topspin (09-19-2010)
Old 09-19-2010, 06:32 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Groovy Dancer

Top has really good suggestions and I think you would def see success if you follow that route.

I would have a couple variations on what my good friend Top recommended though...

Make your diet based on meats, veggies and fruits. Avoid starches like potatoes and rice.

Be careful eating just salads - they will NOT fill you up unless you add some protein and fat to it like lilac suggested. Fat is not the enemy.

Having a diet full of meat, fruits and veggies is not as boring and difficult as it seems. If you want some more info on this PM me and I'd be glad to point you in the right direction.

Top and I totally agree to avoid sugar. Water is great. Regardless if you watch what you eat, cut out the crap, and get some exercise you will see results. You may just need some more info to fine tune yourself!

Check out the daily fitness thread - Kicking Asphalt - to help motivate you to get going. Good luck! Keep us posted.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ghostly For This Useful Post:
topspin (09-19-2010)
Old 10-23-2010, 09:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I carry around fruit (seriously I keep apples or bananas, etc in my purse) and when I'm out eating I'll eat one before I eat my meal - that way I'm not as hungry and I'm getting my fruit. If it's nice sit down place I will just eat something healtheir, like a salad. ALSO don't use salad dressing! If you do, use only a small amount. It totally defeats the purpose of a salad. I request a lime or lemon and squeeze it on the salad with a little pepper.

When I'm at home I also eat fruit before meals - and then veggies I just throw into food I cook because they aren't very filling (or snack on them while watching tv).
Old 11-14-2010, 11:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I have read that eating whole foods is best. Eating alot of vegetables, salads, and whole grains will be helpful.

There are many books out there...perhaps finding one at the library to give you some ideas on healthy eating. Good Luck to you!