Blogs

16 Week fitness Challenge-Join if you wish

Old 06-13-2009, 06:10 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  

I hear ya! I am to eat 6 times a day....and the calorie goal is so low, I haven't been able to keep to it yet and am still hungry all the time. I don't get a day off with boot camp...plus today is the day I volunteer and garden with kids and they overscheduled me today. GRRRRR
I have been up since 5, haven't eaten yet. I woke in a great mood until I looked at my schedule..last minute email. I am getting grumpier by the minute....I tried to distract myself by looking up concert schedules......hey, even the codie thread says it is time for a fun day!
Grump, grumpier, grumpiest.
today I am barbedweyer.
Old 06-13-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 102 (permalink)  

Hope everyone is having a nice weekend!

Winding down week 3 - feel good overall although I'm finding weekends are the hardest time to keep to my eating plan as there are so many temptations when out and about visiting and such. I had a handful of Doritos today - and feel like now I should workout tomorrow but also want to take a day off. Maybe a walk on the beach....I weighed this morning and I'm down eight lbs. since the start which is good since my goal is roughly twenty but I know I have to keep focused. This week will be difficult. It's going to be super busy, stressful, and depressing so I know that I need to keep it up more than ever so I don't get too overwhelmed.
Old 06-14-2009, 06:21 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  
Resident

Congratulations Itsatruth. Eight pounds is fantastic. My wife is trying to lose 20 pounds also and has lost only 6 so she is jealous.
Way to tough it out live. It is hard when you have those boot camp slave drivers breathing down your neck.
Week 3 Day 7
We have come a long way. I am looking forward to getting back to the gym tomorrow. Really. Honestly. Well I AM.
Had fish for dinner last night. I am trying to eat fish two nights a week. It is not my favorite, except pickerel, but I am getting used to it.
Good luck to all on week four.
Old 06-14-2009, 08:16 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  
mergirl

aaak! Sometimes this thread reminds me of what I am suppose to being doing:P I only like to eat fish if i can bbq it, and I haven't cleaned of the q yet for the summer.
Old 06-14-2009, 09:26 PM
  # 105 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Congratulations Itsatruth. Eight pounds is fantastic. My wife is trying to lose 20 pounds also and has lost only 6 so she is jealous.
Not much difference between 6 and 8 - and they are both something to be proud of - so tell your wife, this week she just may pass me up! Good for her!

Fish.....ewwwwww.

Wishing everyone a great week

Oh I forgot ~ I was wavering this morning about walking then a friend called and invited me to go for a hike. Easy walk, good pace, beautiful day!
http://bp2.trimbleoutdoors.com/ViewT...x?tripId=53487
Old 06-15-2009, 03:53 AM
  # 106 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 4 Day1
Moving right along.
My wife only lost one half pound last week so she is a bit discouraged. Sometimes the body builds a little more muscle before you lose weight and this is another reason the program is 16 weeks.
I have lost enough weight but the belly fat is still there so I am still at it and trusting the results will be there at the end.
Have a good workout.
Old 06-15-2009, 07:43 AM
  # 107 (permalink)  

Don't let your wife worry about the weight loss, it's rarely constant, I'm not trying to lose weight, (though I probably should) just off the sweets and I've lost between 3 and 4 pounds, which is fine and slow like I believe it should be. I also tend to eat mostly organic foods, little meat, lots of fish, and lots of fruit and vegetables that I love, and now my garden is producing!
The 1st of July will be my last day with regular activities and I'll start doing my own thing, which really worries me. My bike is out, I've checked it over, I hope to do 4 hours a week, I'll have to get in the pool too, maybe I'll do exercises, I sure hate swimming back and forth. My daily jog is a given, I can't bear the stare from those sad brown eyes as my poor dog sits patiently waiting. Gardening everyday of course, you'd think with the heat the growing would slow, but no, weeds thrive on heat too, and the rest needs pruning and spraying, and... Dancing every weekend, yes that's a real pleasure at least !
I'm just worried I don't have the discipline needed to do things by myself. But that's why I'm here. You'll give me incentive ! Thanks !
Old 06-16-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 108 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 4 Day2
When the going gets tough the tough get going.
Settling into the routine this week. The weather has been great for walking so that is a big plus but there is rain in the forecast tomorrow so it will likely be underground walking for me but I plan on enjoying a long walk outdoors today after the gym.
Old 06-17-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 109 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 4 Day3
Weighed in yesterday and my weight remained the same which is what I wanted. The last inch of fat around my belly hasn't left me yet so I am a bit discouraged yet still dedicated to lose it. I know this takes time so I am being patient and continuing to plug away at the challenge. Hope everyone else is doing the same.
Old 06-18-2009, 04:06 AM
  # 110 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 4 Day 4
Over the hump on week four and looking forward to tricep and back day today. After the next week or so it should be smooth sailing for a few weeks until I hit the next hard period. Journaling the journey here really helps keep me focussed.
Thanks to anyone who is still reading and participating.
Old 06-18-2009, 05:52 AM
  # 111 (permalink)  
mergirl

Im still cheering for you! The dust from my emotionally challenging week has settled. I know I need to at least join WW again to dial in where I am going wrong, and I will join the gym up the road the minute they open the doors, so I should be starting my own program soon. Keep up the good work!
Old 06-19-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 112 (permalink)  
Resident

Thanks for the encouragement Gypsy. It is much appreciated. There is a thread for people that are trying to cut their sugar consumption here and some of them are also on WW. Check it out if you are so inclined.
http://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/...ml#post2267673
Also thanks to all that post a thanks. Although I am used to talking to myself it is encouraging to see others reading my journey.
If you are reading and want to join you could join now and do a 12 week challenge and finish at the same time.
Week 4 Day 5
Last gym day of the week and I am kinda looking forwrd to the 2 day rest period. It is arm day and I like arm day. I was walking in the drizzle yesterday, which was not all that bad. Getting tired of the underground.
Have a good weekend everyone.
Old 06-19-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 113 (permalink)  
Rockin 'n' rollin' everyday

Hey Fub, the drill sounds interesting to me. Is it the same drill you posted at the beginning of this thread?
Old 06-19-2009, 10:27 AM
  # 114 (permalink)  
Resident

Thanks for dropping by Jack and yes the program I am following is the one on the first post here. Everyoneparticipating has their own list so to speak.
If you want it would be great if you joined us. Exercise can't hurt------too much.
Old 06-20-2009, 02:22 AM
  # 115 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 4 Day 6
I was about 20 minutes shy on the walking part of my program yesterday so I will have to make that up today.
I have been substituting better things at breakfast only so I will have to make more of an effort the coming week to look at other substitutes.
I hope all the other participants are still following their programs.
Old 06-20-2009, 04:00 AM
  # 116 (permalink)  
Rockin 'n' rollin' everyday

What I like is adding the walking and the daily ab workout. I'll give it a try.

Mine will consist of

1. 1 hour - Beach Football - 4 days a week. S-M-W-F

2. 1 hour - Gym - 3 days a week . T-Th-Sa
Tue - Total Body Conditioning & Strength Building
Thu - Same
Sat - NIA

2. Walking 45-60 mins every day

3. Abs 15 mins per day

4. Diet Considerations as follows
No processed sugars or obvious sweets
No added salt
No white flour or dough

5. Take 1 dose of protein powder daily.
Old 06-20-2009, 06:34 AM
  # 117 (permalink)  
Resident

Glad you are joining Jack. It is getting a bit lonely over here.
That sounds like a great plan.
Do you play in a beach football league?
Old 06-21-2009, 03:15 AM
  # 118 (permalink)  
Resident

Week 4 Day 7
One quarter of the way through and going strong. The only ones not happy with me is the gym. They like people that sign up and never go but keep paying since that is where they make their money. If too many members went 5 days a week they would have to charge more.
Old 06-21-2009, 01:45 PM
  # 119 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
Glad you are joining Jack. It is getting a bit lonely over here.
I'm still around

....just had that busy week I told about. It ended up being much more difficult than I thought to stick to everything. I began the week thinking I was out of a job and having to clean out my entire "office" and ended the week with a different job and still having to clean out the office. Took me forever and my SUV is still packed to the roof with stuff! It was an emotional roller coaster for me and I'm sooooo glad it's over.

I'm totally excited/relieved that I still have a job and totally ready to get back on track here.

I was only able to work out twice and - although I didn't eat terribly - I also didn't stick to my eating plan. The fact that I felt terrible most of the week shows me that the plan is good for me and I need to start again ASAP - which is tomorrow. I actually miss the jogging - or at least the feeling of accomplishment that goes with it lol.

OK so on to week.....5....has it really been that long??

PS Hope your wife is doing well too Fubar - It's great she's on board too!
Old 06-22-2009, 04:12 AM
  # 120 (permalink)  
Resident

Good to see you posting again itsatruth and I am glad to see everything turned out with your job. Sometimes a change is as good as a break. I got 1,000 other cliche lines too.

Glad to see you are getting back on track with your program. Mrs Fubar is still going strong and posted a better weigh in this week. I,ll let her know you were asking about her.
Week 5 Day 1
It is a lovely day here in TO and I am looking forward to my walk this afternoon. My energy level is high today so the gym session should be good too.