Blogs

16 Week fitness Challenge-Join if you wish

Old 05-29-2009, 12:40 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Resident

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
I just got back from vacation and my lying jerk of a scale says I gained 5 pounds!! I reckon I will be joining you guys=)
I think this is due to global warming as I also just got back from vacation and my scale was off by about 5 pounds also.

Welcome to the thread. Just create your own tailor made program and we will be here to tell you how great you are doing. It is still the first week.
Old 05-30-2009, 01:06 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

Ok I also forgot that I AM going to stop salting things. I also promise to do my stretching after jogging in the morning, that's something else I don't like to do, but I know I need it. Gosh there's a lot I don't like, I'm really a negative person I guess. But I'll keep pushing in the right direction, what doesn't kill me should make me stronger, I hope.
Old 05-30-2009, 04:36 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Resident

Keep at it Poppy. It becomes a lot easier after it becomes routine. The small sacrifices will be worth the final result.
Day 6 and the first day of the weekend.
I am up early n order to keep my meals and snacks properly spaced. I like sleeping in on the weekend so this is a sacrifice for me.
It is the off gym day so exercise is only the 45-60 min walk but I amy do an extra cardio session at the gym.
Good luck all in your program today. We can do this.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:16 AM
  # 44 (permalink)  

I'll keep at it, but those cold showers may kill me before they make me stronger!
I'm adding still another thing to my list, I need to strive for better posture. The last time I saw my daughter she said I was beginning to look "hunchbacked", isn't she a sweetheart? At my age I have to start worrying about osteoporosis and such, soooo good posture is a MUST
Old 05-30-2009, 07:52 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Day 5 derailed me a bit because I was sick all day. Ate well but lightly, handled everything else in my goals, but I just couldn't bring myself to exercise with a fever and chills...today is a bit better so we'll see what I can do!
Old 05-30-2009, 12:46 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Keep at it Poppy. It becomes a lot easier after it becomes routine. The small sacrifices will be worth the final result.
It really does become easier when it becomes habit/part of the routine. Now, when I can't workout, I don't feel right.

This week has been unusually busy and hectic at work so I got a bit off track. Eating fine ~ but after a couple 13 hour days ~ workouts suffered. But I'm ready to get going full steam ahead again now!

I'm glad we've got this thread to come back to...it's great to see all the support! Thanks everyone!

Welcome Poppy! Love your avatar - what can I say I'm partial to the California poppy.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:43 AM
  # 47 (permalink)  
Resident

Day 7 week 1.
The first week is coming to a close and we have all put forth a good effort and should be proud of each other.
Today is more of the same then it is back to the gym tomorrow.
I had too much coffee over the weekend but had a nice long conversation at Starbucks with an old drinking buddy who quit 2 years ago. I had it with Splenda so it is not too bad but I am trying to limit it to 1 cup a day max. This was my only indiscretion this week so I guess it isn't that bad.
Old 05-31-2009, 06:54 AM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Fub, I dont mind the coffee, I have it black speeds my metabolism up
Old 05-31-2009, 06:56 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
mergirl

tonight I will set goals, one of which may include sucking it up and paying for WW online again uhg. Poppy why cold showers eeeeeeeek? itsatruth, lemme know if you ever need a house keeper, care giver, roommate, or if you just want to adopt me, MmmMM, SLO, one of the prettier places on earth!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:28 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by uglyeyes View Post
tonight I will set goals, one of which may include sucking it up and paying for WW online again uhg. Poppy why cold showers eeeeeeeek? itsatruth, lemme know if you ever need a house keeper, care giver, roommate, or if you just want to adopt me, MmmMM, SLO, one of the prettier places on earth!
I may give up on cold showers, it's 4 in the afternoon and I've run out of reasons not to shower yet, first I had to take the dog on his walk, then I needed to garden and pull weeds, then I had to prepare lunch, then I needed to iron, then I had to do my tax papers, now it's stormy out, not hot enough to want anything cold, and I still haven't showered, maybe I'll just shower tomorrow. But the reason is for my sagging skin, for the glow it should give me, for feeling invigorated (which BTW I'm beginning to consider a BAD word), for my health,etc etc. Here, check out this link, but there are lot's more. Cold Shower Therapy: ailments from a-z cured with cold showers. I'm trying apple cider vinegar too, it's ok for the first glass but every glass after that is worse and worse.

And thanks for enlightening me, I was wondering where SLO California was, Boy am I SLOW. When I was a kid we used to camp in Pismo Beach, right near San Louis Obispo, but it's been a long time and the only abreviation of cities I recall is LA and I sometimes get that confused with Louisiana. I need more contact with the States I guess. But once I pay my taxes it's not likely I'll be going. Sniff

I'm doing ok on my plans, and I keep adding things on (like the apple cider vinegar, I'm having doubts about all this though, I'm turning into some kind of nut) I did some stretching after jogging this morning, no where near enough but I got sidetracked in the garden. Oh well, next week FULL SPEED AHEAD!
Old 05-31-2009, 07:29 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
God is leading the way!!!

I also want to lose the belly fat...thanks for the motivation.
Old 05-31-2009, 10:48 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Amazonqueen522 View Post
I also want to lose the belly fat...thanks for the motivation.
So....are you joining us? We'd love to have another to help keep us all motivated. We make our own goals - so you can choose what is OK and workable for you!

Ready for week 2!!!
Old 05-31-2009, 10:52 PM
  # 53 (permalink)  

And thanks for enlightening me, I was wondering where SLO California was, Boy am I SLOW. When I was a kid we used to camp in Pismo Beach, right near San Louis Obispo, but it's been a long time and the only abreviation of cities I recall is LA and I sometimes get that confused with Louisiana. I need more contact with the States I guess. But once I pay my taxes it's not likely I'll be going. Sniff
I used the initials because I knew not everyone knew what it meant.

My avatar picture is actually a picture I took of a Pismo Beach sunset in January. What a beautiful day/night that was.

itsatruth, lemme know if you ever need a house keeper, care giver, roommate, or if you just want to adopt me, MmmMM, SLO, one of the prettier places on earth!
House keeper.....hmmm.
Old 06-01-2009, 01:53 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

Well, not the greatest weekend for progress, folks I've just had this nagging head/flu thing and it's drained me of energy. The most I've been able to do is some walking. I am staying hydrated, centered, and lightly fed, with lots of fruits, veggies, and juices, but I succumbed to O.S. (obvious sweets) yesterday and feel terrible. Ah, well, today I start again!!

P.S. truth -- S.L.O. is truly one of the best places on earth....gotta get back there some time.....
Old 06-01-2009, 04:53 AM
  # 55 (permalink)  
Resident

Sorry to hear about you having the flu givelove.
That is the one thing I am hoping to avoid for the 16 weeks.
Day 1 Week 2

I am anxious to get back to the gym. I have been in 100% compliance so far and am happy about that even though I haven't seen any real progress yet. That is another reason for the 16 week time frame. Sometimes it takes a while to see the results of your hard work.
Hope everyone has a strong day.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:43 AM
  # 56 (permalink)  

The day went well, I drank the apple cider vinegar with watered down grapefruit juice, you expect grapefruit juice to bite so it's ok, when I tried with orange juice it was no good. I'm still suffering through my cold showers, but mostly because we're having cool stormy weather and I'm cold already, but once I get out of that cold shower I can sure feel my blood circulating and I get warm immediately. It has to be great for my varicose veins, it seems to me my doctor told me once to use cold water on my legs. (He's a nice guy, he would never have suggested freezing my WHOLE body) I still haven't completely turned off the hot water either, we have well water here and it comes in really really cold, maybe next week, brrrr.
Jogged with the dog this morning, but much less than usual because of the rain I had to stay on the paved roads, but I went to my stretching class for an hour. I seem to remember most of the time to stand up straight it's not too difficult when I'm not tired. I'm doing well with my diet, been using no salt and I don't even miss it. I don't really miss sweets either, which was a real surprise to me, but I went for almost 30 days once without sweets and didnt even notice. Sometimes I sure surprise myself ! And I'm a little bit proud too Hope you all are doing well too. Get well quick givelove, last week I had no energy either fortunately it only lasted 2 days.
Old 06-01-2009, 09:47 AM
  # 57 (permalink)  

Soon as I am over this first few days of not drinking the plan is for me to get. Hoping to go the gym and do a martial art.
Old 06-01-2009, 08:51 PM
  # 58 (permalink)  

Still sick today (down to the coughing and the scratchy throat, though!) but I was able to get out and walk for an hour, and ate a lot of fruit and veggies today, drank a lot of water, and got in a nap

Tomorrow, again, I hope to get back to my REAL exercise.
Old 06-02-2009, 04:04 AM
  # 59 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome Spen. Good idea to concentrate on getting sober first. Exercise has really helped me in this
Way to tough it out when you are sick Give and still get some exercise in. You are a trooper.
Week 2 day 2.
Weigh in day and I lost 2 pounds which I am quite pleased with. If I can lose 1 pound a week for the next three weeks then maintain and replace some fat weight with muscle weight I will be happy.
Old 06-02-2009, 06:46 PM
  # 60 (permalink)  

Take good care of yourself, Givelove ~ Sometimes we just need to rest so our bodies can fight it off. Hope you are better soon!

Fubar - thank you so much for sharing your progress, it helps me to think I can do it too.

californiapoppy - good for you
I'm feeling a bit proud of myself too. Yesterday at the gym I jogged for 30 minutes straight on the treadmill - then did the bike for another 30. I've never been a good runner/jogger - always seemed too hard. So I told myself I would just go for it and stop when I felt too tired - but I didn't - I felt good enough to keep going, so I did. I know it's not like the real thing - but for me it's a good thing.

Everything else is going well - I'm going to go work my arms in a bit.

Enjoy the day everyone...