Blogs

mt biking

Old 05-27-2010, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Addict

mt biking

Just curious anyone here race or ride mountain bikes? Im always looking for more riders in recovery. Even recreational riders. I just am tired of all the beer drinking that seems to go along after the ride. I used to ride with a bunch of guys in recovery but they dont seem to be around any longer Anyways Im in the Lehigh Valley in PA. My wife rides and races too but she is pregnant and will be taking the summer off from riding. She's also in recovery. We also like to go on camping trips to various mt bike destinations with our 4 yr old daughter and would really love to hang out with another couple in recovery with kids that ride, but I know thats pushing it trying to find that. We cant even find a couple with kids who ride as much as we do NOT in recovery lol. Funny we were thinking about putting an ad in craigslist: "MW4MW with kids for dirty times without drugs". I jsut dont think that would go over well. Anyways, Im in the local MASS series this year but had to take off a few of the early races becasue I broke my clavicle. Its healed up pretty good and even though the training is back on in full Im still free on the weekends to get in a good ride. So, kids or not, couples or singles, let me know if you in my area and want to get in some riding.
The Following User Says Thank You to euphoria For This Useful Post:
Trying2Fly (05-31-2010)
Old 05-30-2010, 08:29 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I rode 47miles today with my girlfriend, we live in St. Louis and did part of what is called the Katie Trail. This is the most I have every done in one day and it feels great, especially during a three day weekend like this when most people are drinking.
Old 05-31-2010, 07:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Awakening...

I live in the PNW and ride a lot of rails to trails and Forest Service roads. I never intented my mountain biking to include climbing over boulders and jumping over Douglas Fir trees. But, I did see a mountain biking area that would give me some single track action.
Now if it would only stop bloody raining!!!
Old 10-04-2010, 05:00 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Addict

Well the race season is over for me this year. Not exactly the results I would have liked to see, but I cant complain. I did really well for the amount of time I could give to it. Well enough to have to have won the PA State Champ race and have to upgrade to Cat 1 next year! I have one more local race this weekend I would like to do and will prolly try it out as Cat 1 to see how much work I need to do over the winter lol.

Anyways, about the 3rd Saturday of the month we have a local Riding in Recovery Mountain Bike ride in Deer Park, NJ put on by the Northwest New Jersey Area of Narcotics Anonymous. Its been fun so far, so if anyone is local to us and want to check it out please let me know. You will need a bike and a helmet. Beginner and advanced friendly rides starting at 10am. PM me here or go to www.nanj.org for more info.